1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DayDream Dolls Discussion Part 1

May 10, 2013

1. @Elomina
      Thank you so much for the info! I also ordered a Lucky Box and I was wondering when they would be shipped :)

2. It looks like No Makeup Head Ryan and No Makeup Head Grace are available for sale right now... and if you click on the Special Sale button on the left, Daydream’s makeup service is also available. So it looks like you can get two makeup heads if you wanted.

3. I got my lucky box today and I’m very pleased - got two blank heads, two wigs, six pairs of eyes, a pair of shoes and a necklace. Was thrilled I got another coco head since she’s my favorite.

4. @Elomina
      So happy for you! Can't wait for my Lucky Box too...still waiting for the shipment notification, I hope they will send it soon!

Hi there!
      My lucky box arrived today and I'm super happy with it! Got two blank heads, a Evan and a Grace, plus two wigs, 4 pairs of acrylic eyes and 1 pair of glass eyes, a necklace and a pair of glasses! I own a Coco and a Juliet so now my Daydream family has two new members! I hope Daydream will release new bodies soon :)

#484 Flaxen Hair Girl, Jul 15, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2020
    5. @Flaxen Hair Girl
      What color heads did you get? I got Helen in white rose and Coco in warm beige. I hope they come out with their bodies soon and that they’re as nice as the old ones. I know a lot of people are hoping for double jointed but I like the single jointed Daydream bodies. I wish I could have gotten company face ups on the heads but I didn’t know if which ones I’d get or if I’d like them. Helen is pretty but her lips are more full than I’d like.
      All the eyes I got were acrylic but they’re surprisingly good quality for not being glass.

6. @Elomina
      The heads I received are both in Apricot beige (cool beige). I honestly was hoping for a Sally or a Ryan head but Evan and Grace are indeed very cute.
      I also like the Daydream single jointed bodies very much. I don't know if the new ones will be double jointed or not, I honestly hope they are not!
      I'm a huge fan of this company and I can't wait for their new products. I wish they could come back soon with amazing dolls! And yes, the company faceups are simply amazing, custom-artist quality like!

7. Can anyone pretty please tell me about Daydream's current NS resin color? I was hoping to put a Bluefairy head (or maybe some other head) on that cute 39cm Daydream body, and though I can gather that the fit/proportions seem great, I have seen wildly conflicting info about the resin match and what Daydream's resin color looks like in general. :?

Daydream said that it is possible to order just the body now, but I am hesitant to attempt a hybrid when I have literally no clue about the body's color, so any comments about it would be very appreciated! :)

#487 Dolly, Aug 3, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    8. @Dolly

Hi there! I hope it helps you, below is a photo showing how the Daydream and the Bluefairy resin color looks.
      From left to right:
      1. Daydream Natural Skin
      2. Bluefairy Beauty White
      3. Bluefairy Basic

My Daydream doll is dated 2017 while the Bluefairy dolls are dated 2018/2019.

[​IMG]

9. @Flaxen Hair Girl ~ thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. :D Yikes, that is an awful match, but it is at least good to know that it won't work!

Ah well, I'll just cross my fingers and hope that Daydream starts selling Coco or Juliet again. <3

10. @Dolly
      You're welcome!
      I think Daydream will probably release new resin colors in the future. I got two blank heads from them during their Lucky Bag Event and they are both Apricot beige (cool beige). Now I'm looking forward to the new bodies to be released. I hope soon!
      Coco and Juliet are my fav sculpts too - as matter of fact I own a Coco and a Juliet :XD: - but I wish I had a Sally too!
      Their first dolls were all so lovely!

11. It does seem that way. One of my heads is listed as “warm beige” which I thought was just their normal skin tone with a new name but I’m not really sure. My only daydream doll is beauty white, which I think has been renamed as well. My other head is white rose, which looks the same as my beauty white doll.

So maybe there will be a cool beige and a warm beige?

12. @Flaxen Hair Girl ~ I'm looking forward to seeing the new bodies too! I'm late to the Daydream party but I hope they will make a nice comeback as they seem to have so much potential. BTW, I peeked on your Flickr and your girls are so precious! :D You take very nice photos too.

13. @Dolly
      Thank you so much, glad you like my girls and their photos! As many doll collectors, I currently post photos to Instagram and Twitter mostly, though Flickr's my 'first love'! The doll community was used to be really amazing there!

Daydream dolls are fantastic, as you said, they have so much potential! Can't wait for updates!

14. Hi there!
      A new limited dress set is available at Daydream site! I love their outfits, always so lovely and well-made!
      Daydream - the world of Chloe Page

And, I also have some news about doll bodies. Daydream have in stock few bodies dated 2017. During the Lucky Bag Event I got two heads in cool beige skin. Few days ago I contacted them asking for news about doll parts and I had the chance to buy, at a discounted price, both a boy and a girl body from their past collection.
      Skin color may differ a little bit because the bodies were made in 2017, while the heads I own are dated 2019 but, if you send the heads to them they try to find the doll parts which best match the heads skin color.
      I hope it helps!

:3nodding:

#494 Flaxen Hair Girl, Sep 28, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    15. Looks like they’re having a preorder for the renewal coco head and two limited heads starting 11/26. No new bodies yet but I think you can buy one of the old ones with a coupon for new body upgrade?

Not sure if I really like the new Coco head, I prefer the eyes on the old one.

16. Fabian is super cute, so is the cinnamon skin (of course my fav of the heads I prefer not in cinnamon). Coco renewal also looks fantastic. They did a great job preserving her vibe while loosing a lot of that "plastic-y" look the older model had.

I wish they'd let us order these new skin tones as well as a body for Ryan and Grace too. Would have jumped at the chance of a cinnamon Ryan.

17. I hope this is a sign that they will release the new bodies soon!!!
      The new resin colors and sculpts looks lovely! (though I too wish that they also offered Ryan and Grace in cinnamon). It seems like Daydream is going for a subtle new style? Like the chins seems... slimmer? I know some people who might describe it as a "v-shape" but I'm not too knowledgeable on that kind of terminology so I could be wrong. Honestly I kinda prefer the old style It just felt "cute" rather than "pretty" if that makes sense, it's interesting how some subtle changes can change so much^-^. (not that the old style wasn't pretty, and the new style isn't cute but I don't know how else to describe it:/).

I know I sound really negative but I do like the new sculpts and frankly, it's too early to talk about new styles so I'm just getting ahead of myself.

18. The eyes and chins definitely look different to me. Even the face up style looks like they’re moving away from that Bluefairy-like look. Both styles are beautiful but I miss Coco’s sassy glare. Maybe it’s just the eyebrows in that face up?

19. Yeah, I did noticed how different the eyebrows in the face-up looked so I'm glad you mentioned it! They look darker and it's almost like they don't have a curve so it does create another expression! This goes for Coco but also for the two new sculpts. It also looks like they made Coco's eyes smaller so that's also probably why.
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      I hope it's alright that I post this but here is both versions of Coco for comparison, just in case anyone wanted to look at them side by side

#499 Kosmyst, Nov 25, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    20. Agreed, maybe it depends on the make-up, but I prefer the previous Coco head! Though the new one looks very good in Cinnamon skin.
      Anyway, I definitely will take advantage of the pre-release to buy some glass eyes for my Daydreamers :3nodding: