1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DayDream Dolls Discussion Part 1

May 10, 2013

1. Totes understandable! I know pants and things can be a pain.
      I guess we just gotta wait til more BF owners buy DD girls so we'll know what fits and what doesn't. T:

2. Thought I would share my Sally with you all. ^^
      [​IMG]

I can't really help you with the body or what fits since my only Bluefairy is a boy and the outfit my Ofelia is wearing I made myself but I've got incoming Aplebin clothes so I can tell you guys how they fit eventually.

3. Nihmo she's gorgeous! I love her hat and those eyes! Is this the new default face up? I've only seen the limited. She's lovely, you must be really pleased :)

4. Thank you! ^^
      I just knew I had to make her a little hat as soon as I saw her. The eyes are from Souldoll btw. I buy all my eyes from them nowadays.
      I added some more blush, pink at the tearducts, gloss and then eyelashes but other than that it's indeed the default face up. Usually I never get dolls with face ups but you have to with Daydream dolls. I was unsure how I'd feel about it but I'm absolutely loving it! She's so adorable and her body is super cute!
      I hope they release more dolls because I'm certain there'll be more of them living here then. It'd be wonderful to see boys from them.
      I'm getting a Bluefairy Olive to be her little brother. They share some resemblance don't they? uwu

5. I'm really glad you love her! She is so sweet and her face up certainly looks lovely, I think you only improved it.
      I will have to look at souldoll eyes, I just ordered from Daydream; eyes and a wig. I really want some boots too, the ones without laces in Khaki, I think they look like wellington boots, so cute!
      Her outfit is so sweet, I'd love to see more of it! I love hats but struggle to find good ones for my dolls.
      Olive would definitely make a wonderful sibling for Sally and little brothers are so cute! I've been planning to get my Olive V an Olive little brother but I might end up ordering a sister if I'm not careful!

6. I have trouble finding hats for my dolls too. Luckily I really like simple hats like the one I made Ofelia so I can make more.
      I look forward to seeing more Olive's from you, sisters or brothers, you take such lovely photos.
      Oops! It's hard not mentioning Bluefairy when you talk about Daydream Dolls. I hope it's not venturing too far off topic.

I just got new shoes in for her, I'll try to snap some shots of them and the rest of her outift. ^^

7. Hooray!! I'm so late for this thread! everyone dolls look lovely, I'm personally love Coco.
      I really love DD body, its look so smooth at those joints.
      I'm thinking of getting TF head and hybrid with DD body.
      Do you think their NS will match well? I only find comparision on WS which DD look so different to BF.
      Oh, and do DD pose better than BF or they are about the same?

8. I have a NS Sally and a TF May. I took a comparison picture for you. Sorry the quality isn't very good but it's evening here so the light is less than stellar.
      [​IMG]

DD is little more pink than BF but if you'd blush your TF head I think it'd look fine. From what I gathered BF tend to vary a bit between their batches so another BF could match even better?

I don't have BF girl, only boys but in comparison to them she poses almost as well. She can't move her head very much though. Even if they can't do super complicated poses they can look very natural, elegant and relaxed in photos and if I prefer that.
      She can sit properly without leaning back. DD dolls are professional little slouchers and I love that. Slouching is important in this household.

9. kOii - New Bluefairy NS is much lighter than DayDream NS.
      I don't see any possibility they can match but old Bluefairy NS (older than 2010) maybe somewhat matches.
      For DayDream body, the legs pats can do more poses but quite sloppy. And it's not good at sitting pose, often tends to fall back if no support.
      Moreover, the wrist/hand can't move as freely as Bluefairy's. ขอเขียนเป็นไทยนิด คือข้อมือขยับพับงอได้ไม่เยอะเท่าBFค่ะ ที่ร้านมีตัวsampleให้จับเล่นได้ ถ้าอยากลองจับเล่นก้บอกได้ค่ะ.

10. My May boy in the picture is a new one and my Sally sits like a champ since she can slouch so well. Maybe it's my sueding?

11. kOii I'm not at all surprised you like Coco, she has always reminded me of BF Kevin since the moment I saw her!

I personally found their posing to be much the same as BF, So much depends on stringing, sueding and wiring when it comes to posing and I think my BF dolls vary a lot. I didn't think Daydream seemed any better or any worse.

I totally agree with the wrist thing though, Their wrists/hands are nowhere near as posable and I thought this was a big issue, hand positions are important to me.

Nihmo I look forward to seeing more photos of your girl, especially now I hear her brother has arrived!

12. I agree with the wrists too. What's weird with my Ofelia is that one wrist doesn't pose as well as the other. I can turn it downwards but it's impossible to turn it up, like at all. Does anyone else have the same problem?

13. Nihmo Thank you so much for the photo and info!!
      Turbow Thank you ka p'Bow, surely visit your shop someday!!
      Last_bus_home hahaa yes! and I'm searching for a sister for him.

I may think again if the body doesn't pose any better than BF.
      I will just get a whole BF or may be a whole DD when more sculpt is out.
      I love the BF and DD head sculpts but not quite like their pose-able OTL
      hmmmm tough decision!

14. So I just discovered this company after looking at Pupa*Casa. Has the dollmaker for this company worked intimately with BF? I noticed an aesthetic similarity in the Daydream sculpts. Also, are these dolls double-jointed? o 3o Thanks~

15. spindlewood They are designed by Chloe Page, aka X'iao of Bluefairy. There certainly is a resemblance, but what I am most excited about is clothes. The Pages have been responsible for all the best Bluefairy limiteds and have already released some amazing outfits under their own brand, I can't wait to see the release of outfits to their Daydream store!
      I'm afraid although I owned a daydream doll for a short (short short) while, I don't know much about their joints, knees and elbows are single joints, I don't know if their hips work any differently. They have beautiful bodies, though no options for different chest sizes at this point. I look forward to what they do next!!

16. Guys, guys, did you notice that there's a section for a new sculpt called Juliet? º 3º There's no picture of her yet but she's definitely there!

17. americonedream oh wow! I didn't!! I check their website every few days but only the notices. That's really exciting to hear! I wonder if she'll be a smiling sculpt this time. I'm really impatient for them to start selling outfits since The Pages design my favourite outfits. I hope this new girl is sweet! :)

18. I was JUST thinking that this morning, I want a smiling sculpt too! If they ever make something like Sarang or Somang, I'd be on that so fast. (Once I have money)

19. I will keep my fingers crossed she is a girl with a smile! Even though I don't plan on buying a daydream at the moment, I am so impatient for them to unveil her now that I know she is almost here!

20. Same here! They still aren't popular yet and don't make very frequent updates so this is a biiig deal.