1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you find BJDs calming?

Mar 9, 2009

1. It lets me let out steam; stringing is quite great for relieving stress; I curse under my breath, stripe my fingers, and ultimately, end up with a strung doll and a feeling of satisfaction. :) It's very, very soothing to shop and play with them.

2. Calming yes. I find my Sabik's face to be instantly calming, and tend clutch him when angry to calm down. Brushing his hair and doing face-ups is also nice, but in a different way.

3. i totally agree with this idea. i only have 1 doll, but just thinking about his needs and such makes me happier. also, i've been browsing for new dolls lately and just doing that calms me down [ i have a lot of uni work to do right now D:< ] ... but then of course i find one i want and get uber stressed because i want them NAO!! XD

4. Absolutely.
      I'm pretty sure my BJDs are self-medication. ;)

5. They certainly are, for me. :) Just by looking at them and taking random pictures of them heals me in a way. Oh, but I don't change their clothes when I'm under stress or I'd be even more hot and bothered instead. :sweat

6. I do find them calming, I love holding Antaliya's hand, it fits my index finger perfectly, and if I'm starting to get frustrated, it's really comforting for some reason.
      That may also be why her left hand is so dirty >.< I stroke the back of her hand with my thumb, I need to clean it >.>
      And making her clothes is a great relief too, because she really appreciates new outfits, and I love to see them on her when they're finished.

7. Totally. My girl totally makes me smile. When I'm stressed I play with her. It actually kinda relaxes me. Now I'm stressed over the wig cap stain she has obtained. D:

8. I don't have a BJD yet, but I have a Pullip, and I find that just having her near me makes me feel better somehow. I just got back from a little more than a week away from her and sometimes I found myself really just wanting to hold her. I imagine it will be the same way when I get a BJD.

9. When my dog died,the first thing I did was Go to lucifer and cry while holding him,so,everytime I get sad and cry (or just cry to feel better....I'm weird...)do you hold your dolls while your crying to make you feel better?
      For me lucifer has a way of warming my heart when I'm down.and makes me stop crying.

10. Lol, it's what I'm doing right now...

11. :( what's wrong?are you okay?

12. *hands you a cookie* Hope you feel better >________<

The only time so far I've cried at college (streeeeeeess!) I ran straight for Kamui. In retrospect, Cain is more cuddly, but Kamui is just the right height to where I can lean my chin on the top of his head while hugging him :sweat

I dunno, just having his weight there was comforting.

13. animemadie, Ari-chan, thanks, it's okay ^_^
      Just a little bit stressed...
      Anyway, seeing this thread the first time I'm crying with my doll was really interesting.

14. LOL when I made this I was getting upset because I was looking at my picture of my dog (r.I.p) and it made me upset.really upset,so I grabbed lucifer and made this.

15. Hmmn, I only just got my doll, a 27.5 cm tall Bobobie Isabella. bit too small to cuddle. Actually, quite too small to cuddle... but I imagine I'll probably cuddle larger dolls. >.>;; I do that anyways with other things. I cuddle with my stuffed-cat who I've slept with since I was 4, I cuddle with my pillow... I cuddle with my laptop... I cuddle with my guitar... so I imagine when I'm in a bad mood I'd be likely to grab a doll, also. >.>;

16. I cuddle Issachar when I get sad. There's something about him that always makes me feel better. He was my first and I've cried a lot while holding him.

17. If Jacob, Rune, or Endo ever get bodies I could see myself doing this with them. I think I would look strange, slightly deranged, if I was clutching a doll head and crying. :lol: When it's something you hold dear and have created and manifested your purest feelings into it can be quite comforting to look onto.

18. I don't, but I should.

19. Once in a while I do... but I mainly do it with Izarra since he is the closest character that I've built upon so I feel like he understands me most lol >_________> *scoots back into the weird corner now*

20. I've found that SD17 boys have the best shoulders to lean your chin. It's really comfotable! :)

I've cryed with most of my dolls, since they are the only thing that can make me feel better, if I'm dispaired with something I've just to hold Nolk (F-17) a while, and it's like if he absorved all my sadness and negative thinks. Then I feel a lot better! :3nodding: