1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Limit Your Creativity?

Feb 9, 2010

1. I think my creativity is limited because I have a boy and I want to put him in girl clothes, but I'm afraid that if I do and people I think see they will automatically assume that I'm trying to do something against what is normal and they would almost like banish me from society. Yeah, I know that won't happen but it's still what I feel would happen. And I do know that that is just my mind taking things to extremes.

I find it almost saddening to dee that not many people I have seen on bjd sites don't dress their boys in dresses. I think it is absolutely adorable. I can't really wish it to stop because it is other peoples personal want on how to dress their dollies.

I do feel limited because of what might happen if I ever did that. I mean, I will probably do it anyways and just hide the dresses from friends.

2. I've seen lots of people dress their boys in girls clothes you could make it a part of his story maybe if that would make you feel more comfortable? X

3. i think you should do whatever you please. its your doll. dont let anyone limit you like that.

But for me.. the only thing that limits my creativity is my wallet and bank account. *takes wallet, turns upside down, shakes, sneezes from dust*

4. I dress many of my boy dolls in dresses, actually it took me two years to even get a boy that wore pants, and even longer to get a girl! I can also assure you I am not shunned from society and my friends are just fine with it, even if they tease me with it sometimes ;) I make fun of myself for it too! XD And I make fun of my friends and their manly manhunks just as much as they make fun of me and my frilly girlyboys. See it this way, you're spending so much money on these dolls, why shouldn't they be what makes you happy? And your friends, shouldn't they want to see you happy, even if they may think it's quirky to dress boys in girls clothes? And even if they joke about it or make a remark, it doesn't have to be meant as hurtful, most people just have to 'get it out' before they can accept that it just makes you happy even if it isn't their cup of tea. Accept that what is pretty and cute to you might be a bit weird to them, but it's not going to hurt either of you!

And hey, we're talking about dressing our lovely 500 dollar chunks of resin up in frilly clothes even though it has a miniscule resin penis and must thus be a boy. It's not so serious business, it's just playing, and I hope you will dress your boy the way you want to <3 Even if it's just because I agree with you, there are not enough cute frilly boys on the board! XD

5. Just adding my two cents here in that I do have a boy doll that dresses pretty much like Mana from Malice Mizer, alot of gothic lolita for him and really if you want to dress him that way do it. Personally Creativity is only limited if u allow it to be limited. After one friend told she never wanted to be my friend again and the other saying that she just hated to rp with me after rping for over 3years. it was a creative blow. I don't have a lot of close friends and they were to me very close so that was what limited my creativity but I realized after that that I was letting them hurt me by limiting myself, letting them dictate what I thought. I don't care what other people think, if I did i probably wouldn't have gotten into the hobby. So My thoughts are that if u have control over it then don't let someone else dictate what you like or think. Granted it makes it harder for those that are not adults to do things against their parents and those us that are too but its something that we all learn at differing ages on how to cope with it. Ok I think I rambled way to much now.

6. Firstly, my mom doesn't seem very interested in my dolls. She thinks they're neat but she never asked me about their characters, so I didn't really share with her.

Is you creativity limited by someone or something? Never. Only lack of funds will stop me and then I will save and save as I do.

Who or what limits your creativity? Why? Nobody ever. I only talk to a few people about my doll's personalities and traits and whatnot aside from those who rped the characters opposite them, so most people I know don't know much about my dolls, just their looks. My mom doesn't like tattooing, but she thinks Jaida's tats look good on her and she likes Andy's tiger too. The doll I think she will be most weirded-out by is Joel and that's because of his multiple piercings and tattoos. She doesn't like that whole package, but he isn't done yet so she's cool with him. And even if she doesn't like it, it's my doll so it doesn't matter. I paid for all my dolls and I paid for their customizing so I can do what I want. Of course I'm 24 so I'm entitled to have some freedoms. Oh, Joel and Andy both smoke but my mom doesn't know about that. It would probably bother her. She also doesn't know Joel's a cross-dresser when he feels like it. I'm not sure how she'd feel about that, honestly. She surprises me sometimes.

