1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you try to order within your own country?

Feb 26, 2015

1. I find a lot of what I like for my dolls come from Russia and near Russia! I have great itty bitty shoes from Kazakhstan! Though shipping tends to take a long time haha

The US makes a lot of cute clothes. I see it a lot ob etsy. But I sew/knit my own bjd clothes so I haven't bought many.

2. Yes, because of the covid situation, shipping increased a lot, so I'm trying to only order within the EU. Russia sometimes but it takes very long.

3. I look and see what i can find thats in my own country, tho the stuff that catches my eye is from other places. its not that often i'll buy from within canada, but choosing a country doesnt matter to me, i just know things take a long time regardless because of the postal system. a wig took 2 or 3 months to get to me and i couldnt track it (Canada does track the minor parcels like other places, only the major ones)

4. I would buy from where ever had the best match of what I wanted and the better deal. Now thanks to current events, I'm looking more at local shops than foreign ones.

5. I wish I had an option... Crafting supplies I can buy locally, but everything specifically BJD related I have to order abroad. I do pay attention to shipping costs and region, so in my case I try to go for EU first, Korea second and everything else after.

6. I live in the Netherlands and have not yet found any dealers here ,or the surrounding countries, so if I want an original doll I will have to order it on the other side of the ocean.

7. I'm less concerned about point of origin and more concerned about stock and shipping times :XD:

8. I'd prefer to order within my own country, but sometimes it seems like no one sells in my country or they're far too expensive. So I don't mind buying from other countries but I try to remain skeptical of counterfeit goods and shipping times. However, I'm learning to make my own items.

9. I'm from the US, so thankfully I could order a majority of the dolls I like/want from official US dealers if I wanted to. I tend not to, though, even with shipping being so expensive. I prefer to order directly from the company or maker rather than go through third party distributors for reasons that are unknown even to me. I only order from dealers if they have something in stock that I want.

10. I’m in the US but almost all of the dolls I want and plan on buying ship from Russia, Ukraine or China, so no. I pay at least $50 shipping usually :’(

#230 aliquotiens, Mar 26, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    11. I'm definitely concerned about the shipping and fees but I'm enjoying buying things from abroad. There's so many beautiful things out there :D

12. There are not much BJD-related stuff from where I come from, and none that I was interested in.

But I do get most of my crafting supplies within my country and I got a sofa and two chairs at a garage sale, a bit too big for my dolls, but the price was so good and I did not have to pay extra for shipping and taxes, so it was definitely a difference I was willing to live with. Plus, I'm sure that if I make a few cushions to "fill" the seat, the difference would be even less noticeable.

13. I try to look in my country first, mostly because I'm impatient and the shipping will be fastest that way. If I can support a small business within my budget that's always good too. But I'm not opposed to ordering from anywhere specific flat out, I just want to consider my options.

14. No, because everyone counts in the tax fees they had to pay and the shipping cost too... and apparently the fact that they had to exchange a few emails with the duty office (they think of themselevs as the highest-paid clerks, I guess) and the final price is plain ridiculous. Like, sometimes more than a double of the original which can cheaply and easily (without the said taxes) be purchased brand new from a company. Sellers from abroad (even other European countries where they also pay insane taxes) are never so stingy ;) And yes yes, I should never poop into my own nest, but I also have to be honest... That being said, I love the international sales and purchases and I have gotten to talk to many kind people from all parts of the worlds thanks to it!

15. I prefer to order in my own country because shipping is cheaper, faster and fraught with less anxiety for me. Right now, buying overseas is anxiety inducing. I am waiting on a doll that shipped several weeks ago express that hasn't moved and they didn't insure her which has me in a panic because she cost me almost 3 grand :( I don't want to go through this again, it is so stressful. I am trying to remain positive that the doll will arrive eventually, but to have that kind of money floating around at the mercy of the various carriers with no information is something that is causing me to lose sleep.
      Smaller, cheaper things like outfits etc I will buy from wherever, but expensive dolls...I won't buy overseas again unless the seller is willing to insure fully and send DHL express (of course I would pay whatever the cost is for the peace of mind and faster delivery) otherwise I will save my money and wait.

16. Not a chance. I like ordering from the company, and I haven't seen any US doll maker who appeals to me. But I'm not specific to a country, I have dolls from China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, and Russia.

17. I currently live in Korea so I have stuck to buying from Korean companies and dealers at the moment. Very minimal shipping costs and wait time! Luckily there are so many companies based in Korea. The same cannot be said for my home country of Canada. So I'm trying to take advantage before I leave and am doomed to pay shipping, customs, and deal with an unfavorable exchange rates on everything. I plan to buy lots now and buy infrequently when back in Canada.

18. I prefer to order my doll from places like Denver Doll which sometimes have dolls I like in stock which mean that I get them faster. But there are times where the doll is from an artist on Esty or like a head I recently bought from Alice's Collections, I believe they are located in Asia, that come from out of country only, as well as trades and second hand purchases. For clothes and materials I don't mind where I purchase them as long as they arrive in good condition. I don't think I have had to pay for customs on a few small packages that I got from out of the country.

19. I have only ordered from inside the USA, much easier in my opinion. In the future there will definitely be out of country orders I'm going to place. Shipping is what gets ya!

20. I've never ordered outside of China partly because I can buy almost everything I want from Chinese companies and artists, partly because it's more expensive and takes longer to order overseas. But I have my eyes on several dolls made by Japanese and Korean companies and I totally see myself making orders when the time is right.