1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you get your boyfriend/husband into the hobby? How?

Jun 17, 2019

1. I know :lol: weird question!
      But I feel like my boyfriend is getting quite interested in the hobby. This weekend we weere checking the videos and pictures of Dollscar going on in Russia and he said “it’s amazing! If I went there I would end up getting a doll myself!”. I was like: :love

Did anybody have a boyfriend/ fiancé/ husband that wasn’t into the hobby but ended up getting into it? How was it?

2. I got my boyfriend into the hobby, it was really easy he saw that I was going to get my Resinsoul Ya and he was in love with her. I think he even loves her more than I do. XD Some months later he got his own bjd. I wasn't that long in the hobby myself so I was super happy to have someone to talk about the dolls in person. ^^ Now we collect dolls for almost 6 years together.

3. Wow ! Which doll did he get?

4. My husband was a very thoughtful man, spending time to research and search for a doll to buy me for our anniversary. When we married I sold my doll I had because we move every 3 years and I didn't want the stress of moving with them, I always figured I could come back to it later. Well, after searching for a doll for me, studying everything he could find about dolls in order to make sure he found a legit one, shortly after I received my doll he went on a doll buying frenzy. For a while, he had more dolls than I did. XD Although he's isn't so much someone who 'plays' with the dolls in the sense of posing them and taking photos, he does love artsy-craft things and often sews/sculpts/etc things for the dolls.

5. My boyfriend is creeped out by an awful lot of sculpts, lol! So it would be very difficult to find one that he would be willing to buy. However, he really helps me choose props for mine, like wigs, eyes, clothes... He has a very good eye for style and colors, better than me. Sometimes I go like crazy when I'm choosing something, like "oh I like this, oh I like this too", and then he says "look at it again and tell me you see your doll wearing that". And guess... he's always right!

6. Kind of but then not really. He tried, and he gets credit for that. I was going to sell a doll, and he asked if he could buy it. I just gave it to him. He created a character and everything for him, but in the end, lost interest pretty quickly and we ended up selling it after all. He found the hobby just wasn't for him, but he respects it and supports me enjoying the hobby. He goes to doll meets and conventions with me and helps me with displaying them. :)

7. Got my wife in to the hobby and she has three dolls of her own now. Didn't really have to get her into it, she was just around my dolls for so long she became interested in having her own.

8. I would LOVE to get my hubby into. He has several OCs that would translate great to doll form. Just not sure what angle to take to get him there.

9. My husband sorta is! He's not a part of the social aspect but currently has two dolls: Dollzone Heavy Rain and Scorpio. It's a little funny how he happened into the hobby. I would show him human dolls that I thought he might find neat but he never showed much interest (though he likes my dolls and finds them cute). However, we took a trip to Fabric/Friends and he was looking around and saw a promo picture of Scorpio. Apparently I was showing him all the wrong type of dolls. :P So I found a Scorpio for him and have since customized and gifted her to him. He doesn't do much with his dolls but is happy to have them chilling out on display and asks me to make things for them, which I'm happy to.

10. Lol, I wish! My husband absolutely HATES my dolls and everything about them. They freak him out, the idea of spending money on them scares him, everything. He did buy me a lovely tiny China hutch display cabinet for my birthday, but did admit it was supposed to be a way to limit my collection to only what would fit in it. I love him dearly, but basically ignore him about my dolls...

11. My husband is interested in the hobby when I got back into it in 2016. He wants to make a character but what holds him back is money and his other hobbies, mainly his other hobbies which are just as expensive as mine :lol:
      But if he was to get a bjd I would think it would have to be a 2D doll or something anime-ish. Not that I care but it would be nice to share one more hobby with him.

But I'm getting my brother into the hobby, so does that count? Just kidding. My brother is into fashion dolls and I'm trying to get him into this hobby instead. He spends the same amount of money on those dolls and I believe that bjds are way more customizable than a fashion dolls are hands down.

12. I know my husband will never get into the hobby but I think he's starting to get curious about me making clothing for them(?) Which I appreciate, so maybe he'll go to a meet up with me

13. He got a luts summer head on a kdf body ^^

14. Aww :huh?: my boyfriend likes my doll but at the same time he jokes a lot about her calling her Annabelle and saying she’s possessed by demons and will attack us at night.
      I hate that :|
      But at the same time he shows a lot of interest and even inclined to join the hobby.

15. I wish, lol, but no way for my husband! He is scared of my dolls and he thinks I am wasting my money, he even told me no more buying dolls till the end of the year (and it was still March!) :sweatBesides, every time he sees my boys he keeps saying its a girl! Actually, I ended up not talking to him about my dolls anymore :|

16. Not a husband but my Dad (sadly now passed on) I got him interested in doll collecting as my mum had a few not BJDs
      My Dad admired the BJDs but mainly bought other collectable dolls. He really enjoyed it and even went to car boot sales to buy clothes for them and made friends at doll fairs. I still have a few of mums and his dolls which I treasure

17. Haha. My boyfriend says the same about my dolls. And just shakes his head when I buy something new for her. When I got my newest doll, (unknown to him till later) he actually helped me pick her out. He does like to see me make things for them and loves the photos I take. But swears they are always following him with their eyes. He does gets a kick out of moving them around in different positions to see if I notice. He would never get into it. But he is supportive about my hobby.

18. My husband is a mechanic/tow truck driver so I'm not surprised he doesn't want to get into the hobby :XD: And wow that's rude of him, I'm sorry he does that :frownyblush: That's good that he shows interest though, even if he is being a butt about it sometimes

19. Hahaha! That’s so funny!

My boyfriend collects funko pops of walking dead, flash gordon and says that my doll is spooky? :lol: I’m like “dude, look at your shelf!”

20. :lol: