1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you trust your doll to stand?

Jul 20, 2016

1. I have Lunnula from Fairyland and she is standing so well! I also have Rania (EID) from Iplehouse who also stands great. But I was wondering if I should trust them to stay standing? Do you keep yours standing or use a stand? I am still pretty new with bjds and would value some opinions as I would hate to see anything happen to my girls.

Thanks!

2. nope. I don't trust my dolls because I live with cats, plus anything can happen while you're not watching. if they did happen to fall then they could easily chip their face, or paint, or put a crack in the resin. Mine usually sit or lean against something in a way that I know they won't fall. (Or they hide in their boxes)

Considering how pricey this hobby is, I would hate to risk it. But that's my opinion (also my dolls don't tend to stand the best haha)

3. Ya it make me nervous to leave them standing. I don't have pets (except fish) and I don't have kids but it would make me sick if something did happen. So would you trust a doll stand? And where can you get good ones? I am not sold on the Iplehouse stands.

4. I don't have any stands myself, but I would be inclined to trust them (as long as my doll was deep within my shelf so they wouldn't fall off the shelf... But I'm a paranoid person haha)

I've been tempted to buy some of these stands from Alice's Collections but I just need to stop spending all my money on dolls so I have enough cash to spare haha.

5. My doll doesn't stand at all ^^ I don't know if he's kinda defective because of being from an affordable company or I never strung him correctly... He is always sitting down in one of the furnitures of my bedroom or in my bed

6. I keep all my dolls sitting! Admittedly, this is because a couple of them definitely need some restringing because they do not stand well at all, but I also worry about what could happen while I'm not there. I buy a lot of doll furniture, so I sit them down and do a little posing so they look more natural.

It's not that I have pets, or that people come into my room a lot, but. Well, you know how sometimes things just fall without anyone touching them or doing anything? That happens a lot around me, and when I think about it happening to my dolls...

7. Currently I keep all my dolls sitting either on a shelf or in my doll cupboard! Mine are all definitely too wobbly to trust standing, and I'm pretty paranoid about them falling. I'm waiting on a doll stand though, so I might be able to trust them standing once I have that! I'm not entirely sure how sturdy those are though, but I think they're pretty good.

8. Oh man, absolutely not. He's always been a little floppy, and being 70cm doesn't help at all. He stays tucked away on his butt in the closet until the day I have the time (and the guts!) to restring him.

9. That depends. The larger ones I leave standing, but leaning against the wall. I'll also add that they stand on the floor so if they did fall, they wouldn't be falling a great distance. No one has toppled out of their place yet. I do worry a bit about the cat, but she's old and fat and not very interested in resin, plus there's currently a small storage box in front of them with a couple of projects I've been working on, so that makes it impossible for the cat to get to them right now.
      My 1/4 doll always sits because she's really bad at standing.
      The 1/6 dolls can stand, but they're cute sitting in one of the shelves on my desk hutch so that's where they are. :)

10. It's not the dolls that deserve your mistrust. It's the cat. I have one too and she has worked out the dolls get about 1/3rd of my total attention and she wants that 1/3rd for herself, in addition to the 3rd she normally gets. She's already responsible for knocking a doll to the floor when I had it standing on my project bench unattended for ~30 seconds; so my dolls live in a glass cabinet where no furry little floor creature can get them. The glass cabinet also offers a bonus feature in that if a doll should ever fall over, it'll only ever go as far as the glass pane.

Despite best efforts, still get cat hair inside the cabinet and all over my doll's clothing, though. :/

11. I don't trust mine to stand, though I've heard Ringdolls are good standers. I think it's a combination of his stringing and his incredibly impractical outfit.... He does stand well with a doll stand, though!

12. I am still so conflicted. My Lunnula is standing so beautifully. and she show's so well in her current pose. But after hearing your warnings I think I might find a new pose with her sitting or lying down. I would be devastated if something did happen to her. Thank you all for your replys. Hope all of yours stay safe. :3nodding:

13. Has anyone used the Alice Collection stands? I'm awfully curious about them.

I keep my dolls in a closed off room away from kitties, so sometimes I'll leave one or two standing. Most of them are sitting though

14. Not all of them, no. My MSD-sized are both quite sturdy and can stand well with their feet shoulder-width apart. My DoD dolls, however, absolutely do not stand unless they have shoes on, and even then I think they have to be wearing boots (because their ankle joints are such that they just fall over right away orz).

My Volks SD13 girl also won't stand on her own but that's less because of the sculpt and more because of her outfit!

15. The only two- legged, human-type dolls in my crew that I keep posed standing are the "big people" (My EIDs and Spirit Doll pair-), and even then that's only because they're kept behind glass and (very) snugly posed in a way that gives them support not only from the cabinet walls but also each other. Everyone else is kept sitting or kneeling because I don't trust ANY of them to stay up indefinitely. Even a wired and plivered doll with perfect stringing can still tip over, so better safe than sorry in my opinion.

16. Not at all because mine just crumbles. Sueding might help, but even then I wouldn't trust while I wasn't there. Not unless she was in a display case or something.

17. I too am curious about these stands. They look very interesting. I would like to know how well they do for EID size dolls.

18. I haven't tried one myself, but just looking at the construction and guessing the weight of those stands, I suspect an EID would pull one right over. The thin, plastic base and flexible post would be hard-pressed to support the bulk of something that size, even if the clamp would fit around them.

19. Mine can stand, but I prefer to display them safely in a seated position in their glass fronted cases, on realistic in-scale chairs and a vintage bench. A couple of my crew are seated on the top of one of our bookshelves, with one occasionally lounging on our dresser. We have cats, so safer that way - both for the resins, and for the felines. : ) I do have one large doll stand for the rare occasions I want to display someone in an upright pose (usually for purposes of a photo shoot).