1. Become a DoA Archivist!
    Volunteers Needed!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Mod team regrets to inform the community that Mirodoll is now banned from Den of Angels. Please view the following thread:
    Mirodoll Banned from DoA
    Dismiss Notice

Demon garden review

Mar 4, 2009

1. With the co-operation of an aquaintance i managed to get my hands on a pair of DG dolls.
      What follows is a collection of information from both of us and mad_hatter in one place.
      Will be updated as and when more information is gathered.

Details:
      Bought through ebay directly.
      The emailer from the ebay seller/lichao7541 was polite and concise and answered questions quickly.

Resin colour:
      Ordered; ns yellow
      received; ns yellow

Packaging and postage: ems postage with tracking approx 1 week from postage it arrived, with tracking number.
      Resin finished, seams removed etc?
      Smooth resin, head finished and sanded smooth; body, seams removed and sanded, could barely see that there had been seams.

Freebies?
      Hands spare pair, each
      Eyes, glass a pair each
      Wig, fur, one black one brown
      Soft fabric scarf.

First impressions:
      Lovely colour heavyweight box.
      Head separate from body to attach myself.
      Resin feels thin and very light on the heads
      Eye wells are minimal.
      Stringing is firm.
      Neck opening is plain and circular.
      Head size 8"

Resin details:
      To compare resin thickness and weight as I was curious, I measured the thickness of the resin in the
      DG head; 6mm on the head and 4mm on the head cap, it varied a little
      Luts Chiwoo 5mm on the head and 6.5mm on the headcap

Weight:
      Head
      DG 85g
      Luts130g, a staggering difference of 45g

Body
      DG 1311g
      Luts 1268g

A total without eyes:
      DG: 1396g
      Luts: 1398g

Face up details:
      Coated 2 light coats of msc as a base.
      Pastels going on evenly and smoothly

Resin colour comparison
      Left to right: Angell of dream, Demon Garden, Feeple fairyland
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Colour wise, aod is pink, dg is creamy, feeple is peachy.

All in all the quality of the resin is different but not any less in quality i would say, the head one is ceratinly thinner than what we have seen before on this size of head.

Personal Reccommendations:
      S hook instead of C hook which is difficult to use.
      Maybe a Luts style 'doughnut' ring on the inside of the head
      Deeper resin for the eye wells.

2. I personally like how shallow the eye wells are..Some how the eyes seem to sit better..

At first I didn't much like the feel of the resin as it's very smooth, but after a few coats of MSC for the face-ups it began growing on me..The pastels went on very smoothly and evenly..They were a pleasure to paint..

I agree with Maggot about the neck though, definitely needs an S hook..

Over all I'm very pleased..They're beautiful and good at posing..

Photos of them can be found on DA: http://madxxxhatter.deviantart.com/

3. Me, I got just a body (WS) for my DZ head direct from the ebay gal. Despite some awkward language issues I managed to get him ordered and he shipped out fairly speedily after that. I was pleasantly surprised, considering how long it takes most doll companies to ship after receiving an order.

I was given the tracking number, and tracked it daily, which turned out to be a very good thing because somewhere between Customs in Portland and arrival at the sorting center here in Eugene, all address paperwork managed to get torn off. Quite the scare. But the postal service located and released the box to me, and he's now home safely.

He came with a spare set of hands, which rather bewildered me, and the tightest stringing ever. When I took him apart to loosen the knots, I discovered that he doesn't have knots. His strings are sewn together. I loosened them as much as I could and resewed it, but I'm going to replace the elastic when I get the chance. Along with that stupid oval hook. Really now, we can't use S-hooks like the rest of the world? -_-

Still, he poses ever so much more nicely than my other two dolls, and stood just fine on the carpet right out of the box. Wrist joints could use a little more mobility, but that's a minor nitpick. And DG WS matches DZ WS rather nicely. Just a tiiiny shade yellower.

4. * What did you order?
      A 1/3 boy body in NS

* When did you order?
      17.03.2009 on ebay (company sells there too). I thought it was the safest way in case something went wrong, like seen in some threads here.

