1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolk Company Reviews

Aug 10, 2010

1. * What did you order? Crobidoll Limited Mikhail
      * When did you order? May 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dolk is an official Dealer of Crobidoll.
      * How was the communication? Excellent. Everything was perfectly understood. They replied very quickly to my inquiries.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very. Very much so, as I used paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Only a few days after I made my last layaway payment :).
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. He's gorgeous! :aheartbea
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? He is a very loosely strung, but I have to take that up with Crobidoll.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?N/A

2. What did you order?
      Kyul with B line Type B
      When did you order?
      07/23/2012
      How was the communication?
      Nice and quick reply
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy via Paypal
      How long did it take to ship?
      About 1 week
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Very Nice, They are professional ^^b
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Very Beautiful , He just so gorgeous.
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A
      Would you order from this company again?
      Yes.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      N/A

3. * What did you order? Dollpamm Ice Arubi Full Set
      * When did you order? June 23rd 2015
      * How was the communication? Communication was good, though I'd take into consideration the time difference, it may take them a while to respond and they are not open weekends.
      * How easy was it to pay? It was very easy they give you they're paypal address and you pay right away
      * How long did it take to ship? It shipped immediately when it got to me.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? There were none.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? Any issues I had they addressed immediately.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes. Gladly.

4. * What did you order?
      Bunny Nine Maple
      * When did you order?
      September 20th 2015
      * How was the communication? Very good! They replied to all my emails and even were kind enough to change the skin color when I asked them too!
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy! I just used paypal to pay them for my layaway.
      * How long did it take to ship? 11/23/15 I payed off my doll completely a few days before.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? She is gorgeous in person and it was worth the wait! The shipping was also very fast.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? For the most part yes, but it has nothing to do with dolk. They packaged it very well and it arrived in perfect condition. The shipping came in a day early!
      * Would you order from this company again?
      Absolutely! I have a 2nd doll on layaway again.

5. ★ What did you order?
      LUTS Kid Delf Bory
      ★ When did you order?
      August 19, 2015
      ★ How was the communication?
      Very prompt replies!
      ★ How easy was it to pay?
      Easy. With Paypal
      ★ How long did it take to ship?
      About 3-4 months from my first layaway payment. When I did my last payment, they shipped out my package immediately.
      ★ Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes! My doll was very much worth the price (pertains more to Luts). Also Dolk had very quality customer service ^^
      ★ Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      He did. My doll is absolutely gorgeous <3 (again, pertains more to Luts)
      Yes. However Dolk did forget to include an item that I had added to my layaway. The item was from a company other than Luts. Since it was a cheap clothing item, I'm not too upset about it.
      They responded about the missing item and I'm waiting for them to follow up on it.
      Absolutely! I have another doll on layaway now. However, I wouldn't add any extra items to my layaway in the future.

#5 mirrorcle_world, Dec 14, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    6. * What did you order?

Fairyland Rendia, fairyland moe line high heel feet, one pair of Mako eyes and one Crobidoll wig.

* When did you order?

06/17/2016

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?

Dolk is an official Dealer of these items.

* How was the communication?

Excellent. Britz is really helpful and kind, they replied very quickly.

* How easy was it to pay?

Easy with paypal
      * How long did it take to ship?

They shipped my package before I finished my layaway plan. One month before my last payment. They include in the package even a photo of the items that they shipped me.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

Yes. I love everything

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?

Yes! I know that Fairyland dolls have many sand lines so I was prepared. Excellent quality for Mako eyes and the crobidoll wig it's a little greasy but beautiful.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

N/A

Yes. I like that I can do layaway with company that didn't offer it on their website. (but, for other Italians: I paid high customs even if the price wasn't the real one)

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

N/A

7. What did you order?
      2 wigs, a pair of shoes, and a carrybag

When did you order?
      6-15-2016

Meh, it takes them about 2 days by email to answer you back. The average business reply within 72 hours.

