1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Design the Certificate of Authenticity / CoA

Jul 17, 2020

1. How do you design your CoA?

I saw some ppl adding cute stickers on their CoA, writing the name of the doll in Calligraphy.
      I wrote down the name of the head sculpture on my CoA and I left the Owner's Name empty.
      What do you write down? And what do you think about designing the CoA with stickers? It was kinda weird for me haha.

2. I leave them as they are.
      I'll write the sculpt name on it if it wasn't already written on but nothing other than that.
      I have a couple of COAs that say not to alter them in any way on them.

3. I leave them as they are.
      But if I could have any chance to write something, maybe I will try my best to have a good calligraphy on these CoAs! :p

4. I don’t do anything to them, just in case I decide to sell the doll later. A clean clear CoA might be required by a buyer, and some companies will allow you to buy replacement parts but may require the CoA to look original.

5. I saw someone far more organized than me put their CoAs into a photo album along with a pic of the doll in question as a sort of quick-reference. I've tried to do the same, just because I like the idea of keeping a dolly-diary

6. I also leave CoAs as-is, I don't normally plan to resell dolls but it feels like a sacred document, kind of like a birth certificate that shouldn't be altered.

I would like to get into fancy organization/displays for CoAs at some point though, like framing them or using them as additional decoration for dioramas!

7. I second the statement that it feels like it shouldn't be altered. If I were going to do anything like that I would probably get a plastic sleeve to write on or put stickers on, so that the deco wouldn't go directly on the COA. It would be fun to put it in a sleeve or frame and then decorate that and hang it on the wall though.

8. Mine came with a name and date option, so I wrote in the name I gave the doll and the day I got the package from the post office. It's been a long time since I looked at it!

9. Most of my BJD didn't come with a CoA, because most are pretty ancient. I believe only two of them came with one, my DollZone Mo-Wen came with a plastic credit card type of CoA, and my Limhwa Limho Mano came with one as well but it's a simple paper one (I feel like maybe some of my SoulDolls might have as well, but my memory sucks now!). I would never attempt to customize them because I feel that would make the CoA invaluable to me; they hold value to me now because they are direct from the company/artist as the dolls were created for me. I have horrible handwriting anyway, I don't feel it would make it look nicer if I were to write my name on it -- and it's all in Korean, so I have no clue what it says to begin with. Stickers have glue on them that will yellow with age, so it would probably damage the paper overtime. I never planed on selling my dolls, but the CoA mean something to me as they came originally, they are not something I would want to alter in any way. If others feel like customizing or adding to their own CoA, that's their personal preference -- I don't shop for second hand dolls, but I would probably avoid ones with altered CoA, if I did.

10. All my CoAs are kept in the doll boxes as they were when they arrived with the dolls. I don't plan on selling my dolls any time soon, but I know CoAs are a very important part for me when buying, so I prefer to leave them exactly as they are.
      What @ziiii suggested may be a great idea if you are determined to do something with them though. Having them protected with a plastic case and then developing your creativity in there, but I am terrible at putting stuff together like in scrapbooking or so (it always ends up looking like a mess) and I don't even have that beautiful of a handwriting, so... nope xD

11. I leave them as-is and keep them all together in a folder. I have one drawer in my doll cabinet reserved for ‘paper things’ so they go in there.