* How was the communication?
      Good, they made sure they got the color right and send me a tracking no. and shipping notice via Paypal

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy with Paypal

* How long did it take to ship?
      The body arrived on 01.04.2009 from China to Germany, so they shipped out real quick

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. The body was 195$, it turned out better than I expected.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes. The resin has a beautiful color and matches my Minimee head almost perfectly. The shape of the body is also beautiful in my eyes. The head moves very well on the neck. What I don´t like is the funny shaped S-hook (not an S, but oval) and the horrible squeaking of the body. But regarding the price I can live with that. It was rather loosely stringed, which is fine for me.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      nm

* Would you order from this company again?
      Yes, but probably not a complete doll after all the horror stories about their customer service.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

5. Quick update:
      Leekeworld Edgar is 1 shade difference from the Demon garden yellow normal, the head fits very well and has a good range of motion.

6. * What did you order?
      NS 1/3 boy body

* When did you order?
      February 14, 2009

Excellent - always a fast reply

Too Easy - Paypal

Item received March 10, 2009

YES! Excellent quality! Excellent muscular detail, silky smooth resin, excellent poseability! :aheartbea

Yes!

YES! Extremely

Here is where I must add my long story:
      I ordered this item and bragged happily to a friend on DoA who gave me a link to a thread of someone who ordered a complete doll and received a busted up piece. DG told the woman to take it up with EMS and refused to do anything about it. I gave DG the benefit of the doubt and hoped for the best.
      I later emailed them for a tracking number and they gave me one - which stated the item had been delivered in NY (I do not live in NY). I talked to them and they said I would have to contact EMS about it. Given the bad news I'd already received I was quite alarmed. I do not believe they handled this appropriately.
      Luckily the good person who signed for it gave it back to the post office and I received it anyway. But no, I was not impressed with DG's reply and lack of concern.

If I couldn't find a body second hand, yes, I probably would.

Definately, I'm hoping to find a WS.

7. * What did you order?
      Boy body in NS yellow

* When did you order?
      13/05/09

Great. They responded very quickly to emails and kept me posted on what was happening with my order.

Paypal via eBay, so woefully easy.

19/06/09. They emailed to say that their factory was closed towards the end of the four-week period so production would be delayed. This was the only disappointing part of the transaction as one would have hoped that, with forethought, they could have worked around the factory closure. However, they did keep me informed and were as good as their word with the new shippng date.

Excellent quality for the price. The resin is heavy; the seams had been sanded as has the rest of the body, I suspect, as it is smooth and shiney; the sculpting is perfectly satisfactory. But the posing is the best part. He stands like a rock, can keep his arms raised and can easily stand contraposto or in a variety of dancer's poses. Very nice.

Yes. No problems there.

Completely. It is a decent match to my Leeke Mihael head (just slightly less pink, but nothing that a tiny bit of blushing can't fix). The head also has a decent range of movement. The neck hole is quite wide and there is a slight overhang but, again, nothing that bothers me.

I did bitch mildly about the shipping delay and they were very apologetic. They couldn't do more than that at that stage, so fine.

Yes, if I needed another body for a hybrid.

Yes.

8. What did you order?
      DG body in Normal Skin.

When did you order?
      June 19, 2009

How was the communication?
      Excellent

How easy was it to pay?
      I ordered thru Ebay and used PayPal, so it was super easy.

How long did it take to ship?
      I had the doll in my hands 27 days after ordering. fast!

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, it is a very attractive and well made item.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Nicer actually.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very satisfied. This is the 2nd DG body I've bought.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Note--The DG Normal Skin is a perfect resin match for my Ricky Fahren head and a very good match for my Dragon Doll head.

9. What did you order?
      -Beau, P-Skin Normal
      -Sneakers
      -Sweater
      -Eyes

When did you order?

June 7th

How was the communication?

Great, Happyhouse4u replied to each of my (many) emails within a day. Their English was not very good, however.

How easy was it to pay?

Easy. No real problems.

How long did it take to ship?

Ordered June 7. Shipped 18 days later on June 25. Arrived 6 days later on July 1.
      About 24 days total.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

Overall, yes.

