1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Discontinued Soom Super Gem Basics

May 12, 2010

1. Similar to the news that parts of the Mecha Angel line were being discontinued, Soom posted today that the Super Gem basics Dia, Spinel, Lupin and Lazule will follow in this trend to make way for new sculpts.

Here's the message:
      Dear customer,
      We sincerely apologize for that we gave you disappointed and inconvenience against our will.

Currently, most of CW Super gems were discontinued and those discontinued dolls will not be re-released any more.
      We deeply apologize about that. And also some of remained dolls which are still on sale will be discontinued without any notification, too. We are very sorry about your disappointed and please expect our new basic super gems which will be newly released soon. We have been studied for the Super gem dolls since releasing Super gems and we have always been discussed and planned to release the new dolls. We cannot inform you the exact date of new dolls releasing, however, please keep looking forward to our new our products.

Please kindly understand of our decision which we hardly made with consideration of our internal situations and other reasons. We, SOOM always respect customer’s opinions and we have been tried to do our best to provide best quality dolls and better service for rewarding customer’s love.
      Please keep giving your opinions and any advices to us continually.
      Once again, we are very sorry to have caused you so much anxiety.

Thank you so much♡
      SOOM

The fate of current Super Gems:
      DIA: Normal- [Continue] Cream White- [Discontinued]
      SPINEL: Normal- [Continue] Cream White- [follow a schedule]
      LUPIN: Normal- [follow a schedule] Cream White- [follow a schedule]
      LAZULE: Normal- [follow a schedule] Cream White- [Discontinued]

So if you're interested in any of these guys, now might be a good time to snatch them up before they're gone. I asked Soom what "follow a schedule" precisely means, and will update once I have a response.

2. "Follow a schedule" means that those dolls will be released for a while longer, until they're discontinued, like the others.

3. Does "Continue" mean the doll are not part of the "Discontinued" Super Gem dolls?

4. I would assume so, yes. ^_^

5. Please help!! I don't know where else to post this, but it has to do with the discontinuation of the super gems...

I messaged Soom on the Q&A board to make sure that Spinel in normal skin will still be around in Jan of 2011 (which is when I hope to be able to afford to order him). Their response was frightening (and a bit confusing):

Can this be true?? I thought that Spinel in normal skin was supposed to continue! Or I guess maybe this means the continuation is temporary? But if that is so, then why don't they just put 'follow a schedule' on the chart for Spinel normal skin too?

I can NOT afford Spinel right now (I lost my job recently due to budget cuts), but I will be truly devastated if I miss out on him! :...( He is my dream doll and the very first doll I ever fell in love with! I meant to order him before, but got Soomed by Yrie. Can anyone clarify? Maybe I should email them again... HELP! :(

6. Sounds pretty clear to me. Looks like they are going to discontinue their basic Super Gems some time around 2011.

7. Kelaria: The ones listed as following a schedule are being phased out immediately, similar to the Mecha Gems (most of the ones listed as following a schedule on the discontinue notice two weeks ago are already sold out). I guess Spinel will continue for another 6 months or so before being discontinued as well, so you do have time.

I had Soom work with me to ensure a 6-month layaway for my Lazule so I could pay him off slowly since, like you, I didn't want to miss out on a doll I've always wanted but didn't have the full price from the start. Maybe this is, or will be in the future, an option for you as well.