1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DiM/Doll in Mind Feedback (ALL)

Jul 22, 2008

1. * What did you order? Happy Doll Gayane (head + face-up on assembled 2.0 body)
      * When did you order? October 2012.
      * How was the communication? Excellent. I didn't receive order confirmation at first (it must have gone to spam) so I emailed DIM and they got back to me super quickly. They also emailed me directly to let me know when the doll had been shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very, there was a paypal checkout.
      * How long did it take to ship? About 5 weeks.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very! The doll is great quality, the face up is beautiful, and she's strung with just the right tension imo.
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely. Their customer service is brilliant.

2. I hate to do this, but I feel that this should be a known issue.. It's heartbreaking to have to write this as Denny has been nothing but kind to me in the past, but I feel this "transaction" I've had.. needs to go public.

* What did you order?
      On February 27th of 2013 We (my boyfriend and I) placed the order for the full Elif in time for the dim event (Buy a head+body get a free head at random of the same size, so a LOVE head)

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      We went through DDE (Denver Doll Emporium) for the payment plan of 4 months.

* How was the communication?

This is where everything went south. So my order was confirmed by DIM, which means they have the ability to fulfil it right? WRONG. I get notified(about 2 weeks AFTER the confirmation) that they wont have a body, and its suggested I cancel my order and order once the new body is done. Okaaayyy.. when will the new body be done? I needed the doll before august (which is why we ordered in FEB) to which DIM replied that they could have the new body done in 2 months.. so we agreed to keep my order, and they'll just ship out my elif once everything is completed. I was TOTALLY ok with waiting an extra 2 months. No problem. (by this time elif was marked SOLD OUT). I found this very concerning and wanted to confirm with DIM that I still had an Elif and they said Yes!

Well today I get notified through DDE, NOT DIM, this (direct copy paste from the email)

I just received another email from DIM and they do not think they will get the new body sculpted for Elif until AFTER August.... They have canceled the order that we placed.

excuse me? they CANCELLED MY ORDER!? are you KIDDING ME. I find that VERY VERY VERRRYYY unprofessional. they cancelled my order without notifying me what so ever, let alone asking me what I wanted to do. Im not at ALL ok with this as Elif was a gift from my boyfriend to me during the extended periods were not able to see each other (he's a drummer for a fairly popular band and will be touring quite a lot so this was extremely important to me..)

so now, im waiting to hear back from DDE if DIM will just send me the Elif head AND the event head.. ill just buy a temporary body secondhand from the marketplace here.

I just feel like I was cheated. WHY would they confirm the order if they couldn't complete it. I would have rather been told from the start that they couldn't do my order not weeks later. especially not to have DIM CANCEL MY ORDER.

so all in all, the xxx things i found unacceptable were

1: accepting an order they couldn't finish
      2: saying they would have it done in time
      3: canceling my order without my permission due to the fact that they wont have it done in the amount of time they said they would.

I dont want to be rude or anything towards dim. I truly love their sculpts i have a harlech already and adore him with all my heart. I just don't see this as being professional, and that companies need to learn to respect their buyers to earn respect as a company.

Awaiting an email from either DDE or DIM to find out if they can just send me the Elif head AND my event head.. as i still plan to buy the new body once its out.. ill just.. use a temporary one from the secondhand market until then..

EDIT:

DiM got back to us, and said they'd throw in a free wig or eyes. They wont give me the event head.

All i have to say, is i wont be buying from DiM again.

/a very heartbroken DIM buyer.. :(

3. * What did you order? bjd head with company faceup
      * When did you order? Nov 2013
      * How was the communication? GREAT
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes
      * How long did it take to ship? came right away after faceup
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No ,packed well
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      * Would you order from this company again? YES

this is my 5th DIM product,I am very happy with the realistic sculpts and the quality of the resin and design
      DIM makes very beautiful and unique dolls ,I cherish my DIM dolls
      Thank You to the artists at DIM :)

4. * What did you order? Happy Doll head (no faceup)
      * When did you order? Feb 2, 2014
      * How was the communication? Very good
      * How easy was it to pay? It was easy
      * How long did it take to ship? About 10 days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes

5. * What did you order? Bellosse head and unassembled Love girl body
      * When did you order? August 12th 2016
      * How was the communication? Excellent via Q&A Board
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 3 weeks, 3 days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes!

#45 Saba, Sep 5, 2016
      Last edited: Mar 2, 2017