1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take along your dolls on holiday?

Jun 8, 2014

1. somehow it only was just a joke to take a pitcure of my Eid Tedros beside my boardcase

but I wonder: do you take along your dolls on holiday to make beautiful picture?
      so come on and start posting your holiday pics

2. I've thought about it, but I don't think I'd want to stress over getting my dolls dirty or lost or damaged. Plus I absolutely hate having to carry more things with me than necessary (I refuse to have a big purse and I got a micro 4/3rd camera instead of a DSLR because they're smaller). Also I travel a lot with mainly friends and they don't know about the hobby so I rather just leaves things be... maybe in the future if I have a significant other and I travel with him, then I may brave bringing a doll along...

3. think its a good chance to make some "real" pictures with a wonderful background. I see so many photoshopped pictures on facebook and pages like flickr and I think its not the same "honesty" like taking along your dolls to various places. But I would ever prefer to take along an MSD cause .... If I took along my EID Tedros on holiday he needed an own boardcase to travel- LOL. Sorry airport security but why are you astonished I take along a sexy guy as hand luggage? LOL

4. I do! Unless it's a trip where I feel the doll won't be safe.

In fact, Ben and I just got back from a visit to the Tallahatchi Bridge last week! Not the best pic of the bridge, but Ben needed to find some shade. It was hot and sunny!
      [​IMG]

5. what a cute guy :)

6. I like the concept of taking a doll with and photographing them in a foreign locale, but I am not actually interested in traveling with anything besides my essentials... I don't want more luggage than I absolutely must have.

7. I just recently learned that I won a scholarship to conduct research in London England, and I am absolutely bringing my not-yet-here Rosette, who hails from the dark, dingy streets of Victorian London. There is NO way I can pass up the opportunity to get pictures of her in the city her character lives in!
      As for my other girl, she will just have to wait until I go to Ireland to get her chance. But for the time being, there are tons of magical forests here in Canada, so we'll just have to make do :lol:

8. I don't think I would right now. But I would take them to conventions when I am ready to go.

9. I have brought one or two dolls with me when I travel to family for holidays. I enjoy having them with me for pictures, and they give me something to do during the downtime that always seems to happen during family get-togethers. The times I've brought them with me on vacation, I travelled by car. If I were travelling by plane, I might rethink bringing them along.

10. I have. I took my mermaid to the beach and to the aquarium when we were there. I had too, we were at the beach!

11. I'm not really certain. I know I'd love to be able to, but seeing as I've never seen one of these dolls in person, let alone held one to know how durable they are, I am not sure if I'd be willing to risk damage during travel. I'd have to know that the risk was minimal.

12. I always take a doll on holiday! Always fun to get pics different places.
      [​IMG]
      the flower and butterfly are covering stray humans that wandered in to the pic..:sweat

13. Gahhh I would if I could!! Especially if I was going to Japan! I would miss them if I went away. But then I am scared of damaging them :/

14. I really love the idea of taking pictures of my BJDs in different locales on a trip. It would be great to do a photo story of the trip form the POV of the doll. It could be like a BJD version of that traveling gnome thing where they took a lawn gnome all over the world and took pictures of it standing in different cool locations. But I have to admit I'd be really nervous to get it damaged or lost or something. It might work with a really tiny BJD like a pukiFee or my Resinsoul Dian. He'd be easy to transport.

15. I don't go to holiday's very often but I want to. I have at least planed to go with my Doll to my parents while holidays maybe I go with the Doll to another places too to take some nice pictures I will actually see. :XD:

16. I just moved to Japan as an ALT. My girl came with me. I'm taking it slow though, taking her outside. Im planning a Tokyo trip for summer, so maybe I'll take pictures then. And at universal studios in Osaka.

17. I don't take my dolls with me. They're waiting for me at home :)

18. I'd only take tinies or YoSDs with me. Traveling could really be fun with dolls but I don't want to carry anything too heavy that might also break during the trip. Tinies and YoSDs are much easier to pack and much lighter. ^^

19. I take at least a small one. Anyway, even when traveling light I have knitting projects with me or I get bored at night so I might as well have a doll to knit for!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

20. I would love to, but I would be afraid they would get lost or damaged. Plus that's one more thing I have to carry around, and worry about on a trip. A tiny or Yosd would probably worry me less.