1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

do the shoes all seem a little big to you?

Mar 1, 2011

1. This is definitely more of an issue for girl dolls when buying open toed heels,
      even shoes made/sold by the dolls company are often ill fitting with large spaces
      in the front, back or sometimes all around!! I've never had any problems buying
      shoes (usually boots) for my large boys though. Agree that looking in discussion
      threads for your specific doll often helps in finding clothes/shoes that fit. The main
      problem is that dolls come in all different sizes even if they are labeled YOSD/MSD
      SD etc. so their feet are going to differ slightly (or more) from one company to the
      next *_* Very frustrating. Obviously it helps to compare measurements but it can
      still be hit or miss.

2. Find me a pair of shoes that comfortably fits an Angell-Studio Vera. I dare you >.< Either she has TINY feet, or shoes are HELLA huge (I'm pretty sure it's the former, lol) as every single pair of shoes I buy for her is at least half a cm to a cm too big for her! Unfortunately she kind of needs fairly specific shoes too, so I can't even just buy a pair of lace-up or zip-up shoes to poke cotton wool into the bottom and deal with the 'clown feet' effect :...(

I think only about... Yeah, three of my dolls have shoes. My Dollfie Dream (Volks shoes, made for Volks dolls, lol), my MSD (eBay shoes picked because they specifically stated they fit MSD) and my Bygg (who came with sandals in his fullset, even though he permanently wears his hooves, lol). Of the other seven not one of them has a pair of shoes because... well... they never fit :lol: So I just gave up and leave them barefoot :XD:

3. Yes they do. I bought some canvas slipons for my 70cm DZYu and they are hugemungous, and DZ boys have gargantuane feet.

4. My Iplehouse msd I has some flats from Dale Rae or whatever that look awesome on her, stay on and aren't hard to GET onto her either. She also has some flats from M-Style that just fall off her feet they're so big. I think the width actually is the worst part of those shoes. It's like they kept the width for an SD shoe but shortened it a bit. Maybe it was an accidental pair or something? I got the same style of shoe from them in both SD size and YOSD size and they fit great on those dolls.

5. Yeah, the shoes are a bit challenging...I have found a handful that fit just perfectly so I tend to stick to those. Or my girls just go barefoot or with socks! I've ordered from Mimiwoo and Releaserain - they provide a great product and good customer service as well.

Lana

6. I don't mind if they're a little larger, makes them easier to put on, but I don't want them to look ridicilous either.

7. I looked to see if anyone had mentioned this idea. I think the larger shoes, although looking rather bulky, to aid in the stability of my dolls when standing on their own.

8. it hard to find the right size for the dolls shoes. The one i order is .5cm bigger than his feet but it is really easily for him to put shoes on

9. sometimes, usually only with tiny's though and that can be a positive

10. The first thing I thought of when I read the OP's statement was to make sure that there is room around the foot. Like others have said, dolls feet don't move, so having as snug and secure a fit like a human shoe is kind of difficult. The shoe needs that extra room to be put in and out of the shoe without the foot getting stuck, or ruining the shoe in some way.

11. I have the issue of an SD girl with MSD sized feet (6.7cm) and... well, a giant that can wear baby shoes. 0.5 to 1cm bigger is one thing, but 2-3 is too much. :(
      I don't mind some shoes being too big for her, because some shoes are made to look big (stompy boots, for example) but she's got a pair of high heels that fall off at the slightest tug of gravity because they're too wide. D: And a lot of SD girl shoes just look gigantic on her like she's a toddler clomping around in Mommy's high heels, and I had to sell two pairs that are just way too big looking on her skinny legs.
      *edit* I'm going to put some hot glue in the high heels and see if they stay on her that way.

12. Like a few others have already mentioned, I have a couple of dolls that I intentionally put in larger shoes to make their feet look bigger. Other than that, I don't really notice or care much -- maybe it's the style of the shoes or whatever, but I don't notice them being *that* much too big. However, to have a shoe that fits perfectly means that they may not fit more than one company's dolls, and they'll be harder to get on and off -- especially with socks. I bought a pair of shoes for one of my msd girls that I knew where a bit too big, but I wanted her to be able to wear knee socks with them.

