1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DC/DZ Discontinues and resin changes?

Apr 22, 2019

1. I've seen many people infer that with the huge discontinues between Doll Chateau, and now Doll Zone, that the companies are preparing to release new sculpts or something else. I am wondering, have the companies actually stated anything of the sort? Or is it more of an assumption based on previous mass-discontinuations that you all have seen in the past. I am rather new to the hobby, so I'm not sure how things like this usually go! Do you think that they will release a batch of new products at once? Or slowly release new things as time passes? It's all purely skeptical of course, but I've never been in this situation and I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks is to come.

I also wonder, with their making tan resin unavailable - have they elaborated on this at all? Is it temporary? Do they know when it will be back, if at all? Or at the very least, what do you all think will happen?

(If this is posted in the wrong place, my apologies!! I could not think of where to place it)

2. Dollzone and DollChateau have already done a few discontinuations of many sculpts, they release new sculpts regularly and have many events each year (spring halloween winter), you can see it if you browse through their news pages.

Their tan has never been quite stable. They stop and change it from time to time, considering the production time it can affect an order after it has been placed which can be really disappointing by experience.
      It will probably be avalaible again.

3. @Skimo has got it exactly, I’d say. DC/DZ regularly release dolls, they are one of the most active groups I follow. They don’t have a need to release a huge batch at once, when they release regularly. I think they are simply trying to distance themselves (not in an unkind way!) from Dream Valley after the split, and work on new styles.

And yeah, the last tan was very inconsistent, sometimes being soda-coloured orange. I can see why they stop and start that colour.

4. With tan, the color does come and go. I guess DZ get more complaints about their tan that is why it is such a irregular skin tone. Usually they release tan once a year, especially a lot of people asked them and assure DZ that we are aware of how imperfect the tan resin is. The last batch was somewhat okay, but the batch before it turned out orangey... I would say, they have not find that perfect tan resin. Korean companies had their tan somewhat consistent like luts, switch and so on... But not yet with chinese companies...even though they been casting longer than korea.

Five years ago, I was told, the reason for discontinuing of DZ and DC sculpts is because of the moulds. Apparently they became unusable at certain time. But i notice as their sculpt artist decide to leave them and become independent...DZ decides it is time to let go that artists dolls too. DZ changed so much from day 1 i joined tge hobby.

5. @violetdepravity @nattherat @Skimo Thanks guys this is all really informative!! I've also seen the speculation that it is simply a method to distance themselves from Dream Valley which is totally valid, and I'm excited to see what new stuff they release in time!
      The inconsistency of the tan resin is a shame. I knew about the orange.. disaster, but didn't realize they were somewhat known for a consistent inconsistency. I suppose one can only hope that they improve, especially because a tan DC doll is a huge grail of mine :'( !!!
      Anyways, thanks for the info!