1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DIM Tom Hiddleston Discussion Thread

Feb 15, 2013

1. That photo is wonderful Stella. He has such a beautiful silhouette and it could be Tom standing there. I agree about the favorite thing too. I swear if I show much attention to any of the others he appears to have a grumpy/sulking air about him. He really does demand attention. I pick him up everyday and have to confess he watches tv with me in the evenings. Even Tony (my partner that is, not Stark) says you better go get Loki when we are going to watch a show! Funny how you can get so attached to a doll.

2. Ok could not resist doing a really stupid manip of Loki with the motion portrait app. It is so bad but I can't stop laughing over it so I figured I would put it on here.

View My Video

3. Oh wow, Kavarr, that's kinda freakish. It looks pretty convincing. How much time did that cost?

Lox has his new wig from Amadiz. It works very well and the hair line is awesome but I really expected more quality from them considering their price point. It's pretty stiff with glue and just not very lush, if that makes sense. It's good but not great. They were very communicative and helpful but it's hard to judge a photo, especially when they of course try to make it look as flattering as possible. So, I don't regret it but next time I'm going to try someone else.

[​IMG]

4. Finding a wig that looks combed back like that is so rare. It's a pity it is not as good as you hoped for but from where i'm sitting it looks great in the photo.
      That motion pic thing only takes a few minutes. I did some of my other guys but silent. When you make any noise it makes the mouth open and it does look weird but it was to funny not to do.

5. The wig photographs pretty good and the look is perfect. It's just that it was pretty expensive for the quality. I am very happy with it anyway!

Here is my holiday picture:

[​IMG]

6. Hey guys! So, I recently had this doll commissioned by an artist named Susan Hook, of "My Immortals". I asked her to sort of pay tribute to Loki's more mythological roots with the design of the clothes, which are all hand sewn and made. The head is also hand sculpted with polymer clay, and the doll is 1/4 scale. It's a completely unique piece, and all told it cost be about $1700 when it was done. I was actually thinking of selling him recently, since I'm a little bit in need of cash. But I thought I'd share him with you guys. He's really beautiful. Pictures really don't do him justice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Oh wow! I actually saw him on Tumblr but couldn't find out anything about him there. So he's one of a kind. He is beautiful!

8. Yeah, he's one of a kind. And thank you for your compliment!

9. Love the holiday pic Stella. The cape could double as the one from the deleted scene of Loki's coronation too.
      wbss21 your doll looks amazing. His sculpting and clothing are beautifully done. It is a pity you have to sell him after all the hard work. I hope you find you don't have to part with him.

10. Yeah, I don't particularly want to sell him. Pictures don't really capture just how beautiful he is. Unfortunately, I might have to. People on ebay don't seem to realize what he's worth though, so I'm having a hell of a hard time getting any kind of decent price for him. People don't seem to want to bid up past a hundred dollars, when I paid almost 2000 for him. So I'm not sure what to do, as I'm in a bit of a need for cash at the moment. I would take a thousand, but no one on ebay seems willing, unfortunately. I suppose I should just keep him.

#550 wbss21, Jan 3, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    11. Anyway, here's some more shots of him without the cape, and also next to Hot Toys Loki for comparison purposes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Maybe after people get over the Xmas spending you will have more luck wbss21.

I went to the bottle shop today to look for more miniatures and I found some Absinth which just had to go to Loki. Also got some Chivas for Tony.

[​IMG]

#552 Kavarr, Jan 3, 2016
    13. Absinthe is the perfect drink for Loki! He and Tony look great together. And I really need a Black Sabbath t-shirt for Lox, it's so iconic. I've also seen some really neat fan art of Loki in a MIT hoodie, I thought that was also a great item of clothing for the frostiron ship ;p

So there's my next project: t-shirt and hoodie for Lox. Which mostly means buying a black t-shirt and a maroon hoodie and some decent transfer paper. I already have a good picture of the Black Sabbath design.

Poor Lox is the only one of my dolls with a collection of printed t-shirts ;p

#553 Stella, Jan 3, 2016
    14. wbss21, take him to Etsy, folks there do appreciate a well made guy like him.

Kavarr, they do look great together! But be careful, having a roaring drunk genius billionaire playboy philanthropist AND a tricky Norse demi-god, might be more than one doll owner can handle! ;)

15. Hey, thanks for the advice! I just listed it up on there, so hopefully someone will come along who wants and appreciates the guy! Here's the link if anyone's interested: 1/4 Loki OOAK Doll, Figure, Statue Tom Hiddleston Custom

16. For the first time in MONTHS I've made a photo that makes me feel like I'm progressing as a photographer. And it's one of Lox:

[​IMG]

17. Nice photo using the shadow and light Stella. I like how well his eyes have caught the light too.

18. Lox' eyes are truly amazing. If there is even the tiniest amount of light, they will catch it. Kudos to Ersa Flora!
      Last week I got a new Loki figurine and I LOVE it:

[​IMG]

19. Lokitty! He looks so cute. Not so sure Lox is impressed with you putting cat ears on him though. Those eyes really do pick up the light well. I hate it when the darker eyes just end up like a dark blob and you can't see their color at all.

20. Aw, you guys cheer me up. Its always so fun seeing all the pictures of everyone's dolls - despite most of them being the same mold, they all have different personalities. The OOAK 1/4 is a pretty cool guy too, very unique.
      I was all set to do a sequel to the surprisingly well-received Loki's army photostory, but came down with some gross flu thing so... Put Loki in my bed because I was feeling lonely, but Thor started looking so despondent (Loki didn't care lol) that I brought him under the covers too to cuddle his brother. The result? What I can only call annoyed contentment.
      [​IMG]