13. My boy wears boots((I love boots :sweat )), so it kind of looks intentional. It never bothered me much at all.

But when it comes down to it, I think it's pretty much just for fitting. If it was such an exact fit, it might be kind of hard to get our dollies' feet inside the shoes. :sweat At least with room it can fit properly. :)

14. With my Resinsoul MSD's I find I have this problem which has lead me to want to just make my own shoes. It's not only the length but the width too. Granted Resinsoul has always run on the small side.
      Interestingly I have had no such problem when it comes to tinies. Their shoes are available in abundance and they are also easy to make.

15. This sort of thing happens because there's such a variety in doll foot sizes. Just among 1/4 scale dolls, the foot size differences can be really astonishing. The companies that are making shoes for dolls all use different size lasts, so whether or not the shoe will be a good fit or a terrible fit depends on whether or not your doll's foot is closer or farther from the size of that last. Obviously, as others have mentioned, there has to be a bit more extra space inside the shoe because doll feet cannot bend or conform, and the material that the shoe is made up of lends some bulk. However, I have some shoes that fit my dolls' feet well, and others that fit significantly worse. Sometimes you have to try many different shoes from many different companies before you find shoes that fit your doll the way you want them to.

16. Shoes never were a problem to me - As I always love the giant, chunky heels and huge shoes.

I guess that was always because I am a size 11 in womens, which is huge in womens feet. This makes show shopping fustrating. Granted I am 5'8 and lean, but still certain boots make my feet look huge. I guess its a 'I'm used to it, so My dolls should be too.' thing.

17. Since I like slim minis the best, it's near impossible to find the right kind of shoes for them. I can deal with the big stompy boots, but there are no platform style heels for girls...I mean like the lolita looking kind, where they have a big clunky sole with a heel but the shoe itself is really flat (so you don't need heeled feet to wear them if that makes any sense). MSD shoes are fricking huge from whatever company I've bought them from except for Dale Rae, which work great if you want casual shoes for your girls. She makes high heels which work really well on my slim footed girls. It does seem to be mostly the width that's the problem. Even if the length of the shoe seems right, if it's too wide they just fall right off. I really don't know why they make shoes as big as they do yet still call them MSD size...*end confusing rant*

18. It also depends on the dolls. There are currently 5 MSDs at my home, 2 from Dollmore, 2 from DollZone and the last one is from Bobobie. Most of the shoes are bought from Dollmore. They are way to big for the DZ & BBB dolls (especially open shoes look a bit strange) but okay on DM Kids, even though it's sometimes a bit hard to take them off. Another pair which I own is from BBB, it is perfect for my small footed girls but impossible to wear for DM dolls due to their large feet...

19. Most of the characters from my resin crew is expected to have kind of big feet so taking "a little bit" big shoes for them is not a matter unless they are opened in style somehow.

SD size shoes are not usually a problem:
      In the case of my large guys, I remember a pair of shoes I got from Unidoll for a Uni Real boy body which fit so tight on him that taking them off is a hurt. A pair of boots from the same store, in the same size, for the same guy did not fit at all.
      In the case of my large girls, a pair of SD size boots I got from Dollmore for one of my CP Luts Delf girls fits her feet, but you may notice clearly her toes on the front.
      High heel shoes are another thing, because it is not only about size, but about foot form. I am still researching to find out what would better fit my girls.

MSD size shoes are not a problem for my MiniFée boy, probably because of the kind of shoes he wears.
      But when it is about my MiniFée girl MSD size shoes are a usual problem, maybe because of the same reason.
      Even some MiniFée shoes are so wide that she looses them easyly, but I took good note of suggestions over here to find the right size shoes for her. Thanks so much for that.

20. Almost all of the shoes I have are too big. I have resigned myself to the fact, and only buy shoes that have some way of securing themselves to the foot so they won't fall off -- either laces, ankle straps or high tops! I'm so used to seeing those big feet on my dolls that it really doesn't bother me any more.