1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion for Coco Tribe Ruby - Refined bunny!

Apr 26, 2009

1. @Polkavata have you ever tried ordering from CT yet? :ablink: I would very much like to try and order from them as well, and have sent them emails - none of which have received replies - so I'm kind of wary...

2. @merrymelody I wonder if it would be worth a shot to send an email to one of their dealers? Not responding to emails isn't a good sign, which is a shame because I really did like their bunnies. :(

3. @Choctopi ahh shoot... It seems like the others on this thread didn't really ever have their emails replied to, but got their dolls - eventually... But I would feel so much safer if I did receive one back, you know? But yes -- I'll try contacting the dealers, thank you!

4. @merrymelody I'm afraid I haven't, it's a combo of having a lot on at the moment, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be much signs of life from the website. (The last news update was the New Years event of 2015) But the news that no one is replying to the emails is also a worrying sign.

@Choctopi Thank you for the tip to try the dealers, even on ebay their registered ebay dealer says how many are left, maybe we should get in touch with them?

5. @Polkavata thank you for the update! I think it's a little weird that they just sort of dropped off the face of the earth - if they were going to stop selling/taking orders, wouldn't they at least think to update everyone on that..?

I think the registered vendors/resellers would be our best bet at this point... Hoping they'll eventually have the doll I want :pout:

6. Oh yeah, another update!

I contacted the registered Ebay seller for Cocotribe to see what was up, and they sent me an email back:

Hello, dear,

Thank you very much.

Cocotribe company production time is very slow lately. If you place order, you need to prepare a long waiting time. Specific time depends on company final notice.

But they are at work and yes , you will get your order eventually. Just need a lot of patience on waiting -)

Thanks.
      Mskokokok

So that's something to know. They are still in production but it is pretty slow, I wonder if it's due to the number of staff they have?

7. @Polkavata awesome, thank you!! :D That's good news, even if the wait will be long, lol. I appreciate you keeping us updated!

8. Oh yay! The dealer thing worked! I'm glad to see that they're quietly still hanging around. :>

9. Ah! I didn't even notice this thread had new posts. Good to see someone has had contact with them this year.

"Coco Tribe workshop is a Ball-joint Dolls workshop started in 2006. We start our workshop due to our passion and love to dolls. " -Site

Dude! Where are the Ten Year Anniversary festivities?? Gift, sale, contest, new product, whatever!

10. Oh my gosh yeah, that is a good point @Lon this is the perfect opportunity for them. Tho I'd like even some movement on their website because last I checked it was still talking about new years 2015.

11. Are there any Coco Tribe lovers still around? :(
      Their website disappeared completely and they still won't reply to their regular service e-mail. They seem to be in business though, since they have recently released new dolls and are also quite active on their Taobao webshop!

I've actually gotten in touch with them today via Taobao's messaging system, asking for photos of their super cute sheep doll Miemie without the wig. I wonder what the horns and ears look like... those company photos are really lacking!
      Sadly they couldn't deliver, and I actually failed to ask them if they would reconsider being more "international" again. :sigh

12. Yeah I noticed their website gone too. :(
      I have my Ruby in mint skin and I still adore him so very much and would love to own more Coco Tribe dolls, especially the cat Momo. Do you know if it's possible to order Coco Tribe dolls via Legend Doll, @Collie?

That sheep IS cute! :D Who would have thought that a sheep doll could be that adorable, hehe! The face-up is very nicely done too.

13. It's super sad, really!
      I still have my Coco Tribe Cesar (although he still needs a proper cow blushing!) and am actually thinking of blindly buying the sheep someday, hoping that the horns, ears, hooves and tail (?) look as cute as Cesar's. :eek:

But I'm certain Legend Doll still sells Coco Tribe dolls @suruni , they're their dealer after all! If you know how to use Taobao via a shopping service you can also order through there, it's Coco Tribe's official store so no recast suspicion there! And it's a tad cheaper to boot! :lol:
      If I jump the gun on the sheep I would definitely go through there. But might take a few months until I actually do it, if any!

14. Well at least there's hope that some day I will be able to get Momo and maybe another bunny from Coco Tribe. This warms my heart. ^_^

Thanks so much for the info, @Collie!
      If you end up ordering the sheep some day, please let us know how the ordering process went and how long did it take you to get your doll.

15. Oh wow, their website is down? I'm not surprised due to their inactivity but its still a shame, I wonder what is happening behind the scenes? It is nice to see some new sculpts from them, hopefully they will be able to be more active again in the future.

16. Hey guys! So i just got a hold of a second hand Coco tribe Ruby in white resin from a bjd seller that shut down her dealer shop. So its new but still 3 years old :P Anyway, im superhappy! But like all the previous messages ive read, its a bit of a challenge finding clothes, at least for the 17 cm body? And on DoA it says the feet is 5,5 cm?! That sounds very big??
      Any help to find a any good clothes and shoes would be appreciated for my 17 cm boy :) Will do the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland :)

17. Congrats on your Ruby @Elfvan88 !
      I love everything Alice in Wonderland and would love to have a white bjd rabbit at some point!

My Ruby is on the 21cm body so I can't help you with the clothes... I usually sew all my doll clothes myself but I do remember that Ken shirts fit to my Ruby, if that helps! xD Maybe you could try Barbie size shirts? My Ruby also has a very big and round behind so that always gives some issues when finding clothes... Hah! His feet are about 3cm. My bunny doesn't wear shoes since I love to see his feet so I can't help much about the shoes either...

Please post your Ruby when he's done! ^^

18. Thank you so much @suruni :) Haha yes, i think i have figured out that the 17 body is a bit smaller than a realfee, and those can usually use blythe. Hehe im not so good at sewing that small yet, i will try, but i dont want him to be all naked until im good enough ;) And i think i will try buying small shoes around 2,5-3 cm :) i think he will be without shoes, but its always nice to have them if you feel like it. I sure will post as soon as i get it :D

19. [​IMG]A happy New Year? by suruni, on Flickr

Me and my bunny boy Sirius wanted to wish everyone a great start for the new year!
      We would love to see other Rubys too (and any other Coco tribe, really).

20. I've just started looking at Coco Tribe's dolls. They're all absolutely beautiful and I'd love to own some of their other ones in the future. I have a Ruby and 2 Milos and they're all absolutely adorable. I love how expressive my Ruby is. Such a lovely face sculpt :aheartbea

I'd love to get her a few more outfits, figure out how to use my camera, and take some nice photos of her. She seriously needs more love.