1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Different Brand or Single Brand BJD Collector?

Mar 31, 2021

1. I only have a few so far, with a few more on order. But they are spread amongst 3 companies. I guess my collection is going to end up being a mix, I will just be going by sculpt, I'm not too concerned with them being cohesive but I can understand that appeal. Same for me with sizes, I have a mix.

2. I'm a multi brand collecter but I love DollChateau and Dollzone and though I'm in the process of getting my first DC unless I can get my seccond grail head I will be getting another DC doll next. After that though I will be focusing on other doll brands.

3. I'm not against having a lot of dolls from the same company, but I definitely prefer having a good bit of contrast between my dolls. In general, I love having different body types so I tend to check and compare measurements of perspective dolls to ones I already have. So even companies that are similar to ones I already have don't interest me as much.
      That's actually part of the reason that I really prefer following a lot of independent artists. I think all the dolls on my immediate want to buy list are all by artist like Rugged Realism, Mori 9, and MaddyBearDolls
      I say all this but I'm still a total Fairyland fan and will 100% be interested in any fantasy sculpt they release. And I know my partner adores Aimerai and their mao series, so I have no doubt that those two companies will end up dominating my collection.

4. I buy completely based on how much I like the sculpt or if a doll has great fantasy parts I love, so I mix it around with different companies!

5. I collect according to what I like the look of, so there are all sorts of brands in my resin gang - although some companies I return to again and again (multiples of the same sculpt as well as other sculpts) if I particularly like thir style/aesthetic:
      [​IMG]

EDITED TO ADD: In this picture (which shows just under a third of the BJDs I have) working from left-to-right RML/Volks hybrid, Elfdoll, Luts, 2xRML/Volks hybrids, Volks/AiL hybrid, Ninodoll/Volks hybrid, Kaye Wiggs/Volks Hybrid, AiL/Volks hybrid, DollsTown 7Year, Volks, MerryDollRound/Luts bybrid, 2 more RML/Volks hybrids.

I have a lot of Volks SD bodies because there are so few companies that do child bodies in that size, so many of my dolls are hybrids of other company heads on Volks bodies (and one is a Volks head on an AiL body)

Teddy

#25 Teddy, Mar 31, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    6. I have a mix. I love body diversity way too much to have just one company. I do have a few dolls from the same companies, but they’re all on different bodies.

7. I like variety and sticking to one company gets a little too same-y for my taste.

8. I've got 3 dolls from five different company...(boys are IOS-Universe Doll and Ring Doll -Dream Valley hybrid, and the Girl is a ull doll from Doll Chateau. I like variety.

9. My collection includes a mix of companies and sizes and includes both resin and vinyl. I just get whatever appeals to me without really thinking if they fit in with the others...

10. I have one main artist that I collect the most from because she has a larger selection of models. I have a second and third but there are just a few I like from them and have a very small collection from them.

11. I picked mine by sculpt, but they all just happened to be (essentially) the same brand. I have an old CP Delf and the rest are Fairyland. I didn’t really intend to end up that way, just happened. If I get any more dolls, I’m definitely open to other brands or aesthetics. My dolls don’t really interact with each other so it doesn’t matter too much to me if they match or not.

12. I like a variety of sculpts and sizes, so I collect from different companies! I go by the doll itself and whether I love it or not, rather than just deciding based on the company.

13. I like too many different sculpts and bodies to ever commit to owning just one brand! I think people who can commit like that are awesome, because I have no idea how they resist the sweet resin temptation.

14. So far I only have one brand, but I'm looking at the gorgeous SD male sculpts and I'm really feeling like I'll need one all my favs :XD:

15. There are too many pretty and handsome dolls for me to only buy from a single company! :sweat It might feel a bit too restrictive and I'd rather not set certain limits that would prevent me from enjoying the hobby to the maximum. I am definitely loyal to a few companies that I really like, but I am always keeping an eye on new doll releases because I don't want to miss out on the ones that just grab my attention. I also like putting together hybrid dolls (meaning even more companies!) since there are a lot of great body sculpts as well.

16. At first I just wanted to stick with Dollfie Dreams, but over the past 3 years I’ve decided I’m going to collect from a many companies, there’s gonna be a lotta hybrids coming up no doubt. Planning research and purchase from smaller businesses, I always wanna support the personal shops!

17. I don't intend to fixate on a particular company, but I only really like the female sculpts of a particular artist (Maskcatdoll).

It's more varied for guys.

18. My first pair were both from the same company... But #3 was something completely different, so I've pretty much always had a variety.

That said, the majority of my crew are still either from Volks or are older CP/Delfs.

19. I only have 2 dolls, but they are from different brands (Dolls Leaves and Myou respectively). I think I'll actually get my next doll from another company too, especially since it's hard to always get what I want from a single company. Also, being new to the hobby I don't want to get sucked into a brand loyalty when I still have so much to explore!

20. I'm a character sheller so I'm always looking for sculpts from different companies. I definitely have my favourite companies, but all the sculpts I currently have are from entirely separate companies haha. Even if I include sculpts I'm waiting on, I've only got two that are from the same company. Just ended up like that hahah

Not only that, but I tend to fall for sculpts that have next to no owner pics... such is my luck :lol: