1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you hear Monique Trading is closing?

Mar 17, 2021

1. I just got an email from Monique Trading that they will be closing soon! It makes me a little sad because I bought a bunch of wigs from them. All my girl dolls own a wig or two each from them. They make such pretty wigs. I was wondering if anyone else buys Monique Gold wigs.

2. Two of my dolls are wearing Monique Gold wigs right now. They are made of lovely thin fibers but with really good coverage. It's sad that the company is closing their store.

3. Yeah I just discovered Monique Wigs and I was so disappointed to see they are closing.

4. Quite a lot of my BJDs wears Monique Gold Wigs. I looked at their website recently and they are selling the rest of their stock. There aren't many wigs left. They are among the best wigs I've ever encountered.

5. I have not even heard about it (I have not been in this hobby for years) so it doesn't affect me in any way. But it is always sad when some company that makes something well, closes down.

6. They were the first wigs I actually liked; most other synthetic fiber wigs I purchased throughout the years had fibers that I didn't really felt looked in proportion to most of my dolls, or had weird textures. I had stopped purchasing wigs a long time ago, but Monique wigs will always have a special place in my doll world. It's sad, but I wish the owners the best moving forward.

7. Its been known that they’re closing down for few months. I love their wigs and its my main go to for wigs for nearly all of my dolls. When I heard about them going out of business, I bought several wigs I knew I will need for my future dolls and a back up one for my main girl (her current wig is starting to get a bit ratty). Best get them while they last!

8. I heard about it several months ago and bought a ton of wigs. I read about it in a group because they had nothing on their homepage, and just a short line in the check out at the bottom that would be easily missed. Be aware though that a lot of people who have ordered more recently are getting items in the wrong size, and that seem to have been sitting around for ages, so not in the best shape :(
      I did get several wigs that were messed up, but I ordered a few months ago when I first heard about it, so most of the wigs I got were just fine.

9. Monique is my main go-to for wigs, so I’m pretty sad about it. Most of my dolls wear Monique wigs. I bought a bunch when I found out and now I’m holding onto all the ones I have. I really like CanCan and ForMyDoll wigs too, but they just don’t have as many natural colors or the style diversity of Monique. :(

10. A lot of my dolls wear Monique wigs, and I'll be sad to have them go. I just ordered 3 more through Facets Boutique.

11. Most of my crew are in Monique wigs... They've been my go-to for ages. To say I'm going to miss them is an understatement.

I'm going to be forced to be very protective of the preservation of my gang's wigs now, because if anything happens to them I won't be able to replace them. :sweat

12. Yes I've heard it and it’s so sad.. I'm considering to order some wigs before they are closed..

13. To be honest, I always found their wigs annoyingly fussy, especially when it comes to fly-aways. Don't get me wrong; they look great when they're at their best, it's just that getting them there is... a thing.

Still, for those of you that adored them, you have my sympathy. I know I've certainly lost my share of beloved doll crafters over the years. :( We probably all have, really.

14. Does anyone know exactly when they'll stop taking orders? I've been so sad about this since it first came up :( I was assuming they'd stay open until stock is gone but now I am concerned. I've been debating a few wigs and I might miss out if I wait any longer. They were the first brand i really loved! Such a shame.

15. I received an email several weeks ago, and I was so sad to hear of their closing. Makes me wonder what will happen to satellite stores like Facets Boutique, who depend on Monique products for a major part of their sales. I guess there's going to be some significant collateral damage. :(

16. I've been buying up my favourite colours/styles/sizes from anywhere with remaining Monique stock since before Christmas. They're now largely sold-out in most of the places I shop and don't have much left at Monique themselves.

It's sad but, from what I heard, the Chinese places that made the materials went out of business, so the places that made the wigs couldn't get the materials so went out of business, so Monique decided to close up business, which has led to some of the Monique wig and shoes stockists closing up too. I've been buying Monique wigs for dolls since before BJD's came onto the market to it's like the end of an era for me.

Teddy

17. A have a monique gold wig and it's my absolute favourite. So I'm sad about this too. I totally would have bought more! I'm not currently using the wig on anyone as I never ended up buying the doll it was meant for. I'll be sure to take extra special care of it now, if it's the only one I'll ever get!

18. Serious?! They were kind to cancel my duplicated order. (was my mistake)

<--- my girl wears Monique wig. Where else could I find suitable wigs for Raccoon Doll?

19. Yeah, I have known for a while now. I loved their wigs and outfits. They were the supplier for the Jpopdoll wigs too, I think, so we may loose them as well.

20. Monique wigs make up the majority of the ones in my stash, and I can't think of other companies that make Black natural hair type wigs. More motivation to step up my wig making game.