1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you try to order within your own country?

Feb 26, 2015

1. I try to buy clothes for yosd within the country I currently live, but they are much more expensive than my home country, so I give up. Even shipping by ems from my home country is more cheaper.

2. I get almost all of my doll stuff from Etsy, so it's usually small business owners anyway. For shipping cost reasons I try to buy from shops located in my country. As of late, I have been buying clothing items from different countries but small businesses around the world need love too!

3. I prefer to, as much as possible, order within the country and i'm glad we have a local fb bjd group that I can rely on this. It just saves so much time, money, and sparing you from customs anxiety as well. I try to look for people who cater to bulk orders so I could dive in and get my orders be placed. But if all else fails, I just browse online shops where I can buy either a clothing or accessory that I want for my doll, still though I try to order in a national online shop.

4. I try within my country first, I have no patience in waiting for shipping.

5. I am really big on staying within my country only for the peace of mind. I also try to stay within my country for environmental reasons (fuel used in transport). However, I have noticed on sites such as Etsy, most doll related sellers are across the world and I have folded to purchase from them. That being said, it's always the international purchases that give me shipping headaches. Yay for packages sitting in customs for ages, or $2 hair clips needing a signature...

6. Unfortunately to my knowledge there isn't much of an Australian market for bjds, though I am pretty new to the hobby so I might have just not found them yet!

7. I do tend to want to order from my own country however. i do love ACBJD I'M not sure where their base is but their just so pleasant and professional. also aside from Denverdoll i don't really go to any other sites for bjds except fore dolkus and legend doll though i've never ordered from either. i kinda figure that whichever i order from it probably won't get to me any sooner ya know

8. I try to buy from my own country as much as possible (U.S) because I don't want to wait for shipping. I'll buy from other countries though if the price is much better or if I can't find someone from here who has what I want.

9. In Australia? Haha! No I don't put much effort into trying to, not if I'm actually hoping to find what I want.
      Occasionally I find Marketplace items from people in Australia. When that happens it's just really fortunate, but there's no point in deliberately trying to buy locally.

10. If I could buy from my own country I would but there isn't much from the UK unfortunately so I have to buy from elsewhere. I just don't like having to pay customs and expensive shipping.

11. I try to buy from my own company because i'm in England and our postal company likes to slap custom fees on everything. But, I find that most things are sold in US. I bought a dungaree set from the US for $25 and I received a £13 custom fee charge, so I basically paid double.

12. I try not to order from China anymore. I ordered a wig from an etsy shop a while back that definitely shipped, but apparently got lost in the mail on the way to USA. I don't want to ask the shop for a refund since it's not their fault, but at the same time I don't want it to happen again. So now I try to order stuff that's from the USA or Canada.

13. Sometimes. I’ll check the MP and I’ve ordered from both Doll Peddler and MOC but if something I want is only sold via another country, I don’t hesitate to buy it. When I first ordered smaller dolls it was from Japan through a shopping service pre-2000 so I don’t hesitate to order that way now if something is Japan-only.

14. I don't have any BJD stores here, not even online.i wish there was some. i only buy dolls from companies.

15. I don't really care one way or another. If they happen to be in the US, cool! If not, that's fine. Sometimes shipping ends up being a bit pricey, but that's not really the seller's fault. I actually really like how global everything is in this hobby. I currently have packages on their way to me coming all the way from China, Russia, France, Poland, Ukraine, and even The Philippines!

16. ouch that's a steep fee! I've only bought one (rare) thing from America as I know the rule is you ALWAYS get customs fees for anything from the US. China is a bit hit and miss with customs - sometimes you will but often not, so it's worth the risk IMO

that's what put me off buying from etsy too - although I had no problem resolving the issue as the seller was happy to help, it did take a long time! My parcel had made it all the way from Taiwan (I think it was) to the UK - and then it got lost! Even though it had been lost in my country, only the seller could resolve the issue according to the rule book. So she had to raise it first with her post office in her country, and then they communicated with my post office in the UK - and eventually I got my parcel!

17. It would be fantastic to be able to just order within my country :’) but this is such an obscure hobby and I find even more so in Aus... I would never be able to find things to buy :’) occasionally a few things pop up here and there but most of the time I have to import to get anything nice!

18. It’s a little hard to buy within the US though, for the only large company that’s actually settled here is Volks, and the smaller businesses may not have as good quality as big companies. :( I don’t mind buying from outside the country I just hate the wait time for my packages when they ship out from alllllll the way across the world.

19. Oh..... I can tell you how lucky I am by reading the threads here. I live in Korea so I can easily get things for my doll.....

20. Usually that's what I try first, but only for the sake of shipping times.

I've ordered plenty of things from China and Korea, I just don't like waiting that long because I'm impatient. "I'm impatient" is also why I've learned how to do faceups (rather than wait for a faceup artist with some better materials/skills to do it) and sew my own dolls' clothes.