How easy was it to pay?
      It was easy to pay when you first checkout. But if something changes in your order they will email you the difference with their paypal address.

I think it was less then at week.

Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      Missing a wig. Never told me it was out of stock like the shoes...

If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?

Okay so in the beginning after a week or so, they told me that the shoes that I orginally ordered where sold out. So either I get my money back or choose another item on their website. I was a bit disspointed so I ordered another pair of SD shoes that would fit my character when he ships out. Then a about 5 weeks roll by and they ask me since order weight was different that I needed to pay the extra so I did. Then finally when my package arrived the box was dented which was no sweat just wigs, shoes, and a carrybag. But once I got home and opened my package no long SD wig that I ordered. What the hell? I checked the website and it says "out of stock." I got no email like when I had the shoes problem and then on top of that they charaged me extra. Pfff. I haven't emailed them about the missing item nor the extra charages.

Only if they sold Levi from Attack on Titan again or his clothes. Or some other character down in future that I have the money for and must buy. Otherwise No! No! No! Next time I'll just order from the company direct or hmmm someone else that's a party in the middle. Like DDE, or MoC, or Alice Collection.

8. * What did you order? Nobility Doll/ Distant Memory - Sunho with Jointed hands

* When did you order? March 2017

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dolk is an official Dealer of Nobility Doll.

Poor - took them days to reply if they replied at all, however they were very quick to reply after I had made payments to let me know how much I had remaining, so why they couldn't acknowledge my other messages I do not know..

Very easy

Only a few days once i'd paid in full.

Very much. I would buy from Nobility doll again without hesitate, however never again from Dolks.

Yes

With the product yes, with the service no.

It was all going smoothly until i accidentally paid the last three payments, in bulk, in NZ instead of USD. I understand that it was my fault, to begin with, but It was an easy mistake and should have been an easy fix. I apologized and asked Dolks how they would like me to fix it, to either pay the difference in USD or refund the payment and sent it all in USD as it should have been. Days passed an no reply and by this time i was worrying. I sent a couple other emails, more days passed and still nothing. Im sure anyone in my shoes at the time would now be worrying. I decided out of good faith that id send the payment again but in USD hoping that they would THEN refund the payment, but again radio silence.
      It took over a week from the USD payment was made and was only when I publicly put this on their FB that they actually spoke to me about it and said they would refund the money... a promise that was quick to be broken. More days pass and again i have to publicly contact them on FB and again they said they would do it, again days passed and still nothing.
      What didn't help is that the payment was taken from my credit card, without my authority, and so with every day that passed i was being penalised which made the refund that much more urgent.
      Long story short i honestly thought i wouldn't see the payment as they would then reply to me about every other question and pretend like they didn't understand when i asked them about the overpayment. I cannot tell you how stressful this was and because of their lack of communication and the awful way they handled this i would never buy from them again. It was sad to know too, that when I spoke to them publically (something I hate to do as they are a business and have a reputation) but others came forward to say they too were having problems with Dolks. I can only hope they resolved them is well.

Certainly not

N/A

#8 Kentarin D'Ley, Jun 11, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    9. What did you order?
      PICASSO Cocoa skin <2015Autumn> - in stock item.
      When did you order?
      At first it was nice and quick even with the time difference. Everything went smooth until I made my last payment (it was layaway). Like always I sent a message to them, but for three weeks there was no single answer from them (though I sent them 2 more mails). This made me really angry. Consumer service failed and this made me disappointed, because it was always great dealing with Japanese companies. When I wanted to send them another message I saw an e-mail from Dolk with my tracking number written in a polite way like earlier, but like nothing had happened. Not to mention that my package was already in my country when I was finally able to track it.
      How easy was it to pay?
      PayPal like always.
      They have information on their site that in-stock items need around one week to be send, I've been waiting three and a half week. What took them so long...
      Yes, Dearmine dolls are great ^^
      Even better.
      Yes.
      -
      At first I wanted to write "no", but all in all everything went well. Maybe I'll give them another chance in the future (hope they will work a bit on their communication with clients), or I will just visit one of their stores.
      -

