1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM/Doll in Mind Feedback (ALL)

Jul 22, 2008

1. * What did you order?
      Kakashi Hatake Minimee GO

* When did you order?
      8/3/2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Direct.

* How was the communication?
      Excellent, answered with in a day.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal, simple.

* How long did it take to ship?

2 months and 2 weeks.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, definately.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?

Yes.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      -

* Would you order from this company again?

Yes.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

2. * What did you order?
      A minimee of Megumi Oishi, a Japanese model.
      * When did you order?
      The end of March.
      From the company.
      Okay.

Quite easy.
      A month longer than their site said it would.
      No. The resin quality has gone downhill since the first batch of minimees, the head is way too big for any female body I've seen, and the finished product, for some reason, looked almost nothing like the preview pictures. She looks like a man now.
      No.
      No, not at all. In fact, I sat staring at it disappointedly for at least an hour. I was upset first, then angry.
      They told me to "please check the photos again" and offered nothing beyond that.
      No. I have ordered from them several times in the past, and from my first minimee to this one which will SURELY be my last, the quality has gotten worse.. and worse.. and worse. I understand that it's in high demand now, but if they stop putting out a quality product, it's going to lose business anyhow. I feel like they just feel like they've found their cash cow and are trying to produce as quickly and as cheaply as possible now.
      No, on the sole fact that I don't appreciate them anymore.

3. * What did you order?
      A Minimee SD sized Eric Northman/Alexander Skarsgård head

* When did you order?
      August 2009. Received in early November.

Company, but it was a group order.

Very good.

Very easy.

About 3 months from order confirmation to when the GO leader received the order.

I believe so. His resin is a bit rough in his ears, but it's not noticeable unless you're inches away. It's nice to see the handmade features though. Reminds me that he was made especially for us.

Well, there wasn't really a sales picture, but he turned out exactly how we wanted him.

Completely. ♥

Yes definitely. They are wonderful, and I would love to own some of the non-Minimee dolls.

Yes.

4. What did you order?
      Sephiroth minimee NS, led by OmniCat

When did you order?
      late august 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      group order direct to the company

How was the communication?
      N/A

How easy was it to pay?
      paid to GO leader

How long did it take to ship?
      the item arrived early december

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      In all honesty, no. For the price I could easily buy a flawless head from another established company.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      yes...when one isn't looking close enough to study the detail

Were you satisfied with the product?
      No. The resin has rough spots, there are noticeable scratch indention around the corner of the left side of his mouth. He has a millimeter size 'mole' on the side of his nose.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      They didn't. We were blind-sided by the company, basing our believe in their quality on an already established reputation. I can only hope that addressing the issue will eventually lead them to wake up and get their act together.

Would you order from this company again?
      Probably not unless I see a drastic change along with sparkling reviews

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Only heads from the pre April 2009 rule...if I could find any that I really want.

5. COMPANY NAME
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?

6. * What did you order?
      NS MNM body.

* When did you order?
      Back around early December 2009, about

I paid and was done with, no communication. But after the transaction I had to contact the company, and Denny was a pretty immediate replier to the QA and emails.

Simple process with paypal.

They were a little busy. About three weeks.

I am very satisfied with the quality and mostly the service of DIM, for the price I paid.

Yup, pretty spot-on.

When I first received the body, there were splotches of white all over it. It looked like it was marbled with veins of white. I was not happy with that one.

I contacted Denny with the problem. He was awfully apologetic and sent out a brand new body, free of charge, and I did not have to return the old one. I was thrilled.

Most definitely. DIM has proven themselves to have upstanding service and a good quality.

I would prefer to buy from the company directly, but I have no issues buying second-hand as well.

7. * What did you order?
      Julian head blank , Danbi head blank , Angelo head blank
      * When did you order?
      3 February 2010
      excellent , very kind , fast & helped me a lot as
      production of those heads were to be stopped really soon!
      very easy , paypal
      shipped at 16 - 2 - 2010 and were here some days after
      it surely was!!
      yes it was !
      I am truly satisfied!
      -
      Yes I will !!
      If I couldn't find them new & they where in a good condition yes

8. * What did you order? Minimee Service
      * When did you order? Our GO order was placed on 2/2/2010
      * How was the communication? Good. I did message Denny a couple of times for checking status
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. Paypal I believe
      * How long did it take to ship? 2 Months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A We did not have preview pictures since our order was modified order from a previous Hide-MNM Go
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

9. Doll in Mind Feedback

* What did you order?

Galahad (complete)

* When did you order?
      21/04/2010

I asked a couple of questions on the website on Galahad's page before I bought him and Denny was quick to reply. After I ordered him there wasn't much reason for communication but I was sent an email when he was shipped.

Easy through paypal

A little over a month

I think so... He's got a beautiful body

The face up was not exactly like the photo. The colour is not as dramatic as what is on the website photos. I was a bit disappointed about that but I still think he looks awesome...

Yes, except for the seams that show and only because I'm new to BJDs and I'm too scared to sand him (heck, I'm too scared to unstring him so as to sand him!!!)

N/A

I am thinking of getting him a vampire girlfriend :) I just don't think my bank account would be able to handle it at the moment though.

If I couldn't get them from the company, maybe

10. * What did you order? Minimee Service
      * When did you order? March 22, 2010
      * How was the communication? Great. Emails we're promptly answered 1 working day after.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy through PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? 1 month from approval of preview pics.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. The item was as specified in the preview pics.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

11. * What did you order? Minimee Service

* When did you order? January 31, 2010

* How was the communication? That depends on the definition. Did Denny answer emails? Yes. Did it make any difference? No.

* How easy was it to pay? Easy, through PayPal

* How long did it take to ship? About six weeks after final approval

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? NO, NO, NO.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? If I went into Photoshop, lightened the head-on preview picture and tilted it at a different angle, maybe. I was too much of a noob to know that was necessary. On the other hand, I shouldn't have had to!

* Were you satisfied with the product? No. I didn't mind that the ears were different, or that the third eye (yes, a third eyehole on the forehead) was weird and uneven, because I knew that a wig would cover the first and that I could mod the second. What I DID mind was that the regular eyes were different sizes. Noticeably different sizes. This did not show in the preview pics...but it sure as shoot shows in person. The doll head looks like a drunken pirate. A very expensive drunken pirate.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They didn't even try. Denny was very nice, and sorry that I was disappointed. But, he told me that that I should have said something about it after I saw the preview pics, instead of after I saw the doll - i.e., the fault was mine. Those would be the preview pics which did not show the problem, but apparently I was supposed to divine it just by breathing in their aura. :x

And as a side note, the warning on the site says: "there can be little flaws on head like tiny spot or something. I am sure this kinds of things can be covered with make up and a wig." It does not say: "Oh by the way, your doll's eyes may be a completely different size from each other...but if you don't catch that on the poor quality preview pics, we won't do anything about it." Seriously.

* Would you order from this company again? No.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I doubt it, based solely on the fact that the whole experience makes me feel depressed whenever I think about it. I was SO excited about this doll. Now I just feel like throwing it in the trash. :(

12. * What did you order? DIM minimee service, plus makeup on one head

* When did you order? April 7, 2010

* How was the communication? Denny answered all of my emails and was very polite ^^

* How easy was it to pay? Very easy, through Paypal

* How long did it take to ship? He arrived on June 30, 2010

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? On the heads themselves, very much so, he looks just like the person I modeled him after!

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Very much so, yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes and no. While the heads themselves are fantastic, the makeup I ordered was... less than great. The eyebrows were much darker than I requested, and the lips makeup was bleeding into the corners. We wiped it as soon as he got home and re-did it, and it looks much better now. Overall, though, a great quality product besides that one detail.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A, did not bring up the makeup to Denny and fixed it myself

* Would you order from this company again? Yes, but not the makeup

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I would prefer to order from the company directly, but otherwise it all depends on the item in question

13. Feeback for DIM-MimiMee Custom event

* What did you order?Two custom MiniMee head-DIM Custom event- personal order Jake Gyllenhaal.
      * When did you order? On 23 of June
      * How was the communication? None with DIM i've comunicate thru dealer, the comunication of the dealer was good.
      * How easy was it to pay? Quite easy via paypal, no issue
      * How long did it take to ship? A very hudge time about 3 of September to 11 of November-i'm counting just casting process that usually din't take longer the 3 week at least.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not at all, the heads comes dusty and dirty from DIM, the resins of the heads is smooth like silk at touch, instead headcapes are casted actually in rough resins, so IMO its been casted previosly then heads, also both headcape don't suit perfectly, the gap on front is quite visible, about 3mm.
      I've payed for the face-up 55usd the face-up comes totally different then the refernce pics i've send to Denny, the gamma color was darker and heavy, not moles.
      The dealer to opologies for the delay and the wrong face-up offer me one for free from her own artsit-All the way Down artist- aslo payed on her own the duty fee-as i'm located in Italy we pay custom fee almost on everything-, she've been very kind and professional, and i reccomed her, se was amazing in helping me to handle the long wait
      DIM Face-up:
      [​IMG]
      My Moke-up:
      [​IMG]
      Actually Just eyebowse looks like my refernce pic.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? it looks exactly like the pics of the pre-sculpt nothing wrong with it, but i've got to send the head to modfication just cause DIM artist resized pics without keeping the aspect ratio, that make me loose 3 weeks, that is the time that modifications takes to be done one heads.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? absolutely not, the quality isn't worth 400usd, the eyesocket are smaller then i've asked, 15mm actually then the 16mm size i've asked few times.
      The wait don't worth as i've ordered the heads since 23 o June, the pre-sculpt heads pics didn't come untill 8 of August, heads need to be modified and then definitive pre-sculpt head was send to me of 3 of September, the same day i gave my ok to casting process.My heads was receved just yesterday 12 of November, in between several group order-started/payed after then my order- here on DoA, was casted and delivery far away before mine, seams thet DIM step back and forward some orders wthout keeping stick with the schedule of payment, preferible the personal orders were pushed back.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? they didn't solveproblem, i'm handling to keeps the heads as comes, i'm not happy btw, the circumfernce of the heads are 23,40Cm, so there's no wig size that may suit perfectly for Jake Gyllenhaal heads.
      * Would you order from this company again?Not at all, nor a personal order at least, i'm not willing to spend another 455usd and waited months to have something defective.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? No.

14. DIM-MiniMee custom event
      * What did you order?I ran a personal order for the MiniMee event in May for two Daniel Craig heads (Oh Daniel Graig :aheartbea) + one face up
      * When did you order? In May 17
      * How was the communication? Don't know as i went thru dealer,the communication from dealer was great.
      * How easy was it to pay?The easier way:paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? The shipping was fast,but i had to await at least 4 months for the head to be casted,so my order ran from 17 of May till 30 September,day when i had finally in my hands both Daniel Craig heads.
      I was also disappointed in the awating time,was HUGE for the casting,almost 8 weeks,56 days,and 21 days for the face up,it's not the awaiting time itself that upsetting me most but the fact that several GO's,placed AFTER mine,had priority onto mine,same story for the face up awaiting time.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?Imo the quality has nothing wrong,but several flaws can be fixed:
      -the head cape don't sit properly onto the head scalp and leave a small gap on the back of the head,a wig would cover this flaw but i'm not happy to discover that two pricey heads had such defects
      -also the eye sockets are quite irregular in an odd size and uneven,actually are 15mm,that it's a problem in choosing the correct size of the eyes as this means that 14mm eyes would fits larger and 16mm would runs bigger,
      -also the magnets are..uhm.. coarse..seems like the were cuttet into two pieces,
      -also the circumference of my head is about 24cm..HUGE...
      -also the ears are one forward and one back...:|
      -also one of the heads came with deglued magnets,
      definitely,basically,for $200usd for each head you would expect something near perfection.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?Considerably yes.But i have to pointed out that i asked for some correction,that's delayed the cast of 3 weeks,this corrections were necessary as my piccies were resize without keeping the aspect ratio.I would saved 3 weeks if only DIM would resized correctly,keeping i mean the aspect ratio, my pictures.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? If the flaws already mentioned were not present i would be more than completely satisfied with the heads.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?I was aware of these defects only when i had both heads in my hands,so nothing could be done to fix it.
      * Would you order from this company again?I will have to thinking about it seriously.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?Nope.

15. Doll in Mind Feedback

* What did you order?
      Happy size Luria w/immature body no face-up, DiM Love Bellosse head no face-up, clothes

* When did you order?
      Nov. 2010

Very quick and professional.

Very easy, with Paypal.

about 4 weeks, without a face-up

Yes

Yes

Yes

n/a

Sure!

Definitely!

16. * What did you order?
      DIM Ace (Got a Marianne free head, too)

* When did you order?
      Around End of November or Early December 2010 (I forgot)

GREAT!

Easy

Actually it was done in a month but I left for another town for a while. So, the shipping got postponed for a while but they are very on time in my opinion.

Yes. I love my Dim Ace. I love the plate system. There's a bit resin dirt on his eyes but my friend who will face him up has cleaned it.
      EDIT: My friend just found the fact that it's not only easy to clean dirt. The surface is still a bit rough, too AND he's assymetrically made.
      I wish I wasn't in rush to send him to my friend and check him out more detail.

I've never seen the blank Ace but yes, it's similar.
      EDIT: from the front, yes, it's similar.

Yes --> NO, that I knew he's hard to get face-up, I don't feel I'm satisfied now.

