1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Decode Volks Headplates?

Jun 21, 2005

1. I'm just curious.

My Nono doesn't have a headplate on her, so I assume she's quite old (by ABJD standards). I bought her from someone on DOA, who got her from Y!j. I don't know anything of her life before then.

2. I think I first started seeing headplates on Volks SD in 2003, but only on the newer headmolds (like Shirou.) (My Michael, bought in 2003 - doesn't have one.)
      They seem to be adding them to their standard SD as they remake them for pure skin.

3. Okay, I'm doing a little research here, trying to figure a little something out about the way FCSes are numbered and serialised, so I'm wondering if any of you with a FCS who still happen to have the headplate (and the birth certificate if possible) could help me out here by answering a few questions! ^_^ Thanks!

#1: What is written on your FCS' headplate?
      (Example: "05.10 / FS")

#2: What is the "Serial no." on your FCS' birth certificate?
      (This is written on the middle left of the birth certificate. The words "Serial no." are in English and beneath it is printed the actual serial number. Example: "FS-0544". edit: it seems this only came into effect with the new FCS, so if your FCS was ordered before about October, 2004, don't worry if you can't find this. ^^)

#3: If possible, can you take a photo of the three hanko stamps at the bottom of your certificate, if there are three, and post it here or PM me a link to it?
      (This is at the very bottom of the certificate, on the right. There's three white squares -- either the two on the left or all three of them will have a round red stamp in them with kanji characters in the middle of it.)
      Example:
      [​IMG]
      (if you can post it big like this, so that the characters are readable, that's what I really need, so woud be fantastic. ^^)

#4: Can you tell me who you ordered your FCS through? This will also actually help a lot in figuring it out. ^_^

#5: (just added!) If you have the following piece of paper from your FCS, could you scan or photograph it for me? ^^
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/albumstorage/FCSMIMI.jpg
      (Thanks Nyan for this pic!) The most important part is the words in between the square brackets in the bottom left-hand corner.

Thanks everyone who helps! :D I'm just trying to figure out if there's a correlation between the numbering/lettering system and the store ordered at. ^_^

(And, if your FCS is a Sato one, it's not necessary to post, as I know that Sato FCSes are on a totally different numbering system.. but I don't mind seeing what yours are too, so feel free to. ^_^)

4. Oh, that's really neat to see! I'd love to have a FCS of my own someday. ^_^ If you don't mind me jumping in to ask, what are the hanko stamps for? Are they the signatures of the people who put the doll together, or did his/her makeup, or something else?

5. I guess the old FCS Sumika didnt have a serial No. since I couldnt find it anywhere :/

the Head plate says 04.10/ FS

here is a scan of my doll's birth certificate
      *removed - fear of recasts using it*

Hope Ive somewhat helped..

#5 HardCandy13, Nov 11, 2005
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    6. Yep, they're signatures (in Japan, they use a hanko to sign instead of signing their name themselves) and from what I can tell (the kanji written is tiny and my eyesight isn't so good) the first one is who made the doll and the second one is the 'factory manager'. (so I guess the head of the place Volks makes their FCS at.)
      The third one is "Doll Advisor" -- this is what the managers of the Volks stores are called. The third one is not stamped until after you have gone into the Sumika or Sato where you ordered your doll, had it opened for you in front of the staff, and approved that it's to your satisfaction. Once you've said "yes, he/she is fine" or given your approval in some way, they then open up the documents, take out the certificate, and stamp it in front of you.

As a result, a lot of people's don't have the third hanko as many people get the doll shipped directly to their address, which means that of course they can't stamp it in front of you. I think also if the Doll Advisor is not working that day, the "Doll Assistants" (the rest of the staff) can't stamp the certificate in their place. And very few Sato dolls (if any!) have the stamp because almost nobody can get back to Sato to get their doll, so most people get it shipped directly to them.

