1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you talk to your dolls.....

Oct 26, 2020

1. So do ya'll talk to your dolls when dressing them, creating stories, etc.........I haven't got my first dollie yet but I have a feeling I'm gonna be a talker.

2. Yeah, when dressing them sometimes, especially when they won't cooperate to put on whatever the item is. Or when they won't pose or stand how you're trying to position them for a photo :XD:

3. Awww I think thats sooo cute......it makes the experience cuter.

4. Yes, I talk to them a lot! Especially, as someone said previously, when they refuse to cooperate :XD: but when they do I do usually compliment them as well! :)

5. Yes and no.
      The most I talk to them is how I'd talk to any kind of thing that is annoying me, i.e. I curse at them when they fall, I struggle to put on their clothes or they refuse to hold a pose.
      Similar to how you slap an old TV and call it a piece of junk when it didn't want to work :lol:

6. I um...talk to nearly all inanimate objects. :frownyblush: (At work, I am always warning the copier to behave itself and telling a stack of papers "now you go here" and stuff like that.) So yes, I definitely talk to my dolls! Not usually long conversations, just little comments here and there, and most often it's more mumbling rather than proper talking.

7. I do. I also yell at them when they’re not doing what I want. It depends on the character too. I’m a lot sweeter to Marley and Lily than the rest. They have more sensitive characters and even though I know they’re just dolls, I would feel bad saying something that would hurt the character’s feelings.

I also have a habit of talking to or yelling at random objects like the coffee pot and the printer. :XD:

8. I do, I talk to everything no problem, except other people. I even have "conversations" with my cats, because some of them actually respond back, but I sadly have no clue what they are saying to me (probably the same for them hearing me talk). I'm very shy IRL, but have no problem writing two volume books online for no apparent reason, on any given topic. Flapping my gums in real life, if it's with a stranger, I find it extremely hard -- inanimate objects or furry animals, I have no problem running my mouth, even if I sound like a crazy cat lady. DX

9. I am very guilty of talking to my dolls lol :XD:
      I complain to them when they give me hell while dressing and posing them.

10. I do not, and I remember someone a few years ago telling me how “uncreative” I was for not doing so :lol:

11. Yep. I chat to them while dressing them, posing them, taking pictures of them, sewing for them, generally playing with them...etc.

Teddy

12. I sometimes might tell them stuff like "hold still already!" when dressing them or posing them for pics, and sometimes, when I accidentally push them over, I'll apologize. But I'm living in a single household here, I also talk to my computer and other things. *lol*

13. I talk to all my dolls when dressing them, and while trying to get pictures of them. Recently I did half a soliloquy about how no pants fit Ness ever, and they need wider pants or a smaller butt. I also “teach” them anything I have to memorize, and some general information about my classes. Shrike could probably pass stats, and Liriel could tell you more about Paradise lost than some people who’ve read it (it’s just a cool book, and my family can only take so much)

14. LMAO me too

15. Like several others here, I talk to everything lol
      For my doll in particular, I tell her how adorable she is, and what things I like or don't like on her, as well as the grumbling when things don't go so easily :D

16. I'm another person who talks to basically everything, lol. I do notice that I talk even more to my dolls than I do to most things. Dolls and cats, I'm constantly having one-sided conversations with both.

17. I talk to mine all the time. Even if they're just sitting in their usual spots. I have full on conversations with them

18. I do talk to my dolls.

19. Yes, and I even dropped a kiss on my Lobelia’s forehead. I know we are not supposed to play favorites, it hurts their feelings, but she is so soft-natured, how could I help it?

20. I love to pat mine on the head. When I talk to them audibly, it's when I either bump them/'hurt' them unintentionally, or I feel bad leaving em alone in a cold dark room before I head off to bed lol. Good thing they have company in the form of other dolls :)