1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you include your floating heads in your doll count?

Jan 6, 2012

1. I'll be getting my first floating head soon (along with a couple other dolls), and I've been saying that I'll have a total of five dolls, counting a floating head. Then I realized that it might be more accurate to say four dolls and a floating head.

Do you include your floating heads in your total doll count, or do you add them on as a different thing completely?

(Hope I'm making sense!)

To mods: I swear I remember reading this before, but I tried all the search words I can think of. If it's already been done, you know what to do, lol.

2. personnaly I do not count the floating head.
      as long as they do not have a body they don't have a faceup either (as I may need to make a special blushing to match). and during that time, I do not play or bound with them, so they are not official for me :)

3. I counted my once floating head as a character but not as a doll, since... well, it wasn't. ^^
      So I said I had X dolls + a head.
      I'm glad I got her a body after about a year, though. ^^
      I never only got a body. I wonder if I could ever count that as a character, really....

4. I counted the brief floating head I had as a doll when telling people how many I have, but I don't count my extra body. Maybe it's because I don't intend to keep the body. It's not something I'd really thought about before!

5. I don't have any dolls or floating heads yet, but in the interest of a full description of my collection I would give my actual doll count and then a floating head count.

6. I do count them as dolls if someone asks me how many I have, but that is only because I count the # of heads I have and not their bodies to know how many dolls I have ;3

But I will only really like them when they have a body. Right now I have 6 floating heads and I cannot wait for them to all have a body as they are not fun to photograph, and those without faceup (as sahoma said for resin matching) are hard bond with xP

7. I generally I say I have six dolls, and four floating heads, since they aren't full dolls. Unless I'm talking to someone who doesn't understand what floating heads mean, then I try to keep it within the range they'll understand - whether I explain it to them or not.

8. When I did have a floating head (or two, I can't remember anymore) I do remember saying "I have x dolls and a floating head."

But generally no, I don't include them in the 'Dolls I play with' list, because to me dolls are no fun without a body ;)

9. I agree with the above statement....I don't really include floating heads in my doll count until they are complete dolls!!!

10. LOL I count them as halves, so I'll say for example, I have 10.5 dolls, etc.

I know I am wearied.

11. No... unless they are sharing a body... But it DOES make the doll count confusing!!!! *_*

12. No, I don't count them.

I've got a few heads floating around but to me they're not really substantial enough to count.

13. If I have just a head (especially if no eyes and no wig) then no.
      If I have a body (just the body) I count it.

14. Yes, I count them.

I have heads that I actually don't plan to get bodies for, just busts for display only. They are still part of my collection, even if they ain't got legs!

(for example, I have a DIM MNM Legolas head that was scuplted so large it has to have a 70cm body. Turns out, I hate dolls that big, so I sold the body I got for him and thought long and hard about selling the head. I decided that just because the body size wasn't right didn't mean the head wasn't beautiful....and I certainly wasn't going to have an easy time finding/commissioning it in a smaller size!)

15. I do. I also count a Taeyang in the group. I guess it's because he's the only other ball jointed doll in the house? Wait, that's wrong, I have a Volks Dollfie, so I should count him if I count the Taeyang. But I do count the heads. It's only three, but they have wigs, eyes, and a faceup. Just lack of money keeping me from a body for them!

16. In my own head, I tend to count them if the head has a character - for instance, I've got three heads that share one body, but each of them has a distinct character and their own stuff. On the other hand, I've also got "spare" heads that I don't have any plans for - those that came along as extras - and I don't count them.

However, when talking to others, I do like several of the previous posters, and list "X dolls and X floating heads"

17. i only count the heads as a doll if they are painted. blanks with no bod... sit in a box. outta sight, outta mind...

18. In my head I count them all as full dolls as I do not intend to have any floating heads. If a non-doll friend asks me how many dolls I have I give one number (counting full dolls and floating heads) based on my intention to buy them all bodies, and being outsiders a "floating head" sounds weird. To doll people I say "X amount full dolls, X amount floating heads" for accuracy.

19. Nope! I call that "denial". :wiggle

20. Nope xP I only count them in my doll count if they have a body of their own.