7. Oh thank you! I didn't realise the older certificates were different. Although my first two FCS were ordered in 2002, their certificates are home in Australia so I can't check them, and I had forgotten what they looked like. >_< (Though I do clearly remember the 'eyelish' misspelling. *laugh*)

Here's what the certificates look like now:
      http://www.crysania.com/cassiel/r-cert1.jpg
      (sorry this is a photo, not a scan, so it's a bit blurry, but you can see where the serial number is. ^^ Also sorry, I blurred out his name 'cause I haven't announced it till he's ready. ;^^)

By the way, who did you order her through? I forgot to ask that at first but it'll help me a lot too. ^_^

8. *laugh* Yeah I have that problem with Mikael, too, his fell out. I think I know where it is, but since he, and the plate, and his certificate, are in another country... ^^;;;

Do you at least have Shikai's birth certificate around somewhere? ^_^

9. Doh! I completely forgot that FCS have a different numbering system, and was wondering why Mitchell, Sanada, and Yanagi (all ordered at Sato), had a different system from some of the FCS MSDs I see on Y!JA. XD I had the, obviously wrong, theory that Volks had run out of digits (since the FCS MSDs get something like "F.0806").

Good luck with the project, it sounds very interesting!

10. Oh the new certificate actually prints your name on it! and in Kanji too <3

Ive ordered Morgan through Rudi of R&D collectibles back then when they had accepted FCS orders ,I dont think they accept them anymore :/ LOL they were the only ones who accepted Western Union back then :)

I was a bit saddenned when I saw that my doll's birth certificate didnt have a serial number , since I was SO excited when I read that they can make them look like familly in your Journal ..Sigh XP

11. His headplate says 05.10 / FS (same as the example, how boring :<) and unfortunately I don't have his birth certificate..have a feeling it's still in my cousin's apartment :oops: he was ordered at the Shinjuku Sumika.

12. Gino is the only one of my FCS that has a birth certificate. The three red stamps on mine are the same as in your first post picture. I ordered Gino thru Domuya before they stopped doing FCS.

FCS MSD F-13 head plate 04,09/FS
      Serial No. FS-0060

I also have a MSD F-09 from SATO head plate F.1661
      and SATO MSD F-08 head plate F.1777.

Both were bought from Yahoo Japan.

What I was wondering if SATO number is 1661 version of MSD F-09?
      Or no. 1661 of all SATO FCS?

13. SATO FCS has headplate numbers like F.1661. F.1777.
      My other FCS (non Sato) has head plate with date 04,09/FS.

14. Kaine's headplate says: 05.06/FGI

The certificate's serial number says: FGI - 0152

Ahahaha...just realized they spelled by first name wrong. It's just missing one letter so it's not a big deal.

15. Not sure if this helps, both of them were bought on YJ so I don't have a certificate.
      Headplates are 04,10/FL and 04,10/FKS, both are F-28 mold.

(I've always wondered what those letters stood for since they seem to be different even if the head mold is the same. It's the location ordered at?)

16. ginarolo: Thanks! So the third stamp on the certificate you have is definitely exactly the same as mine? (Sorry to re-ask when that's what you said, just want to be absolutely sure.) Thanks, that helps a lot! ^_^

zalem: Thank you! Who did you order him through? And do you have a pic of the hanko stamps? (Or even just tell me the readings of the kanji of the third stamp. ^^) And yeah, I think they mix up English names a lot.. *laugh* They spelt Tzadkael's name wrong on my Omukae Ceremony form. ^_~

cherry rain: Thanks, that still helps! ^^ And yeah, I think it might be location but I'm not sure. I'm just trying to confirm.. from my own experience, every doll I've ordered at Shinjuku Sumika (about 4 so far) has "FS", and is stamped by Sekiguchi-san, the current manager of Shinjuku Sumika. But I've seen a form that has "FA" and a different stamp. So that started me thinking if maybe it was location based. So I'm just trying to see if enough people can come up with stamps to prove or disprove that, since for the most part, only one manager works at each Sumika. ^_^
      (But even without stamps, finding out all the letter codes helps too! Seems like most shopping services send out dolls with "FS", meaning they might all be ordering at Shinjuku.. so it's good to find out what the other letter codes are!)

17. My F-10 says:
      04.12/FS

I got her secondhand (evilbay), so I don't really know much about her. Is 4.12 April 12?

18. 04.12/FS is Year and month.... Dec. 2004

19. My f16 boy was ordered through Domuya 5 months ago, in june 2005,
      his headplate says: 05.06/FGI
      is serial number is: FGI-0151
      this is his Birth certificate ( the green scribble hides my real name)
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/albumstorage/FCSBIRTHCERT.jpg
      The certificate says "superdollfie full choice system 2004" but he was ordered in 2005! o_O
      In his box there was also this piece of paper:
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/albumstorage/FCSMIMI.jpg
      My reaction when I read MIMI superdollfie was...WTF??? :cry:
      But luckily in the box there was my f16 boy ^^;