1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your BJD replace someone you’ve lost?

Jun 12, 2012

1. I purchased a doll right before my grandma passed away. He arrived the day after...so he's my last christmas present from her.

2. I didn't lose a person but last year I had a dear siamese kitten named Monkey. One day she vanished. She was my precious kitty. Of her siblings she was the one to let me pick her up and love on her. A couple months ago i acquired a Souldoll Aku in the siamese coloring. I named her Monkey in her honor.

3. A doll could never replace someone - in fact, another human couldn't ever 'replace' someone. Could they create their own unique place in your heart and attention? Yes, of course. I've lost somebody who was once very close to me - it wasn't through death, but through unusual and difficult circumstances. Not long after this I bought Neeko. Neeko isn't meant to be an embodiment of that person, nor is he meant to take up their role in my life. What he will be to me is something I got for myself and a source of positive energy and drive.

4. A while back I made the decision to not run out and adopt another cat when my 21 year old Jas passed away. Then I lost 2 more old lady cats and realized, it was only going to happen again, so now we only have ONE cat at a time and my dolls fill that empty space in a way. Silly but there you go. My guess is that's why dolls were invented. To have fill a physical space, not a heart space. Hard to explain, but empty arms and empty eyes long for something to rest on.

5. I have been thinking about this. I have lost 2 of my friends. But I don´t think I would bare it to see my friends as dolls. I possible would question them: why? what happened? Where you happy in end? But enough dark thoughts. I´m not dolling my friends but I found doll face that looks like one on my friend and I´m possible buying it. I am dolling one on my other rp character when I have money. That rp character have something that reminds of my friend and so that doll will.

6. Well, my dolls haven't replaced any friends, they're more like stand ins. I don't have many friends as it is. I grew up with dang near no one as a friend. I grew up being teased and tormented, so I created a best friend. So the dolls stand in for people. I can count on the doll to be there when I can't count on anyone else. But when I get older, they'll have to go too, as I have no one to leave them too. No siblings, no husband, no kids.