1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do Dolls Dream - Teacup Marionette Line Discussion

Sep 15, 2022

1. Thanks! Here she is!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      She was so much fun to paint!

2. @SunshineGirl She is so cute! I love the dress you gave her.
      I'm getting really impatient for mine now. I wonder how long she will take. I haven't heard anything from Paulianne regarding the faceup *sigh*.

3. Thank you!! Hopefully she will be finished soon!! :XD:

4. Wow, she looks amazing! Simply so cute.

Popping my head in to say - anyone else receive the newsletter with the new prototypes? They're so precious! Quite excited to see what other pictures will be posted. Owlie's new feet are super adorable!

5. I want to get a teacup during the September 2024 preorder but I need to have an approximate idea of cost. Can anyone share how much a doll was in the last preorder? Thank you!

6. Thank you for responding and for the link. It’s exactly the info that I needed. ❤️

7. You're welcome! Glad I could help! I appreciate the fact that the website shows past orders - it is quite useful.

8. For anyone who has a do dolls dream girl what is the better wig size? Also any good wig suggestions I'm looking for some and I used to shop at leeke word but that was before the bjd hobby died.

9. I'm wondering about wig sizes, too. According to DoDollsDream's website they are 6-7 and 7-8. I hope my Lottie can share wigs with my Minifee girls.
      Luts is a good place for wigs, they have a big selection to choose from and the quality is always nice.

I'm still waiting for my Lottie, but last week I received in progress faceup pictures from Paulianne, so she is about 90% done I'd say and already looking adorable. Can't wait for her. :whee:

10. I got my Teacup Marionette Lullaby Maggie (3rd-hand purchase) last week. She is absolutely adorable and very whimsical.

[​IMG]

The dress and shoes in this pic are from Aliexpress. The dress is YoSD sized, and the shoes are Blythe sized.

I wanted to ask of anyone has tried restringing these dolls' wrist pieces. I find that there no range of motion except rotation. Pretty sure it has to do with the s-hooks.
      Was thinking of substituting upholstery thread for those s-hooks...
      Any thoughts? :love

11. those are great looking shoes!! I have been trying to find some.

12. Inexpensive too! If you need a link, let me know.

13. Wow, she fits Blythe shoes? That is impressive! Guess I'll have to search for some Blythe shoes now.
      As for the wrist joints, yes, they are really not that flexible at all. Please let us know if you find a cure for it.

14. Yes, they are supposed to be Blythe shoes. I did cross my fingers when I ordered them, as I was not sure they would fit. They do though, but tightly.

Will do. If my idea works, I'll post about it. :)

15. Forgot to share my Lottie here. She was probably the longest I ever waited for a doll, 8 months. But she is just adorable and probably my most spoiled doll already. But I agree, finding shoes for her is difficult.
      [​IMG]IMG_6406 by keliyara, on Flickr

16. She's so beautiful! I especially love her hair!
      Which resin colour is she?

17. Thank you! Her resin colour is sweet cocoa.

18. It's very tempting to try again with these. I wasn't a fan of the way the resin felt before and was upset at the lack of sanding off print lines in some places for their price point, but changing the casting company is pretty appealing to me. I had no idea they were different companies! But she said the resin quality is much better now and heavier, which I super love, so I'm tempted to try again. Especially for Yo-SD, I love when the resin is thicker. Gives them some nice weight. They're just so cute and I love love Lullaby Lottie. But then DDD keeps releasing too many pretty colors to choose from!

19. Ohh... so with the new casting company, the resin colours are new too:

[​IMG]

I really like the look of "Wayward Wind".