1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you miss your dolls when they are sent out to get painted?

Sep 30, 2019

1. A few months ago I had a couple of floating heads sent to a face up artist to get painted. I kept them in a box with my tiny and a few accessories. Now every time I get something out of that box I notice that they aren't there. I know this sounds silly, but I do miss them. I've created characters before I even got them so I have gotten attached to them. Of course I'm way more excited to see the outcome of the face ups. (They turned out great by the way!) The thing I worry about the most is them getting lost or damaged in transit. They're on their way home now and I can't wait for their bodies to arrive!

#1 TwilightBabyDoll, Sep 30, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    2. Yes, I do!

3. I miss them while they are gone but it just makes me more excited for them to return.

4. No, I don't. But depending on the head I send out I cannot actually wait to see what the artist does with it.

5. I do all my own faceups. They are definately not be as good as they would be if I sent them out, but I feel a better connection with dolls that I've painted myself. That being said, I'd probably miss mine if I did send them out.

6. I think it takes a certain amount of time to miss them - I had two that got their faceups done in two weeks and didn't miss them during that time! But I can definitely understand wanting to see them again after a few months

7. After a few months of a headless doll, I would probably start to miss it.

8. I've never had to send a doll away, since I do my own faceups, but I had to box my dolls for a couple months while my family sold our house. I missed them so much it was stressful. :shudder Only sending out one at a time would probably be more bearable, but I would undoubtedly miss any doll that wasn't with me!

9. Once I gave a head to the commission for a wig for 3 months and I was a little bit nervous about the reason why it took so much time. :pout:I missed this doll a bit until head was back. Then I got larger dolls and begun to do all the work myself.

10. I do, and that’s why I mostly do my own faceups! I do sometimes still send one out when I want a faceup or mod I don’t feel confident in doing myself, and I wait impatiently for them to get back.

11. I don't necessarily miss them as such, but rather, I spend the entire time fretting that they're going to get damaged, lost, or destroyed by customs (though there is no logical reason why they would be) while they're in the mail.

12. Yes and no. I am probably too anxious by nature and I worry about the postal system, but don't worry at all when they're in the hands of the customizer. It's only the trips to and from that get me! And I don't really miss them while they are away; I work a lot and don't interact with my dolls daily. Usually I just get excited when I think about how much better they will look when they come home!

13. I certainly do. I have just 5 dolls so when one of them is not home, it certainly leaves a gap.
      Of course I also care about postal service and so (though I have never had a problem with it) but, when someone of my crew is out in the hands of an artist, I can almost feel the other ones asking me where is their missing partner xD

14. Not really miss them, but I get super nervous when they're away. My dolls are all sculpts that are hard, to very hard to get, so I'm always worried something goes wrong during shipment.

15. I do, though I think I'm mostly just impatient. My first two dolls spent several months at the faceup artist's place and I remember being so anxious to see their faces!

Reminiscing about my very first bjd, I was excited to ship his head to the faceup artist, because I knew I would love him even more once his look was complete. I was worried he would get damaged in transit and the faceup artist actually thanked me for packaging him so carefully, she had never seen a head wrapped up in that much bubble wrap before.:lol:

I don't think I worried about the package being lost back then, but it would have been horrifying, especially since he's a limited sculpt. These days I'm even more anxious than before, so I worry about everything even though I've never had any damages or lost packages. *knocks on wood*

16. Why do you think I made myself learn how to do faceups? XD I couldn't bear to send Chaeri away.

17. I've never sent my heads out for face ups for this reason lol. I used to have them done by a local lady I knew, but I moved and then she started a new chapter in her life. So I do all my face ups if I need one.

18. This reminds me of myself. Before when I started the hobby I got very anxious and couldn’t wait for them to arrive. Nowadays I’m more patient and when I notice it has been to long I get anxious. But nevertheless the excitement is still there!

19. I don't miss them per se, but I do get more and more antsy about them getting home, because I want to see how they look back on their bodies. :XD: I always want to start doing other stuff with them when they're gone! Making clothes and taking pictures and stuff. It always seems to take longer than it actually is!

20. I've got 2 that have been away for a bit for faceups and while one I don't necessarily miss the other I do because I'm excited for his new faceup that I designed that was a bit out there. While having others to keep me busy the amount of missing them isn't that high but I can't wait to have everyone so I can finally get that group photo I've been wanting!