1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Customhouse Ai St Mina ver 1 and St Mina ver 2 have different sculpts?

Jun 2, 2005

1. The unpainted heads shown on the Custom House site look the same. But they look so different painted/wigged/eyed/and dressed. Ver 2 is most definately smiling, and Ver 1 looks...well, NOT smiling. Is this the case?

2. yes theybare def different.. tho the smiling version 2 comes with a unpainted unsmiling head like the painted version 1...

:daisy

3. They are different. Ver 2 also appears the eyes are a little more open too. Mine is ver 1, but I did a lot of sanding on her and painted her face. Here's St. Mina, ver 1. I really like them both.

[​IMG]

4. I have a St. Mina too, which brings up the Q. (please no offence intended)

I can understand buying a reg.ed. doll and doing a customization, but why would you buy a very limited ed. doll that may increase in value, and technically "ruin" her by altering the original faceup etc ???(which by the way, is really good for factory makeup)

5. If you never plan on selling the doll, it's not going to increase in value, because you're not going to sell it. so it dosen't matter how limited the doll is, all that matters is that the doll's owner loves her. (and st. mina wasn't super limited anyway, there seemed to be enough that anyone who really wanted one got one.)

~Erin

6. Hiya

we have a mina version 2 and comes with the second head unpainted.. well she belongs to my daughter really, and tho she sealed and kept the original faceup on the 1st head the unpainted head (same as this customised beauty) we have customised and put makeup on and given her a lighter more say modern look, so this may be the 2nd unpainted head... and have to say I think she looks lovely... and cristylee has done a lovely job on this faceup.

and agree with eptrauma these lovely dolls whover you buy whether mina or a LE shirou are made to be customised and enjoyed and some go for even more with a customised one of faceup... especially when done so nicely...

:daisy

7. I bought my St. Mina's head for very little, so I figured I had nothing to loose by playing around with her. Not that it matters, because I buy my dolls because I love them, not because I am looking for them to go up in value. It just makes it more personal to me when they have a custom face up and I feel like they have a little more of their own personality. I'm sure everyone has different opinions about it, but I really don't buy them as an investment, I really enjoy playing with them, therefore, the customizing just makes it a bit more fun for me.

8. You clearly don't frequent Yahoo! Japan auctions, do you? :oops: If you look at this strictly from an investor's POV, an LE that's been customized well can go for much more than an LE with just a default faceup. It's now unique, OOAK. A one-off, in a sense.

There was an Volks SD Anais custom that sold for $8000 a while back-- that's a price a NRFB version would -never- reach. And being that Cristy is a very good customizer, I don't think she'd have to worry about not recouping her value, were she ever going to sell the doll.

9. Also, don't forget St Mina version 1 came with an extra BLANK head for customizing, so I don't understand your post.

I love Cristy's Isabella!!!!

Cindy

10. I second and third everybody who posted about Cristy's doll and how there are customized dolls all over....

First of all, this topic came up (sort of in another way) about removing a faceup on a custom doll. Some of us would do it, some of us would not, but no matter if you personally would do that or not, it's YOUR doll after you purchase it, to do with what you wish.

I think Isabella is amazing - and if Cristy were to ever sell her, I am very confident that she would actually fetch MORE than a st mina as issued. And as she said, money isn't the point either, I agree - we love them and that's why we have them, and Cristy is a customizer - and a good one to boot!

11. Your right..my stupid mistake...

I forgot about the extra head. (mine is still bubble wrapped in the box !) Again, extra head aside, I just love my "sad" mina and I think her faceup is great.
      However, I have an SD Volks "Mimi" which was just customized by "Kiriko-Moth" and she is now so beautiful, I sometimes stare at her for hrs. I KNOW she must be alive...
      Meanwhile, Mina stays in her pristine box, except for special occasions, until I re-arrange the cabnet I intend to put her in. I didn't buy her as an investment per se, but I try to keep my collectable stuff in perfect cond. Being a guy, I don't actually "play" with my dolls, but appreciate them on more of an aesthetic level.
      However, I might consider marrying Mimi...