1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you/Do you buy your dolls Christmas/Hanukkah presents?

Dec 23, 2011

1. I guess this could possibly also fall under "for yourself" since your dolls are yours...

I didn't see a thread on this yet but again mods feel free to do your namesake xD.

I personally bought (too many) Hanukkah gifts for my Jewish doll (even though they're not here yet >.<; .....)...and just general Winter Solstice presents for all of my other dolls... I don't think I'll "wrap them" since they already come "wrapped" per-say....plus they're dolls (though that sounds silly coming from the person who thinks it's logical to buy her dolls presents...)

I know my friend got one of my dolls an outfit but I don't know who it's for yet xD... I just am wondering what the rest of the community thinks!

Questions:

Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?

Or maybe just have stuff you bought that you're treating as holiday gifts for your dolls?

Did you buy holiday gifts for somebody else's doll (friend or secret Santa)?

Why or why not (to all)?

:aheartbeaSolstice Hearts (even though it was yesterday...):aheartbea

2. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?
      Yep, I do. I feel like it's a great excuse to buy things and do a photostory. The event of giving is made special for me as an owner. I'll celebrate their birthdays (dates received) and Christmas.

I will for only a few people I know, and for some Secret Santa swaps.

Why or why not (to all)?
      Since we already do so much for our dolls, such as clothes, food, furniture, etc, we might as well celebrate holidays with them and get them gifts! Basically an excuse to buy more things for them! That's all my reasoning is.

3. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?

Not for my dolls personally.

My boyfriend just bought his first BJD, so I did buy him some clothes and a wig for the doll. However, since she doesn't have a name yet, I just marked them as being for my boyfriend. I'd have marked the gift tag with the doll's name if she had one. So... I guess that sort of counts?

Why or why not (to all)?

To be honest, I just didn't think to. I guess I just had a lot of my mind this Christmas. I think it's a really cute idea, though. I think in the future I'll definitely buy a few gifts for my dolls and put them under the tree along with the other presents.

4. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?
      This year I did not buy gifts for my dolls I have in the past...well not that's not entirely true I bought my boy Aya a santa baby kinda outfit. But other than that I haven't really spent much money recently on dolls. Sometimes my friends who are into BJD's have treated my dolls to gifts actually Aya's head was a gift from one friend. The other is no longer my friend but has given my dolls gifts on top of gifts for us humans.

Or maybe just have stuff you bought that you're treating as holiday gifts for your dolls?
      That I would think about seriously considering buying myself a doll for my own christmaas present but still fearful of ordering from the company that is offering a discount on the doll I want. I have ordered from them once before. I keep hoping that others will buy gifts for the dolls rather than me...but I can't ask my mom (she thinks they are a waste of money).

I have in the past but not this year I gave her the rest of the money I owed her for a doll she was buying from me that i bought back because my mom was trying to make me give it up long story behind that. So I owed her some money so that was the gift though usually and they don't let me sew.
      Why or why not (to all)?

Well I think it just depends on money and who needs what and as for me I don't sew or craft much I write so unless I am willing to get gift cards or write a poem or something or I know that they want x,y or z then I usually don't.

5. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?
      Sure - I'm always buying them stuff anyway. I wrapped them & put them under the dollie tree. This because I did a major photo shoot for my little dolls' 1st Yule/Christmas LOL My big boys didn't get any specific holiday stuff but they are getting a New Year's party photo shoot....

Uh, that would be the same thing....

I'm doing 2 holiday swaps :D

Why or why not (to all)?
      Photo shoots, plus I buy for them all the time, gives a great excuse :D I also love Secret Santas - the more friends w/dolls I get the more likely I'll buy their dolls gifts !

6. Chaeri even has a stocking hung on the mantelpiece at my house, along with everybody else's.

I am so doll pwnd. o.o

7. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?
      No. I bought stuff for my dolls, but they're like... gifts for me, really. I didn't intentionally go about it with the thought that I should get gifts. *_*

Can't do that, either, because I didn't get something for everyone, so like, three wigs for the new kid would be unfair. ;)

Nope.

Why or why not (to all)?
      Barely organized enough to get the humans in my life gifts. Still haven't got the animals any gifts--but they won't notice. Neither will the dolls. Also--I have too many dolls to buy them all gifts. And I was too busy buying more dolls, I think... :|

8. Honestly, I THOUGHT about buying each of my dolls a present and wrapping it... I was even going to put them under our tree and do a photoshoot with it. I even almost bought them their own little Christmas tree.

But I opted out last minute. Things go crazy, and I was late on shopping for humans, nevermind the dolls. I might do something next year though.

Maybe I should figure out my dolls' religions too. I've never really thought about it for all of them. >W>;;

9. I buy them friends. Occasionally, I buy Christmas stuff that might be good for props later, but don't wrap them up.

10. Did you buy holiday gifts for your dolls?
      No, even though I had thought about it for a while.

Nope. I don't actually have that much doll stuff yet.

I wish I had friends who like BJDs, but I don't. I also haven't participated in swaps or anything, unfortunately.

Why or why not (to all)?
      I couldn't think of what to get and I don't really have my doll's style set in stone. Also I was under the impression that my sewing machine was not working, until a couple days ago. However, my mom and my sister (who normally is against my hobbies and interests) collaborated to make a pair of leggings and a shirt that fit her perfectly! So in the end she did get a Christmas gift, just not from me.

11. I bought my doll and my girlfriend's doll presents. I mostly did so cu...it's fun. n_n Wrapped 'em up and put 'em under a teeny weeny tree.

12. Eek, if I bought each of my dolls a specific Christmas gift I'd be broke before I even got around to shopping for my real family! Sure, three of them are out for face-ups right now and one could count that as a lovely gift for them but it wasn't intentionally done as a Christmas event, simply a coincidence in timing. Ironically, my Gramma did crochet me some lovely scarves specifically for my dolls for my Christmas present! I didn't ask for them, she just knew how much I love the one she made me last year and so surprised me with a few more :) So I suppose they did get a little something either way.

13. Well, I try to. This year, I'd say I did pretty nicely. Feya even got a new face-up. One of my friends even gave me a few gifts for my doll. While I enjoy spoiling my doll, I generally avoid spending huge amounts of holiday-allocated moolah on her ('tis the season to give gifts to people as well).
      And oh my gosh, Puds, I did the exact same thing!! Except with a Hanukkah tree-bush thing. (:

14. Does making them count? 8D;;; I made two gifts for two of my friend's dollies (one for each) and uhhh =_=;;; I consider the awful clothes I made for Yuli to be xmas pressy 8D;;;

15. I found this little camera keychain at the dollar store. It flashes with a 'camera' sound when you push the button and it's sized perfect for my MSD boy, so that's what he got for Christmas this year. I also made clothes for my sister's doll ^-^

16. I didn't buy them any presents, but I did decorate a mini Christmas tree for them. xD;

17. I bought my dolls a friend. They just aren't aware of him yet, since he's still in production land.

18. I didn't buy them anything (I bought a wig for one from Leekeworld, but that doesn't count) however I did make them Christmas dresses.

19. Sometimes. Sometimes, I don't and spend the money on DVDs and movie soundtracks. *gg*
      This year, I ordered more clothes for my Akando - he barely has any and there was that GREAT Count outfit on Iplehouse I just HAD to get for him.

20. Yes l bought Hazuki alot for x-mas and she got a pair obitsu hands set, kitty ears, Boobs and a Ikea doll bed. Then there is Rini all she got was her eyes and wig for now.