1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you celebrate your dolls birthday?

Nov 11, 2014

1. Sorry if this has been asked before or if it is in the wrong section.

So my question is do you celebrate your dollie families birthdays? I got thinking about this yesterday at a friends party. None of my dolls are a year old yet but I wrote down the days they arrived so I could celebrate them as birthdays! :)

So do your dolls have birthdays?
      Do you Celebrate them?
      Do you get your dolls gifts?
      And if they have a backstory does their characters age change on their birthday as well?

2. I haven't had my doll for even a month yet, but I'm sure I would celebrate her birthday, since she's such an important thing in my life. Her age probably won't change on her birthday, since I would love to just keep her as an 8year old for the rest of time, but maybe with another doll, they might age.

3. Nope.

I think I did take a specific set of photos of my first pair to mark having had them for a year, but Harumatsu and Tien Jen's "first birthday" was the exception rather than the rule. I've never marked any other member of my crew's arrival date. It's just not information that I keep up with.

I could tell you the approximate month and year when any given doll was added to the collection, but the exact date? No chance. My memory isn't that good.

4. I don't really celebrate their birthdays or arrival dates per se. (They're two different things in my collection.) I couldn't keep track of all of them.

I may do something nice for Yukimura next spring, since that will be 10 years with him, and he was my very first doll. <3

5. I do for my favorites, but I don't count their arrival date as their birthday. They're all OCs I've created, so they have a character birthdate.

6. I probably won't, but since I got him in October he'll probably get unintentional gifts in the form of Halloween themed outfits and costumes.

7. I consider arrival dates as their birthdays...my first girl just has her first birthday a few weeks ago, I knew that since I work nights and I would be sleeping the entire day of her birthday the least I could do is make her look extra pretty that day so a couple of weeks prior I made sure to get her a nice outfit to wear. I was going to be silly and make some cupcakes to match the dress but was way too tired. Dx

8. i havent given it much thought. My first doll was bought at dollism, so when that comes back around it would be sorta like a birthday celebration since i know i would bring her to show whats changed since ive had her. as for an actual birthday i dont think thats going to happen. I dont have bio's or stories to go with her either. I am just starting out my collection and might have ideas of background to better build outfits that suit that dolls attitude or theme.

Actually my yun doll is an elf girl who i have already purchased 4 different wigs for as she is going to have a different outfit for each element. Thats the closest ive come to giving them identities, or birthdays.

9. Nope haha. I'm a mean dolly owner who tortures them with constant esthetic work and wig/eye/costume changes then sits them on a shelf just to look at. Birthdays/arrival dates might get a blog mention assuming I remember the date, but that's it for mine.

10. Just my first since I can remember the day he arrived home.

11. No, I don't, save for a possible photoshoot just to commemorate "X" many years with the doll.

12. Heck yeah! And because my doll's first birthday (from the date of her arrival) fell on the same weekend as Dollism Plus, I spoiled the bejeezus out of her!

13. not really! it is hard enough to remember family/coworkers/friends birthday!

14. Definitely a "no" to all four questions. I have 26 dolls currently (and another on the way); I can't remember when even the first one arrived right now since it wasn't really that big of a thing for me (he was meant as a clothes-making dummy). There's no celebration, no gifts, and their characters are all frozen at a particular age for the purpose of the dolls.

15. Some of my dolls have their birthday because of their character's background story. I want to celebrate their birthday, but it just happens that I'm always so busy on that day and have to cancel the celebration with photo-shooting plan. But I do celebrate Halloween, Valentine, New Year and Christmas with my dolls and make them new outfit. :)

16. I'm trying to figure out when my dolls' birthdays would be. Arrival dates don't seem right for some reason. I don't think they'd age in character, but I'll keep track of the years.
      With a collection size of only 2-3, it's not that unreasonable.. so far..!
      I'd celebrate by putting a tiny cone hat on the birthday-kid and giving them lollipop "balloons."
      Might be a nice excuse to make a cake too. As for gifts.. we'll see..

17. I consider my dolls arrival date as their birthday. It was my first doll's first birthday a few days ago. It may be a little silly to celebrate but I made him a new wig and had a party photoshoot to commemorate. It was fun, haha.

18. Yes I do! Every year I get something for them on their birthday and a couple of times, I baked miniature cakes for a photoshoot (although I bake for fun anyway). Both my dolls have backstories but they aren't my own characters. For one of my dolls, I count up for their age every year but the other was someone from the Edo period so.....no counting ages for that one.

19. I don't, but I love the fact that my Serendipity Noel got to me on my birthday :)

20. I do so too, i wrote my dollies arrive date and made it her birthday, so 29th july is my little girl's birthday, can't wait next year! ^^ she wil be 1 year old at my house , under my care ^^