10. What did you order?
      I've placed two orders through Dolk so far; IoS Sebastian Michaelis and IoS Grell Sutcliff Character Dolls.
      When did you order?
      Dec. 2015 and Dec. 2016
      Very good, I always received a friendly and prompt reply to my inquiries.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy via Paypal.
      9-10 months, which was expected due to the production time of both pieces.
      Yes!
      Yes, exactly like the sales photos.
      Definitely ^__^
      N/A
      Yep!
      N/A

11. * What did you order?
      Crobi Doll Yeon Ho, two wigs, one shirt, one pair of boots

* When did you order?
      I made my order on August 30, 2017.

It was fairly lacking in terms of promptness, but the friendliness of the customer service was great. I found myself sending multiple e-mails in order to get a reply because I would not receive any confirmation when I was making my payments. I do not expect instant replies and I understand that there may be holidays, but sometimes it took a few weeks or a month to hear anything regarding whether my payment was successfully received. It just felt a bit concerning.

I sent my layaway payments easily through PayPal.

I received my doll and the other items on February 5, 2018 due to manufacturing delays.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      No, everything was perfectly fine!

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      Nothing went wrong with my order.

I did make another order, but I am currently waiting for it to arrive before I make a final decision for this! As of right now, I do not see myself purchasing through Dolk after my second purchase arrives. I felt as if I spent more effort than necessary just to confirm receipt of my payments.

12. * What did you order? Ringdoll kylin and Angell studio shoes, both meant to be in stock.
      * When did you order? December 5th 2017 on layaway
      When i first placed my order i sent a message asking them to confirm that the doll was available, they confirmed and communication was great until i paid off my order. when i paid it off they started getting slow. when i brought up my issues they went completely down hill. they were blaming the dolls maker on the delay. im still arguing with them about my shipping refund atm.
      * How easy was it to pay? it was a bit confusing at first because they had two different paypals listed but it wasnt too hard.
      * How long did it take to ship? I paid my final payment on the 29th of march, was told that it was shipped on the 3rd of april but the tracking didnt get active until the 6th . it arrived on the 10th missing my doll.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? The doll i bought was missing .
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? I contacted them asking why my doll was missing , especially because they didn't tell me they would only be shipping the shoes. the shipping confirmation emails all told me that my order was shipped, not just part of the order. i contacted them the day it arrived and they told me they need to check with the maker of the doll why there was a delay . i was worried but they reassured me everything was fine and i would get my doll safely.

it took a day or two but then they finally told me. they had accidentally sold my doll to someone else. after 5 months of reassuring me that this doll would be mine. there was no point arguing so i told them to refund me , which they did for only the cost of the doll. i'm currently fighting for them with my shipping cost. i am out a lot of time, effort and money because of them . i cant file a proper paypal claim because they posted the shoes so there is proof of shipping. i feel like they planned this so i cant properly complain.

i'm also missing a pair of eyes from another order that was shipped separately for some reason.
      Never in my life not even if you paid me. this company is absolutely terrible. they event went as far as releasing the name of the customer who the doll that was meant for me went to.

13. * What did you order?
      I ordered a Granado Uranus the Samurai, in-stock.

* When did you order?
      January, 2017. It was a layaway order, paid off by March 2017.

Awful, unfortunately.

They were quick to confirm all payments, including the final. At the time, the website indicated that in-stock items would ship within 3 days of payment. I first contacted them 2 weeks after the final payment to request an update. I was repeatedly given answers indicating that my package would be shipped "tomorrow," or telling me they would get it sent right away, until I eventually requested a refund a month later.