-Eyes
      Very pretty glass green eyes. I personally would prefer the pupils to be bigger.. Small pupils are freaky looking to me, and bigger pupils are actually scientifically proven to be cuter. The more you know, huh?

-Shoes
      So. Cute. Little black converse shoes. Can't find anything wrong with them. :aheartbea

-Sweater
      Very cute. The turtle neck is sort of big.

-Beau

Unfortunately, he came with three rather large scratches on his legs. Luckily, I had bought some sandpaper from Leekeworld, and sanded them down. I would have preferred a bit more detail in his hands (like palm creases), and definitely a more detailed belly button. Right not it looks like a bumpy dent. His body squeaked HORRIBLY! It drove me absolutely nuts. But that went away completely after a day of play. :] But overall, quite satisfied. His legs are absolutely BEAUTIFUUUUUL and the resin has a smooth, lovely feel. The box was pretty, but a little flimsy IMO.
      ---Other: I bought him to have a body for my LW Luke head, and an extra head (Beau) to practice face ups on. The resin match between Leekeworld Luke and Demon Garden P-Normal is very close. DG is a bit lighter. There is a visible texture difference as well, DG looks shinier and smoother than LW. LW neck hole is a bit bigger than the neck. You can see a gap of about 2mm on either side. But again, not noticable. However, the neck looks a bit too long to some people. All fixable of course.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yup.

Were you satisfied with the product?

Pretty much. A teensy bit dissapointed with the body, but I'm very VERY detail-oriented and picky. I love it more every day.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

n/a

Would you order from this company again?

HH4U: Yes
      DG: I'd probably buy the body for a hybrid. I don't like the heads much.
      ( Too bad they raised the price recently. )

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

HH4U & DG: Yes, as long as the previous owner took good care of it.

10. * What did you order?
      A Pair of boy bodies in NS Yellow

* When did you order?
      June 11th 2009

Up until I got the doll, pretty good.

Paypal, so, pretty easy~

They were shipped on June 5th 2009, arrived July 20ish 2009. (I was away, so I wasn't able to open the dolls till the 23rd.)

Yes~ It's wonderful resin. Heavy, but oh so smooth <3

Yup~

Absolutley~ <3 Perfect bodies for my MNM twins. The resin match is spot on and I couldn't be happier with the bodies.
      Also, because they thought it would take a long time (I didn't really care, since I was away for most of the summer) they sent me a free gift (A pair of sneakers.)
      They didn't package them very well, however, resulting in a large chip in one of my boys lower leg peices. It's much to large to simply "sand out" and since they were brand new out of the box, I (naturally) wanted to replace the leg.
      This is where the problem starts.

No, they haven't, and I'm not satisfied nor the least bit happy.
      After contacting them about the leg, the night I opened the box (I sent them pictures and detailed information) they said,
      I got that e-mail on July 24th 2009.
      And where is my leg piece.
      I've sent them numerous (like, 7 or something) e-mails since, and I've even contacted Happy House to see if they could either replace the leg or get in contact with Demon Garden.
      I'm extremely disappointed after such wonderful service.
      I've also noticed they don't have any more auctions on EBay and they aren't registered anymore.
      As far as I know, this hasn't happened to anyone before.
      Anyways, this is a word of caution to anyone who wants to get a Demon Garden doll,... Buy one 2nd hand or from Happy House.
      This is giving me such a headache.

Only through HappyHouse. I am never ordering straight from the person again.

Yes, I would~

11. * What did you order?
      1/3 boy

* When did you order?
      july 2009 on ebay

Good. for the first few weeks. Than they left me with my problem!

Paypal

quick but...wrong address!

Dont know. I havent seen boy. Still.

Not really....

It didnt(

No.

I gave them my name and my adress, than my pp number.
      They send boy not to the address i wrote, but to place of my bank.
      I wrote them, told about mistake.
      They didnt answer my letters quick.
      Then told me that they contacted to ems to change information...
      The end.
      My boy was delivered to another town. Many-many miles away from me.
      DG didnt answer any of my letters after that.

I know thant anyone can may a mistake...but they even didnt apologize!(((