Edit: Forgot to add that I took some pictures of Jaida and since she's my pin-up girl she showed off some skin and my mom was shocked at that.

7. I'm limited by a budget considering I'm not the "main bead winner" in the family and only work PT outside and inside the home... my husband doesn't like it when I recieve too many doll things in the mail for example.

8. If it means anything, part of the reason I bought a boy is so that I can put him in both boy and girl clothes. I can't wait to make dresses to fit boy dolls. At first the boyfriend thought it was kind of weird, but then just figured "more bang for your buck" hahah

Though one of my first hands-on experiences with a bjd was with a lovely male doll in a dress so.... XD (blame Nightengale's Sparrow)

9. Some people just like boys clothes (even on girl dolls I own I still use pants and t-shirts). :) I mean you should feel free do whatever you like with your boys but if I ever had anyone trying to sneak a dress onto my guys I'd freak out, it's just sooo not in their character.

Just because there are people who don't do the cross dressing thing does not mean they are going to judge you, it actually really commonplace here on the forums and it doesn't bug me at all. Just order some nice dresses and doll them up (pun is SO intended) in the privacy of your room until you feel comfortable taking them outside. :)

10. Is you creativity limited by someone or something?
      Yeah
      Who or what limits your creativity? Why?
      sowing, I wish I could make clothes for them
      How do you feel about this and do you wish it to stop?
      I'm sad Its so hard for me to learn

11. Noone is limit my creativity. Sometimes i hear from my dad that my vampire dolls are diabolism. Sometimes my boyfriend doesn't accept when my girls in pants(not in skirts)...but i don't note this comments. I do with my dolls whatever i want.
      I think if someone is limiting you it means that he is afraid about you. That you can try on doll's image. You should just explain that is not happen.

12. The only limiter is time. Everything else is inspiration.

13. The only real thing limiting you is yourself. Or lack of money to do what you want to do.
      Generally I don't see how anyone would be able to limit your creativity. UNLESS you are too dependant on the oppinions of others.

14. My bank limits my creativity :( We never see eye to eye!

15. I don't think anything but my finances limit my creativity; my mother might object if I specifically state I put a doll in drag but again, she wouldn't bother to make me change that, most likely. They're my dolls in the end.

16. Nobody limits my creativity, but I don't give them the opportunity because I don't ask permission. I just do what I'm gonna do. If I don't give them the chance to tell me "no," they can't. If your mom limits you like that... stop asking permission and just do it, away from her and out of her sight. Then don't tell her about it. It's not her doll; she doesn't have to know.

17. Money is the main limiting factor. I also want to dress my boys in corsets and other frilly things because I have seen other male dolls look handsomely beautiful in them, but I'm scared to tell my boyfriend. I can't help but think they would look super cute ^_^ I'm sure my boyfriend would accept it, but I don't want him to be totally weirded out :sweat

18. Nope! My parents might object to my spending a chunk of change on a doll itself, but a doll's not going to sag with age or look "less classy" or contract hepatitis from a tattoo xD or get lung cancer from miniature fake cigarettes. And while I sometimes feel hemmed in here and there, I have been fortunate enough that my family has always been supportive of my writing--none of them really write, so they all treat me almost like some kind of magical creature for doing it. And my mom tells me I draw well even though I'm really just okay, and when I was in college, my dad shelled out some cash for my jewelry making.

So, no. My creativity has never been limited. I am very lucky.

19. Sometimes I feel limited for awhile because I share part of my dolls story with someone and they don't like it. Maybe they feel it is stupid or not original enough. Then for a moment I second guess myself and I feel a little squashed creatively by that. But in this situation it is my own fault for taking it to heart. It's what I want for my creative endeavor so if I really love it and I'm satisfied with it then I have to go with it!