Even after I requested that my order be cancelled, Dolk continued to insist that they would send my package soon. They only shipped the package after I opened a Paypal dispute -- at which point I had already told them that I did not want it, as I simply wished the transaction over. The Dolk agent and I both agreed that I would refuse the package on arrival, and they would refund my payments once the doll was returned. Although tracking indicated that Dolk received the package, they never contacted me again. In the end, Paypal settled in my favour and refunded my payments.

Along the way, I received some half-apologies from the customer service agent, but each was laced with comments implying that I was somehow at fault, and that I had "no heart" when I finally requested a refund.

At one point, the Dolk agent said they would offer free shipping to make up for the mistake, but only if I closed the Paypal dispute. Had I agreed, I would have been left without the option to reopen, and no further protection from Paypal. I felt like that was a very shady move on Dolk's part. If they wanted to make up for their mistake, they could have made the offer with no strings attached, allowing me to drop the dispute after receipt. I felt like they were intentionally trying to convince me to waive any protection from Paypal, and that solidified my decision not to accept the package.

Payments were easy. I used Paypal, and all payments were made manually.

Over 4 weeks

N/A

N/A

N/A -- I did not accept the delivery and the item was returned.

They did not. Fortunately, Paypal solved the problem by refunding my payments when Dolk would not.

Absolutely not. I feel fortunate that I was able to get my money back, thanks to Paypal, but I would not push my luck with another attempt. I would not have had a problem with the delays if I had been given honest answers, or if the customer service agent had remained professional. The dishonesty and rude replies were enough to ensure I would never deal with Dolk again.

N/A

14. * What did you order?
      Beyours Primrose
      * When did you order?
      December 14th 2017
      Terrible. They forgot my order several times and I would have to push for up to a week just to get a response.
      Fairly easy, but due to a "broken email" they danded I pay a second time.
      About two months after I ordered
      Her hands were broken. Still no replacement

Many, they forgot about me several times. It's been almost two months since she arrived broken and I had to give them my information 4 times. Still no hands.

When pigs fly.

15. * What did you order?
      Dollism Plus Tokyo 2017 Waseon

* When did you order?
      October 13, 2017

As previously mentioned, it took a while to get replies. I had to reach out to Dolk on DoA because my e-mails would usually go unanswered.

I used a six month layaway and sent my payments through PayPal.

It was never shipped to me. I finished paying my layaway in mid March and learned in mid April that it had already been bought by someone else. I also received an e-mail stating my order had been shipped before I even finished paying for the layaway. The reason for this was never clearly stated.

I never received anything.

I received my refund after I sent in a PayPal dispute. I did not receive the limited edition doll (almost $1,600 with shipping included) I had ordered and I also lost just shy of $21 due to PayPal fees after the refund was complete. It's not a huge amount, but in the end I did lose money for absolutely nothing. Waseon is my male grail so that made this order more disappointing.

No, I will not return. Dolk could have been a great site to order from due to their large selection of items and layaway options, but I cannot go back for a third order after what has happened.

16. What did you order?
      Granado Michael fullset

* When did you order?
      January, 2018

Horrible. Sometimes they never responded. Hoping my most recent inquiry gets a response.

Very easy. I noticed they were quick to respond about payment, but nothing else.

After over a month of unanswered inquiries, they finally told me it would ship in 2-4 days. It shipped two weeks after that.

The wig was included, but not the clothing. I have opened an inquiry.

The clothing is missing. I opened an inquiry today. I will report back if and when I get a response.

It is entirely dependent on how they handle the missing clothing issue.

Edit: There is a chance I was wrong about it being fullset. I really thought it was, but perhaps not. They responded to me quickly. If you need to get a hold of them, contact them through their Facebook page, not their email. There response is much more timely.

