1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DoD Gender Bending...

Jun 18, 2006

1. it's such a nusiance that DoD doesn't switch genders, when I feel that some of their boys are rather feminine looking (which I actually like in male dolls, but I'm interested more in a girl doll right now) and would look darling as a girl. But that's just a segue into what I was going to say (I've been dying to use the word segue XD) which was that I feel like if I were to buy the head of a boy doll and a girl's body, I'd still kinda feel ripped off because of the fact that zee boy doll originally comes with a nice bag and eyes and a wig, but the head and body come with nuttin'.

So anyway, that's just my whine-fest...does anyone know why they no longer switch genders? Thanks :D

2. most likely because they got to many people who wanted to switch bodies
      and hardly any company's switch bodies anyway

3. makes sense. But they DO switch the tender zen's body...>.< hmmm...

thanks for the response :)

4. I guess they only do ten zen because it was part of the orginal idea
      none of the other dolls ever had the option of gender switching but they might have done it at times(when they were less buzy)

5. I asked the webmaster about switching a Tender Bee-A onto a boy's body once, and he said he could check the availability for me.

I would e-mail them and *ask*.

6. I asked the webmaster about switching a Tender Bee-A onto a boy's body once, and he said he could check the availability for me.

I would e-mail them and *ask*.

7. I've emailed them with the idea before but I don't think they're really too keen with it right at this point.

The best thing I could think of is to find someone who's ordering a girl and see if they would happen to want to switch boy bodies with you. I'm trying to figure that out for my Yen girl that I want.

Good luck though :)

8. You could always buy the boy you want and trade bodies here on DOA?
      But That's just a suggestion. I see a lot of bodies floating around the marketplace >.>

9. If you buy a head and body as parts, the do come with eyes and a bag. At least they did when I built my T. Too girl last year. They even assembled her for me before shipping.

10. Glyndon, did they really do that? I've heard about them doing that for you but when I emailed to ask them, they told me that they didn't. Am I missing something here?

11. ah, thanks for all the replies, they're really helpful :) I thought this board died XD

12. they MIGHT trow in extra's
      but not always, so don't expect anything else, maybe you get lucky

13. "Dear Molly,

Could you please order YEN and email us saying you want girl body with it?
      That way is better ^^ and you will get accessories as well.

Thanks
      DOD"

Oh WOW! Does that mean that they actually do it now? They'll send the boy head with a girl body, along with the bag, eyes, etc? oooo...anyone have any comments about this?

14. Necroing for relevance.

Any idea if they do gender swap or not?

15. I ordered my doll as option parts because I wanted to do a gender swap. They assembled for me, gave me eyes, and gave me a set of option hands, and she came in the normal DOT box with the little booklet and everything. (No wig, though.) It was actually pretty nice. o_o I didn't mind not getting a wig because I wouldn't have used any of the DOT default wigs anyway.

16. I would just do that, but Ducan doesn't have an option part head (and I'm a bit pratial to that wig he has. I'll probably e-mail them eventually to see just in case. (I don't want to go through the hassle of finding someone to do a split and all that.)

17. Pulling this back up once more. I'm still trying to figure out if the do swap genders. I can't seem to get a reply from emails, so anyone know for sure?

18. It's worth a shot. :)

Make sure you post the answer.

19. Whoops; Double post. ><;;

20. Oh I will. I just hope DOD will be all, email! You shall be answered now. ><