1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Display or play

May 31, 2019

?
  1. only display them all

14 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. play with them all

123 vote(s)
    53.5%
  3. 50/50 some for play some for display only

93 vote(s)
    40.4%
    1. I am a minimalist at heart, to the point that my sister in law shakes her head at me. For my lifestyle, there is very little that I would keep for the sake of display, much less spend so much on just to display them. I love my dolls to be near me, posing them, dressing them, taking them out for photos, etc. Everyone should enjoy their dolls in their own way... mine is just to maul them :XD:

2. I only buy dolls that I feel I would be comfortable playing around with. All my dolls also get put on display, well mostly. I don't have enough room to display them all at the same time so they usually take turns being out of their box.

I feel like I do have a few dolls that I hardly play with or display because I know they'd be hard or very costly to replace if anything happened to them. I really need to get over that fear because this way they don't bring me any pleasure either.

I actually feel like I'm being drawn more to tinies lately for said reason. They're (usually) less costly than a 1/3th doll and are far easier to display and drag around.

I'm not really interested in character dolls because having something around just for display never appealed to me. Either it has a secondary function or it gets thrown out.

3. When I say display they’re just inside my dollhouse or at the bottom
      Of my bed all lined up sitting on top of my folded comforter lol!
      They’re “displayed” whenever is the last place I played with them , when I say play they just do a dolly dress up

4. There's no room for shelf queens in my collection. Every doll on my shelf is one I'm comfortable handling and "playing" with, whether it's the $100 ones or the $800 one. I've only owned one doll I felt was too expensive and fragile to handle, and I did not enjoy having her in my collection at all, so she was sold years ago. Interestingly, she was actually both larger and less expensive than my current highest-price doll ($790 for a 65cm vs $830 for a mini), but I don't feel anywhere near the same intimidation handling the mini I have now.