1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DayDream Dolls Discussion Part 1

May 10, 2013

1. I contacted Tommy from ThePages and asked if they would be selling the default DayDream Doll uniforms in the near future and they said hopefully before the end of the year! While I doubt it would be that soon, I cannot wait to get the DayDream uniform for my TF Olive, it is such a lovely set.

2. Photos of Juliet have been released, she looks like a droopy May, not what I expected o.o
      Although she is on a new shorter body :)

3. Ah thank you Mk13! Yes, I see what you mean about her being a droopy May. She looks like a bit of an aquired taste and some people will probably love her, but she's certainly not for me. The new body looks interesting, I think both bodies are beautiful, it's a shame the colour match with Bluefairy is so far off, I'm sure lots of people would want that new body!! (And the old one for that matter!)

Edit: having said that, quite a few of the BF dolls I didn't warm to straight away are the ones on my wishlist now so who knows!

4. Oh dear, it's a shame she has a 7-8" head, because she's basically the same size as Minoru World Juniors... and if they stood together, they would look quite strange. Minoru World Juniors' heads are a little bit smaller than even the Shiny Fairies, so I definitely won't be adding this body to my lineup. I would definitely like to see it next to a MW Junior though!

Her face, however.... I rather like it! :) It fits with their sort of fierce aesthetic.

5. Both bodies are really nice, I sure do wish they'd release them separately! ; A ; Juliet is so cute, though. Definitely not a smiling girl but gorgeous as she is!

6. Oh my goodness, she looks just like Maggie Gyllenhaal! I think she's rather pretty, though for now my TF Olive is more than enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Juliet looks great, but it's not my type. I'm waiting for a smiling girl...

And I like the new body. The comparison looks good. If they release more than one smiling girl, I'd get them with different bodies.

I'll wait to see future releases. :)

8. Any doll can smile with the magic of face-up, I think.

Good news~ During Juliet release event, there will be Sally and Coco available to order as choice and full set in newly changed white skin resin.
      DayDream is changing the name of their white skin from 'Snow white skin' (which is quite yellow) to 'Beauty white skin'.

Sharing my little grumpy sisters, Miu and Umi.
      Miu is Bluefairy TF Chocolate Olive.
      Umi is DayDreamer Snow white skin Sally.

[​IMG]

9. Oh noooo, I just bought a doll! ;A;

10. Thanks for the info turbow :)
      Hopefully this means it will be closer to Bluefairy white skin~

11. Wow, how exiting, I secretly want a Sally in WS so it's very good to know. Do we know if it will be any closer to the BF resin? It would be great if it is, I'm sure many people would like that.

12. If it *is* close to the Blue Fairy white skin, I'm going to sink my bank balance and GET A DOLL because if all goes well, I'll graduate from college on Friday! XD

13. I was just looking at the Pupa*Casa Preorder for Daydream and they are available without face ups! I almost got excited before I remembered I have noooo doll funds at all right now!
      Thanks for the photos Mk13.
      peppermindsheep congratulations! Who are you planning to get?? :)

14. ^^;; Thanks, it's been a long time coming, haha! If these girls are the Blue Fairy Beauty White skin, then I will be adding a WS Coco to my collection!!

I'd also be really interested to know if the Daydream Girl body is compatible with Junior/Shiny heads... I like the looks of the Girl body, but I don't want to dive in and get one, just to find out it looks extremely strange next to my Junior-sized dolls.

15. Hello peppermintsheep! Did you order your Coco? I was so tempted to order WS Sally but I am getting a doll for christmas and a one in the BF WS event so I definitely need time to develop them first!!
      That new white skin is so light, I wish it was the same as BF but it is still nice!
      I really really wish they would lighten their NS though, now it seem so pink next to their WS, I can't bring myself to buy a doll that pink! It probably looks fine on it's own and when I had my Coco I thought it was a nice colour, But next to WS (which almost all my dolls are) it looks so pink!
      The new Girl body I think is wider that Jr Body and the heads are MSD size so it might look odd, but it is taller too so it might be fine, I'd love to see!

16. @Last_bus_home - The 39cm Girl body has similar measurements as 43cm Lady body, just shorter arms, legs, and torso. She wears standard MSD clothes.

And here is sample Juliet DayDream sent me for shop display~
      She's darling and the Girl body is so adorable <3
      Also more stable than Lady body.
      [​IMG]

17. The more I see the girl body the more I like it! I would be very tempted to get Sally on the girl body if I get her because I think she'd look so cute next to the full height MSDs! I love the Lady body too though so it's a tough one!!
      I'll have plenty of time to think about it either way!!
      I love that photo of Juliet, I'd like to see owner photos of her :)

18. Hey guys! Daydream have finally listed some clothes on their website (and revealed a new sculpt in the process)!! I DESPERATELY want a DD Sally, so much that I keep checking their website to see if anything has been updated! (I want WS/Girl body so I can't just buy one and I missed the preorder!) Anyway, they have a new sculpt (see Dress > Sentimental Journey) and clothes up though they're not available yet and they haven't revealed the name of the sculpt either, it may just be a Sally Valentine. Anyway, yay!

19. Thanks for pointing that out, the dresses are cute!
      I wonder when Daydream will release Juliet. It seems like the dealers have had preorders for her but she has not been available on Daydream's website.