1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do your dolls have their own clothes?

Jun 24, 2022

1. Hi! I was wondering how you organize your dolls clothes. Talking of dolls of same size, does each one have his/her own clothes or they borrow clothes from one another? Just curious :3nodding:

2. My dolls all have their own clothes, I keep each one's wardrobe in those clear vinyl bags that comforters and sheets come in! Probably a little unnecessary, but they each have their own styles, so I like keeping it all separate. :3nodding:

3. Ah what a complicated question! First off one of my fixations is a perpetual reorganizing of all their stuff.. but basically:
      It varies between some dolls have almost only their own wardrobe, and some share most of it from time to time. It depends on factors like if their body is very unique to them and if their fashion sense is extremely specific. I have fashion styles I gravitate towards and body shapes and sizes I really like best so there is a lot of opportunities to share. However what happens most realistically is that I tend to buy and make clothes for a specific character and it's kind of technically owned by one doll but they share on occasion.

4. Each doll has its own wardrobe, which is character specific, and I have some pieces that are shared (like regular black pants, socks and the like) :3nodding:

5. Each doll has got its own clothes. I might swap something for a certain photo shoot, but apart from that, each of them has got her or his clothes, footwear and smaller items. It makes it more personal, I guess. Every one of them is an individual.

6. The only dolls I have that share clothes are my tiniest ones - my pukipuki ante and my dollzone momo. I like to build my own ‘full sets’ and I have some dolls that just stay in their full sets once I’ve finished them.

7. Everybody has their own clothes. Most of them only have one outfit too. I don't like changing them much.

8. Thanks everybody for your reply! That's what I was thinking too: each doll is an individual and deserves stuff on his/her own!

9. Dolls of the same size share clothing.
      A few of my dolls are, for me, unique so have personal wardrobes.

10. Most of the clothes are made specifically for one doll, the only things that are shared is shoes and some standard things like scarves, bags, plain T-shirts or underskirts.

11. I love to have each fullset inside small boxes . So every doll have their owns . I think like this is better .

12. Right now, I have everything in three clear plastic drawers labelled Big Clothes (70cm+), Small Clothes (60cm) and Girl Clothes, with a fourth drawer for misc accessories. I ordered some doll-size hangers and a tension rod to set up some hanging space in a cabinet, though, because as the drawers fill up it is harder to keep things from wrinkling. My dolls do have some individual items unique to their characters, but many are shared. I don't feel the need to separate things per doll. Only one guy in this house would wear a leather jacket, only one guy would wear a sweater vest, but a white or black button-up shirt or a grey beanie might get passed around.

13. Yes! I am very big into organization and keeping personal spaces neat, clean and split up by person, and the same goes for my dolls. I have a chest of drawers in my spare room that holds shoe box sized plastic tubs for each of the dolls (although Bren's is about twice that size because he's a spoiled brat, and I have more dolls than space in the chest of drawers, so the extra tubs go in the closet). I keep a spread sheet to track what each dolls owns: they must have at bare minimum one wig, one pair of eyes, 10 tops/dresses, 3 bottoms, 2 pairs of shoes, one pair/set of underwear, 3 accessories, a pair of socks and one piece of outerwear (coat, jacket, cardigan, etc). They can have more, but must meet these basics without sharing anything. Sometimes, they do borrow from each other, but only if it's a basic item that isn't obviously shared (like a plain black tshirt or white tank top) or something they would share in character (Cooper likes to steal Bren's clothes and accessories). When I had fashion dolls growing up, they all shared the suitcase of clothes I had for them, but I think the individual wardrobes began with my first and second BJD. For Christmas one year, a friend gave each of them a gift, and at that moment it was just like...this suit belongs to Amir. This shirt belongs to Loki. And it all just grew from there!

14. Depends!

Basics definitely get shared. Everyone is the same size, so everyone gets the same selection of tees, tanks, etc.

Shoes... share a bit. Mostly a pair of floral boots I have, since the height seems to make it easier to compensate for differences in foot length and such.

Other stuff is more fitted to a doll's style, and those vary a lot so it's harder to find pieces that work when shared. Butch gal Beryl and my one boy Ara may share most of their wardrobe, for example, but they probably won't be dressed in Tian Ni's hanfu or Nova's kitschy, "grandma made it for me" skirts. Then again, Nova and Tian Ni probably won't be sharing, either.

15. All of my MSD boys share clothing. None of them have characters, so I'm fine with mix and matching clothes for them. My Yosd's share some pieces of clothing, but my Myou Nina has pieces that are only for her. My SD boys have their own clothes each and my largest doll, my Spiritdoll Gardenia, has her own clothes (since she's 1/2 scale, she can't share with my other dolls).

16. Each of my dolls has their own outfit that is "theirs." Just how I am. They're each a character, who dresses differently, so it makes sense to me.

17. I'm going to be the weird minority; everyone shares. There are many items I have bought for specific characters, it's true, but I like to change my dolls' outfits, so they shift with my mood. Dressing them is a big part of the experience for me; there's something satisfying about seeing that outfit you worked to compile on a doll that clicks with you. Odd-sized dolls are the least likely to change due to lack of wardrobe- my big lads have one outfit apiece since EID-size clothes are expensive.

Clothes are expensive in general, for dolls or humans. I like finding multi-purpose pieces that I know more than one of my dolls will wear, which allows the more specific ones to feel 'special'.

18. I organise my doll clothes by size and gender of doll, in boxes, like this (middle shelf):
      [​IMG]

Each doll has their own clothes, to a greater or lesser extent, then there are the general clothes for that size of doll that haven't been claimed by a particular doll so can be worn by whoever has the need for them for a given occasion.

Stuff like petticoats and other underclothes are more generic and kept as a shared stock rather than specific petticoats for specific dolls - although some feel more entitled to them than others as they claim there ae never enough to go around:
      [​IMG]

And prompted me to go on a sewing spree to stock up on more of nthem last year:
      [​IMG]

Clothes in the household are also often shared between doll types (I have a house full of dolls of all sorts, not just BJD, and a lot of them are similar enough in size to share clothes). But yes, almost all of my dolls have clothes that are theirs alone, rgardless of whether they're occasionally borrowed by their siblings, but they're mostly (coupel of exceptions) all kept together in boxes according to the size of doll.

Teddy

19. Oh wow Teddy! That’s what I call organised! I try to keep mine tidy in binders and boxes but I think you’ve got me beat!

Yeah like others say, it depends what size the clothes are, since most of mine tend to be a similar size they can share. Unless a piece is particularly deemed ‘this doll’s’ it’s free real estate.

20. They all share. In a perfect world I’d have perfectly tailored full wardrobes for each of them, but I usually end up buying another doll with the money instead. lol oops