1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do/Did you keep your very first doll? Or will you sell it? - Part 2

Jun 4, 2016

1. I will keep my first doll for ever! :XD:
      Even if I decide to quit hobby (not likely to happen) I would be unable to sell her. It was love at first sight, and she has huge sentimental value for me.

2. Yes and No! My first doll was a Ringdoll Rebecca. She's adorable, but she hasn't aged well (failed mods, environmental resin, just generally being treated roughly by my noob self). I didn't feel like she was getting the love she deserved with me, but I just couldn't bring myself to sell her for the inevitably rock-bottom price she'd command. So...I gave her to my best friend, who adores her.

3. Yes, I believe my first doll (Soom Rosette Muse Delilah) will always be with me. I love her to bits and her character has key importance in my stories so she is not going anywhere :)

4. Nearly ten years out, I still have my first doll. His tenth anniversary will be next May in fact. Despite the fact that my numbers over here have grown (and keep growing), I still love him and wouldn't trade him for anything. :)

5. My first doll turns 9 this month, and though my taste has changed drastically and I don't play with or display him anymore, I do still have him, stored away in his box. He was only $175 to begin with, and because I had no idea what I was doing, he has a lot of scratches and a couple of deep gouges, is very severely yellowed and has that horrible s-hooked on headcap, so if I sold him...I'd probably be lucky to get $75. His sentimental value is higher than that to me, so I plan to have him stick around forever!

6. Yes and no. I have mischief's original 2004 El head in a box at home. It will probably end up being a character again someday but he outgrew it. I'm never selling him, ever. The chances of getting him back are too slim and I'm too emotionally attached. X3

7. I just sold my first doll. I loved her dearly, but my tastes have changed and I'd rather put the money I spent on her to something else ^_^

8. Hm, well my tastes have changed in the last 11 years since I got my first doll but there is a sentimental value there and I don't think I could sell him for a price that I would be happy with due to his age, the no longer popular aesthetic, and the carved scars on his face.

9. I still have mine, over 10 years on, and he's still the one in my icon picture.

Teddy

10. I kept his head but replaced his body, does that count?

He's an elfdoll Wu, one of my fvaorite sculpts.

11. I still have my first bjd but I realized that he was really an impulse buy. He wasn't at all what I planned to have as a bjd. He's a DIM Eileen and hes a YOSD. I might keep him or I might not since the connection between us is really fading and its really sad ;m;

12. I am sure I will always keep my first bjd. I waited a long time before getting her and still like her as well now as when I got her.

13. My first doll is a floating head in a box. Her body was given to a new arrival ostensibly on loan until a new body arrived, but instead of being given back that, body is now being cannibalised for parts by the others in my collection.

I forget she even exists until I open the box looking for other things, and exclude her from the count whenever people ask me "how many dolls do you have?". Such a sad existence. But her sacrifices have kept the rest of the family together. Literally.

The head on its own really has no resale value and I'm not going to just throw it out. So I guess she is a box monster for the indefinite future.

14. I still have my first BJD. I've debated selling my second one however as I'm no longer sure I'll finish that collection of dolls. Originally I had intended to get a family of four dolls, but as time goes on I'm not sure if I'll buy the remaining two for the family. If I did, I'm fairly confident they'd be close to the last BJD's I'd own.

I have grown fond of some 2D dolls, and would like to get them more than the dolls I'd originally planned at this point.
      However, after getting my first DD I think I'm less fond of the idea of buying more resin because it won't age as well. My first doll I'm pretty sure has yellowed and I'd never sell her, but it makes it harder to do the overall aesthetic I planned out originally.

15. I have sold the dolls that first got me into the hobby ^__^ But that's okay, since I have moved on and adopted new girls that will stay with me <3

16. I still have my very first BJD: Volks MSD Kohaku. I have no intention of selling him and I've had him for nearly 12 years.

17. I have sold my first few dolls
      My taste has changed a lot since I started in the hobby

18. My first doll was Ringdoll's Eva, pictured in my icon. I have had her for about 3 years and she remains my favourite. I don't see myself ever getting rid of her no matter what other dolls i might get.:)

19. I've had my DollZone Yuu-2 for going on 7 years now and though he's not my favourite anymore (sorry Yuu! :XD:) He's very special to me and I have a lot of sentimental value attached to him as he's got me into the hobby in the first place :kitty2 So I don't foresee selling him, especially now that DollZone no longer sell him :eek:

20. I just got my first doll earlier this year and I have no plans on selling her. She's so wonderful and precious to me I couldn't possibly think of separating from her.