1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you take your Tiny places??

Jul 9, 2010

1. Another Tiny thread!

Helloooo...again. X3 I didn't see an open..well new thread like this so I'm gonna start it. So once again as a noob..lol I will be getting a tiny soon! I would like to know does anyone take their tiny out?
      I think I would be too paranoid to take a tiny out like to Walmart, the movies, the mall, or even walking around a con. I mean I will freaking love my doll to death but, aren't they to small to take to public places if your not going for shoots or meet ups. Also is it okay to take them out with or without a bag
      ? :)

2. When I first ordered my tiny (PKF Ante), I really thought I'd be taking her lots of places. If I was to pick one of my dolls to take somewhere it'd be here simply because it's easy to bring something to put her in a keep her safe. But...I still don't take her out much at all.

Personally I'm almost more nervous because if I was to be around a lot of people, I worry they would want to hold her, and being so little, she looks like a toy. Obviously I don't want her treated as such :/
      My bigger dolls have more of the 'sculpture' feel to them. They don't seem like toys so I feel like people would automatically be somewhat more careful. But you never know 0_o

But if its general...going somewhere with a friend in public I'd be ok with bringing my tiny because generally strangers wouldn't say anything or want to see.

I generally don't have the desire to bring my dolls places simply because it tends to draw attention and I'm a quite 'off-in-the-corner' type of person. But to each their own ;)

3. It depends on where I'm going. I bring Josslyn with me when I go to Hobby Lobby or sometimes when I pick up my husband from work (Toys R Us).

4. I am more apt to take a tiny out than any of my larger dolls. I take them moreso out when I am on a mission of sorts - fabric/craft store, meet ups, doll shop visits, and on trips when I am by myself or my husband because we're not picture people. It's nice to get sites with an agreeable model than a real person who doesn't want to be in my touristy pictures!

I have nice little Sanrio hard cases to keep my dolls safe from being jostled in my purse. Note: I use these with my PukiPki type sized dolls only. With my Yo-SD sized dolls, I have a white lined fun colored purse I put them in for safe keeping, separate from my regular purse.

5. Sometimes I'll bring my Lati Yellow to the office or if I'm in the mood for some outdoor photoshoots.
      Sad to say though, my other toys get more attention simply because they are less expensive so it's less heartbreaking should they get slightly smudged outdoors.

I think I'm such a bad mummy. =(

6. I've been tempted to take Daisy places. I just get nervous. I really want to tote her around because she's small, but I'm afraid of the looks I'd get. :C

7. ooo, i've taken one tiny to the beach with me for the past 2 summers. they also go to the park/playground, to the stream at the park across the street...oh, and Target when i was looking for a carrier ;) LOL my answer is "yes" i do take my tinies places :D

8. Usually at least one of my LTF come with me on the days I spend at the boyfriends house (we split the days evenly during summer) because I love having them around, and more often than not, I'm working on something for them and need a model to constantly try things out. XD Poor things get bombarded with trying on my creations! They also join me outside in the yard for photoshoots, and sometimes get to come to the forest preserve/ state parks.

Other than that I don't take them out into public because I'm also one of those 'wall flowers' who just doesn't want to bring added attention to myself. I think I'd be more likely to take a pukifee or puki out than a LTF.... We shall see!

One of them will be joining me on my vacation this year, though! My family does alot of outdoorsy sight seeing so I don't want to miss out on photoshoot opportunities!

9. I'm waiting for my Pukifee and I'm planning on taking her out. Of course when buying accessories for her, or fabrics and other ornaments. And I want to take her to work. I don't even think my colleagues will really notice, and when they do I think they'll be surprised because she wears different outfits every time :)

10. I´ve taken my little ones out when going to make outdoor photoshoot (mostly in nature where is not people seeing), or when I´ve went to the doll meeting. Otherwise, I see no reason for me to carry the dolls with me wherever I go. I don´t have a need to keep a doll always close to me, and don´t want them to get lost, broken, stolen, or to lose parts. And I don´t want to go around in public places with dolls, that´s not my thing.

But as taking a doll out in general, tiny doll is ideal for that, as they fit to bag or purse, even pocket, and aren´t heavy to carry or so difficult to pose. I´d be worried for big doll to hit on ground if wind or something would make it fall, but tinies don´t fall very high and in my opinion, stick better in the positions as they don´t have such a long legs to balance with. (Well, at least the chubby child tinies, of course some small dolls are thin and in adult scale.)

11. I take my Firefly faerie with me most of the time. I have made her a special case that protects her in my bag. You just never know when there will be a good photo opp.
      have a look at my flickr stream to she what she gets up too.

12. Oh cool! Yeah I think I would be too nervous to take them out because of their size....but like weird-doll-grl said never know when you might want a shoot. Hmm...

13. I take my tinies to work, usually :] And I've taken them to school whenever we were watching a movie in Japanese class (It was first period.) But for regular out and about stuff, probably not x: But that might change if/when I get a Pukifee.

14. I've brought my tiny all around with me! I carried her in a little glasses case or in my pocket! I only usually take her out when I need to measure something against her size or was with other dolly people!

I had a pukipuki cupid which I sold to change sculpts to pukipuki ante!

15. Thea goes EVERYWHERE with me, even tho she is usually in a hard glasses case in my purse. I just like knowing she is there--and if I find a great photo op, I am ready (yes, the camera is in my purse, too.)

16. I bring Anemone(RS Ni) with me when I'm looking for stuff for her like something to carry her in or Barbie/Liv doll clothes.
      When Noctis(pukifee shiwoo) gets here, I'll be wagging him around as well to find something I can carry him in.
      And then again with my Pukipuki I'm saving for once I mod her to be what I want her to be~

I like taking them places because I just never know what I'll find that MIGHT look like it'd fit them, so having them with me will allow me to better judge. Their portability is a plus.

17. I will be taking Wyndy my new Pukifee Ante to Chicago to see my son Graduate from Navy Bootcamp Hooyah !! I'm so excited can you tell lol

18. I take my pukipuki Cupid Ellianna every where with me because I can. When I was in German class last year she was frequently photographed or just sitting out on my desk with me.

19. Since I got my pukifee at home, she has followed me in all my holidays trip :) She's the perfct size to bring with me, since I can put her carrier (handmade) into my backpack and then go an errand here and there :) And I love to take pics of her in various places, just like SHE was on hollidays ;)

20. I have a really cool glasses case ..I always have one of my tiny with me ..Usually my Moona ..but Thistledown has kinda taken over lately ..Im going to have to see if I can fit them both in
      but I always have one on me and a tiny bear ..were ever I travel
      that and my miniature knitting :)