1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DIM Tom Hiddleston Discussion Thread

Feb 15, 2013

1. Thanks, Stella! I'm excited to introduce him to you all. ^_^

The Nendoroids are so cute... Now Lox has two little Tonys to attend him! XD I've loved seeing your photos, and everyone else's - All of the Lokis! (And those lingerie shoots, my my. :P)

2. I love seeing Lox with his tiny Tonys Stella. He is going to get a collection of his own.
      Have you founs an artist yet Nyara? I just got back my Tony Stark head from Angeltoast an as usual she has done a wonderful job. I would highly recommend her.
      Well Tony is now in one piece sow of course he had to be checked out by Loki and Thor. His hair is not really styled yet but I am so happy to have the three together.

[​IMG]

3. Wow, Kavarr, your Tony looks awesome! I didn't have many feelings for the blank head but he's looking VERY good. Is his light on in this picture?

And now Loki has 2 men to fawn over him!

4. Kavarr, I'm on the waiting list for an artist in Sydney. ^_^ He isn't actually here yet, though... I hope he arrives soon!

Also, would one of you lovely people be able to give me an exact head measurement for him? I'm trying to commission his wig and it'll be a hard cap...

5. No I had turned it off by then Stella. This is the link to the RDJ thread and you can see it lit up. I'm really happy how he turned out. You are right too the dynamic has changed now that there is another guy for Loki to play with ;) Not to sure how Thor is going to feel about this though.
      I have never measured for a hard cap Nyara but I can give it a go tomorrow. His head is fairly large as is typical with minimees. What particular measurements will you need?

6. The seller just said she needed "measurements of the head". It may not be a hard cap, she said they're "not very forgiving" So it's probably just a stiff cap or a pelt. So the measurement around the hairline is probably the main thing?

7. Nyara, as a person who makes stuff to measure myself I can tell you that more measurements are better than less; there is no such thing as too much info here. If you want to be sure you are getting her the measurements she needs, just ask her to specifically tell you what to measure and, if necessary, how to measure it. Photos with measurements and arrows etc are wonderful.

I've lost track of which Tom head you own, but if I were commissioning a wig in a technique that is know not to be 'very forgiving' I'd seriously consider sending the wig artist the head. I'd do it 100% for sure if I had a second head as back up. (I am a bit of a back-up nut, I'll admit ;) )

8. ikke777, I haven't actually received my head myself yet - I only paid him off at the end of June. But I'd be reluctant to send him off overseas to get his wig fitted when I'm already planning to send him elsewhere for his faceup... I also don't have the means to replace him if he goes astray, which is why I'm only sending him interstate for faceup. I'll ask what measurements she needs, though...

9. Nyara, I completely understand.

10. Gone a bit quiet here lately. Do you have your boys head yet Nyara?
      I have been a bit lazy but today I started trying to make a front armor piece for Loki using a bit of worbla. Not to sure how it will look with his coat on but will have to wait till the paint dries.
      What has everyone else been up to? I need Loki spam!

11. I have nothing new right now. I have ordered a new custom made wig for Lox because I'm tired of battling the fly aways. This will take some time but I'm looking forward to it!

Nyara, the people making Lox' wig asked me to take some measurements with the help of a template they sent me, maybe you can use this?

[​IMG]

(this is the version I filled out.)

I'm very curious to see your armour, Kavarr.

12. Kavarr - Yes, I have him. ^_^ Still trying to arrange his wig before I send him away for face-up, though - perils of matching facial hair!

Stella - that's a great help, thanks!

13. Congrats on getting your boys head Nyara! Have you decided who you will send him to for his face up?

This is my first attempt at the chest plate. It does not fit quite right (a bit short on one side) so I will have to make another one but otherwise i'm happy with how the thing looks :)

[​IMG]

14. I've got a spot reserved with OceanSoul. ^_^ And that's looking great!

15. Went to a doll market today and although most stuff was for the girls I just had to get these slippers and headband for you know who :)

[​IMG]

16. He looks quite comfortable! ^_^

17. Oh man! Those slippers are great. Very reminiscent of the slippers Loki wear in the Dark World. I think it was the Thai artist Reammm who portrayed Loki at the time with corgi slippers ;p

I like the Worble armour. How do you fasten it?

And you have inspired me. There was a prop that I haven't used yet:

[​IMG]

What could you possibly be reading that's more interesting than us?

18. I had him with me at the bjd market yesterday all dressed up in his armor and I couldn't help getting those slippers Stella. I have seen a few pics with him in fluffy slippers and it was just to tempting. I tried them on him with his armor on and it looked so ridiculous I couldn't stop laughing.
      I made the chest piece with enough to bend over his shoulders. While it was still hot I put it on him and bent the pieces over his shoulders then when it cooled it stayed in that shape. His coat covers the bits that go over to his back.

He may look comfortable but he will probably kill me for that picture Nyara.

What could be more appropriate than romantic Shakespeare? I wonder who he is going to try some of those lines on? Maybe he is reading aloud and has the tiny Tonys captivated with his beautiful voice ;)

19. It seems Thor is the possessive/jealous type ;)

[​IMG]

20. That's hilarious, Kavarr!

I made a silhouette photo for the 30 day BJD challenge I'm doing on Tumblr (I started 2 years ago ><) but I just really like how it turned out!

[​IMG]

The question was: do you have a favourite BJD? Well, who else? He demands to be the favourite!