#16 SheepyPi, May 9, 2018
      Last edited: May 10, 2018
    17. What did you order?
      Evan
      When did you order?
      June 2017
      Nice and they always assisting me on my order
      How easy was it to pay?
      There's no problem with paying it through PayPal
      2 Weeks
      It's more than that I expect.
      Yes of course. He is more handsome in actual.
      Yes
      N/A
      Definitely. Actually, I have another one in the process.
      N/A

18. * What did you order?
      Granado Uriel fullset with extra limited edition outfit.

* When did you order?
      5/19/18 I put a down payment on the doll for a 3 month layaway.

They were really quick to thank me for the money and to confirm the doll was in stock.

Super easy. Thank god they use PayPal.

It didn't ship cause it wasn't in stock like the page said it was.

On 5/27/18 I paid the layaway off and they were quick getting back to me saying my doll would ship soon and I'd receive a EMS tracking number shortly.
      On 5/28/18 I got an email saying my doll was sold to someone else but they might have another Uriel instock soon.
      On 5/29/18 They offered me a completely different doll and I told them I wanted a full refund or I would open a PayPal dispute. They are supposedly processing my refund.

I also emailed Granando to let them know what was going on. Granado suggested I try to talking to dolkus about getting a refund and if that didn't work try the PayPal dispute. They are looking into the complaint and have graciously offered me Uriel for the same price as dolkus. I can't believe they're doing that for me. :) I could cry, Uriel is the one that got away.

No way, no how. Not even if my life depended on it. I wish I had thought to look here before I order form dolkus.
      The reviews here speak for themselves. Order at your own peril.

I recommend people reaching out to the original doll companies to let them know what service issues you have had. The companies need to be aware of dolkus' s shoddy business practices.

Edit: dolkus gave me a full refund today 5/31/18
      I was able to order my Uriel from directly from Granado. Thanks to their kindness I'll have my doll :)

#18 Voodoo_ socks, May 30, 2018
      Last edited: May 31, 2018
    19. * What did you order? Dearmine Ares Red Riding Hood and Dearmine Carnival Storm (in stock)
      * When did you order? August 02 2018 and October 27 2018
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dolk is a dealer! XD
      * How was the communication? Originally Ares wasn't on their website, so I used their 'proxy' option to order him. Soon after I got an email from them asking if I wanted them to add the doll on to their site so I can purchase without a proxy. I said yes and a day later they told me I could order him and gave me the link! However, I had to email them each time to confirm payments (I had a 3 pay layaway) but they did response quickly. I paid Storm in full and got a payment confirmation very quickly. I think they're trying to improve their communication after all the horror stories I've heard.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, just used Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Storm was in stock and it took a week and a half for her to ship (which is about the turn around time stated on their website). Ares took about three months and the Dolk agent apologized for the delay and showed me a pic of the doll to make sure everything was in order. He shipped the same time as Storm.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I only received Storm so far and she's beautiful! So she's worth the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I am mostly satisfied.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Nothing with Dolk, but the doll was strung too tightly. I'll have to fix that. Also with that fluffy dress, it was hard to get the tail in place, so I decided to not attach the tail, but it's a minor nitpick. 8D
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, but I would also like to try out other dealers as well as ordering straight from the company themselves.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Perhaps.

20. * What did you order? Asleep Eidolon - Mermaid Dione fullset in white skin
      * When did you order?
      Very early October 2018
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From Dolk Station Us.
      * How was the communication? Felt a bit on the slow side for much of it, terribly slow in the amount of time it took to process the order.
      * How easy was it to pay? It wasn't hard to pay, but if defiantly felt a bit off in the way it was handled. They require you to transfer money to them via paypal.
      Well lets say it took them weeks to process the doll, which they supposedly sent out on Oct 21. Tracking didn't work till the 24th, and since the doll seems to have been in china for a month. On their site they have a "shipping information page" that says it will not take more then 2 weeks to receive your order.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? No idea, apparently my doll is still in China.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A
      * Were you satisfied with the product? N/A
      N/A getting info from customer service is a pain.
      No, likely not.
      I don't mind buying dolls from the companies they sell for second hand.