1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion for Coco Tribe Ruby - Refined bunny!

Apr 26, 2009

1. WU Ruby's my favorite of their sculpts :3 Jerry's pretty cute, in all his cranky glory. I don't know if it was something Coco Tribe came up with or Kon Doll but KD describes him as a knowledgeable doctor :O

Hey...I wonder if anyone's ever bought him and painted him happier? Milo's pretty happy looking, but someone managed to make him look like a guy you wouldnt want to turn your back on, with the right paint.

Yah, CT seriously needs to get that update out. If they are doing any kind of promotion, you wouldn't want to order BEFORE they anounce it and miss out on it.

Oh! And I asked a mod about the on/off topic state of the CT Amber dolls. They said that, with the new rules, only the closed eyed molds would be off-topic. Everybody but Micah, Peter and Christine are fine now. Maybe will see more of them posted?

2. Guys! The new site is up! They removed the discontinued dolls, added a few new clothing items and the freebie you get for ordering the dolls is a beanbag chair like they showed on their Flickr pictures! <3

3. I think the rep has stopped posting updates here so...CT has their Summer Event on, guys! Buy a Pearl or Amber doll and they send you these little bird swimming ring and a pair of swim fins.
      http://www.cocotribe.com/news/summer-event-launched

They have also posted a warning that somebody is recasting some of their dolls now and to be warry of dealers not on the official list. I have come across sites that use the photos of the anthro dolls but don't identify the dolls as being made by Coco Tribe. I wonder if those might be the recasters they are talking about.

4. Hello bunny peeps!
      Hope it's alright to post this here since I don't own any Coco Tribe bunnies myself - but I do own their sweet cow Cesar from the same size/body option and I'm in an embarassing predicament regarding stringing... :lol:
      I got him half a year ago and sadly had to store him in pieces, ready for blushing, the whole time. And only some time ago I took it upon myself to string him back together and display him with the rest of my crew.

Now I do feel mighty stupid, but how exactly does the stringing for Coco Tribe tails work? :?

I thought it was quite clever when I unstrung him back then, though sadly I forgot about it in the time he was unstrung but assumed the little string needs to be pulled through the small diagonal hole in the torso piece. I tried it that way but the string was way too long and the tail hung loosely.
      I don't think the string "wore down" during the time the doll was unstrung...and getting the it through that tiny hole was a pain in the butt in itself, so I suppose this is wrong and there must be a right way.
      Looping the string through the main strings of the legs also didn't work as intended so I'm out of ideas for now...

I've mailed Coco Tribe several days ago but got no reply (yet?), so if anyone could sneek a peak at their bunny or knows how it's done I'd appreciate the advice! :D
      Of course I could always shorten the string or make a tactical knot somewhere so it'll work, but I'd rather know how it was originally done!

5. Hey Collie! <3 Did a picture to try and illustrate how the tail works:

[​IMG]
      Restringing Coco Tribe Tails by L0N, on Flickr

"I don't actually know what the inside of the doll looks like 100%. I'm just going by what I can see through the holes.
      The body has a wall that starts at the groin and goes up to about the chest. Down by the groin, there is a little hole and a big hole in the wall, then one leading out of the body.

Unless I made a mistake when I recorded destringing the doll, you:
      1. Start with the knot outside the smaller hole, on the doll's left side.
      2. It goes through to the right, then up and over the wall.
      3. It gets pulled through the big hole on the left side, to the right.
      4. It is now on the right side and you pull out out the tail hole and attach the tail."

6. Oh wow, Lon - thank you so much for taking your time writing the description and drawing the easy to understand picture! :D
      I might not be the only person forgetful enough to struggle with the stringing, so I'm sure it's mighty helpful to some other proud Coco Tribe owners out there!

Anyway - I feel like a giant doofus now for not considering looping the string around the top but my Cesar is finally all strung again thanks to you! Thanks a lot! :dance

7. Hey guys, is there a waiting room for Cocotribe right now?

I ordered on Nov 12 and was quoted a 45 day production period. That time came and went and CT didn't respond to any of my emails/Facebook messages/Flicker mail that I sent them asking for an update. On Jan 7 they wrote on their website that they were only just getting to September orders at that point. They hoped that Oct-Dec orders would be shipped out before Chinese New Year. CNY is now this week (Feb 19) and no update. Again they haven't responded to any of my messages. Does anyone have any scoop?

8. Hi all,

CocoTribe has (finally) updated their Facebook page:

Cocotribe reached out to me on March 23rd via Facebook Message saying that "[my] order will be ready for shipping within this week. Thank you for your waiting." No shipping notice or tracking number yet though. I had placed my order on November 12.

9. You're welcome, Collie! <3

Hmm. I really like CT and it would be nice if they became better known but delays and issues like this make me wonder if they could HANDLE an increase in buyers. If they are already having issues...

10. I'm having the same trouble. I wonder whats going on.

11. Did you receive your dolls koukles and eburlamb? It would be nice to know if it's safe to order from Coco Tribe again but since there hasn't been any updates on their official site for months it's hard to know what's going on... I really like their anthros and the resin colours!

12. The official fb has updated with a Christmas cover photo. No new info yet, though.

:c Coco...please get things on track with your company. You make such beautiful dolls.

13. Agreed! Let's hope they sort things out! My Ruby wants a buddy so bad! :(

14. Waiting is so hard. Especially for Ruby. Every day I am more worried.

15. Hmm any news on the coco tribe dolls that were ordered? Did you guys eventually receive them? I wanted to order from the company but... now I'm not so sure.

16. I just got a reply on the Doll I ordered. They say they are preparing to ship.

17. The Company told me that my doll is shipping today. Cocotribe sure is slow.
      This has been the longest wait for a doll I have ever had.

18. Oh man, @seffy_chan I wonder have you got your bunny yet? I've been interested in getting a Cocotribe Ruby myself, but with reading this discussion and seeing the waiting times overlap what they said it would be, I'm kind of wary now.

19. She did come. On the 27th of January. The order was received by them on June 6th. 36 weeks I think?
      If you think you can wait that long... She came with a certificate with an actual wax seal.

20. Oh crikey that is long. Really my biggest worry is that I may move addresses by the time the order is shipped, I know I could always notify them but it's just extra hassle. It's weird, apparently Cocotribe used to be better at keeping to their set times, I wonder what happened?