1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you play with dolls as a child?

Mar 3, 2012

1. I had dolls as a little girl and I did play with them, however I played with them mostly with GI joe's with my older brother. I don't think that my owning of dolls had anything to do with my enjoyment of BJDs now. I do as a matter of fact still have quite a few well worn barbies and the like in storage right now, getting into Bjds did encourage me to go and take a look at them again. Boy howdy were they ever ugly in comparison.

2. Dolls have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I had buckets of barbies I thoroughly destroyed when I was young, and then moved on to Bratz when I was a little older. I also had American Girls, Polly Pockets, Madame Alexander dolls, especially the mini McDonald toy ones, and I even went through a paper doll phase with a doll family I made out of napkins and construction paper. My last doll obsession before BJDs was with Pullip dolls, which introduced me to the doll photography community.

3. I totally played with dolls as a child, barbies, american girl doll, live dolls, etc with my best friend until we were 12... which was only 3 years ago! :XD: So when I found out about BJDs I loved the story, customization and art side of them!

4. Barbies alllllllll day. I kind of regret selling my entire collection, mostly because I could have reused the clothes. C'est la vie.

I always wanted an American Girl doll, but never got one. Girl Scout camp every summer was more fun.

5. I had little to no interest in dolls, give me a dinosaur any day and I would have been happy to play in the mud lol. Sure I had a few barbies and cabbage patch kids but they were rarely played with compared to anything else. Preferred all the boys toys since they're more fun.

6. I had Barbies and all kinds of fashion dolls as a kid . I had tons of clothes and accessories and spent a lot of my childhood dressing them up, styling their hair and making up stories about them.

7. I played with dolls in my younger days but not as much. I was more outside than inside kinda tomboy girl. Now since I'm older I'm not outside as much and I don't like getting dirty lol.

8. I was obsessed with soft toys and especially horses,I had so many horse related things.But dolls?I don't think I was very interested.

9. I played with barbies and american girl dolls

10. I had dolls but afaik didn't use them at all