I just sent them a message. Let's see how they fix it.
      Updates:
      1. Denny aggreed to recheck my sculpt again. Thankie, dear. Yet, he also reminds me that if ALL Ace sculpt are like that, he can't do anything but to resend my head :(. Yet, if the other Ace sculpt aren't like mine, he'll send a new one. I highly appreciate his/her great business intention. I give him/her the highest point for that. I'll, then, take any risk of buying Ace and accept what will happen.
      2. Denny said that all Aces are like mine. So, I can't do anything.
      3. I then paid for face up the same as default face-up. Denny said that the face up artist was now different from one who did the job for official pic. I said ok. I thought the different will be very slight but seems like the whole face-up is waaay different (color, style). It's still ok for me but it's not as good as I expect in term of quality. (Well, at least, though the colors and style are different, I expected the quality of blushing and so on are still equal to the previous artist).
      50USD for this quality of face-up is, honestly, too expensive. The quality isn't as expected (not the style nor color).
      Anyway, in the end, I just want to get my Ace done so I can start playing with him. So, I take him as it is.
      * This is for information only as each owner has their own preference and standard about ACE face-up quality. Just a warning in case anyone expect the same style and/or quality as one depicted in official pics...*
      4. In the end, overall, I'm still satisfied with DIM customer service. Very patient, informative, and care about their customer.

Yes, I want their DIM Honey. I hope they'll release it the sold out again someday.
      --> Highly consider about this and I think, it will be better to buy a blank doll.

NOPE. Unless, the seller is recommended by a friend.

17. * What did you order? Arno head.
      * When did you order? march.
      * How was the communication? excellent.
      * How easy was it to pay? paypal, so very.
      * How long did it take to ship? about 3 weeks after ordering.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? i think so, he is simply adorable! :3
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? hard to say, as i bought him blank. but i'd say so.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? NP

18. * What did you order?
      DIM Larina Head

* When did you order?
      16/August/12

Very good, I received an order confirmation, payment received and item shipped emails. And a personal email by Denny himself telling me that my package has been shipped!

Easy using Paypal, though I had to figure out where to pay!

It shipped on 16/August. (just 10 days after ordering!)
      Got him on 25/August.

Extremely happy with the overall wait time! This is the fastest doll(head) I have gotten from a company yet!
      This is what I call great customer service!

Very acceptable! Their website pictures don't do their sculpts justice at all!
      My Larina is just exceptionally beautiful!

Looks even better in real life!

Totally!

N/A.

I would love to! It was a very pleasant experience!

Yep, if I like the items!

19. * What did you order?
      Jullis head and boy Happy 2.0 unassembled body

* When did you order?

I ordered on 2012-09-22 (04:23) but I paid on September 25th.

After payment, it took an unnerving week or so for my payment to be confirmed. The shipping notice let me know the tracking number, so I was able to follow when my order would be delivered.

Easy with paypal, though having to send payment instead of having a cart system is weird.

I recieved the shipping notice November 1st, so 37 days from payment date.

No it wasn't! The peanut joints do not fit the sockets. I will have to sand the peanut joints to fit. I expected a "version 2.0" body to have improved engineering over the first version and I was disappointed to find that the pieces don't fit together. It was my understanding that I paid for an unassembled/unstrung body, not a garage kit. The head is fine though. It has a very interesting faceplate system. The magnets are a little weak, but the face will stay on as long as you don't touch it.

In summary, the heads are fine but I would not buy a DIM body unless it was a very low price to justify the work that would need to be put into it.

The head looks exactly like the sales photos - not including faceup, since I got it blank. I couldn't completely string the body, so I can't perfectly compare it. Aside from the fact that the joints do not meet/fit, the shape of the pieces looks like the picture...

I am unsatisfied with the body, but I paid for it and I'm stuck with it, so I will just put in the elbow grease and modify the pieces.

I don't think ill-fitting pieces will be something they can fix if the body was sculpted that way, so I did not reach out to the company.

20. * What did you order? Lyell Head with default face up and Love male body 2.0 unassembled package
      * When did you order? 20/9/2012
      * How was the communication? Perfect, couldn't ask for better service.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy as anything, I just chose the paypal option and then sent the payment to the account listed. It was confirmed that same day not all that long after payment went through.
      * How long did it take to ship? 5 weeks and 4 days before he was dispatched. Only 3 actual days to arrive from posting. (Arrival 31st Oct 2012)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh yes! The quality is perfect and well worth what he cost.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutely. He's just as perfect as the pictures showed.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Immensely satisfied. I really couldn't be happier with him or with DIM in general.
      * Would you order from this company again? If my plans for the finishing of my doll family change or there is a doll I simply cannot live without that is being sold by DIM absolutely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Definitely! I am one incredibly satisfied customer with the company and it's products and would be more than willing to buy a product of theirs second hand.