1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll carriers? What do you use?

Sep 26, 2004

1. Violin case? Coffin? Store-bought, or homemade?

2. No doll yet, but I would LOVE to have a violin case for carrying them. :D

3. Edit:

The Dollshe has his own white carrier.

60cm dolls go in a black Volks carrier.

MSD-sized dolls go in a Dollmore coffin backpack carrier.

Jynx (Elfdoll Min) has a miniature violin case carrier for use by other dolls. ^^

The bunny (8cm) has his own faux Vivienne Westwood carrier, also for use by other dolls.

All I'm missing is a proper carrier for my Petit Ai.

4. Oooh, I want a violin case too. My poor boys just have to deal with being shoved in a duffel bag with a blanket. When they go in the car I strap them into the front seat with the lap part of the belt and make any of my friends who are along for a ride sit in the backseat. *eg*

5. its its closeby around the house around campus? in my arms.

if longer? in his whtie ch bag =)

6. She fits in any of my bags, making sure nothing squashes her eyelashes and she'll be fine. I got to get that face mask thingy from Volks.

7. My to SD 's have travel Bags, my little MSD Serenati if short journey travels lol in my Bloomingdales, little brown bag, she likes it, she can see where we are going... but will buy her a proper case soon.... and Kai comes with a bag but not sure yet what it looks like. but hope to get a violin case in the future.

8. I carry them around in a Custom House carrier bag (white)

9. They go in their bag with the cushions. In the big bag I can easily carry the two big ones, and it's a litlle space for their dresses and wigs also.

I have a medium one for the minis, in the medium one can tryp a big one. So I choice between them each time we came out ^^

10. I really want to get a proper carry-bag for my boys, especially since I might probably be taking them on flights with me. >_< At the moment though, carrying one, I can just use my large beach-bag, and he has to sit scrunched up, but it works okay. Two, I can stick them into a Country Road bag, but I get very worried doing that and wrap them up heaps with about 3 or 4 of their pillows stuffed in there with them.

11. At the moment...pretty much everywhere in my arms. And, before I destroyed my car in a crash, they'd get buckled into the frint passengers' seat. Now...just in my arms.

But I plan on getting 1-2 Violin carrying cases for them! I'm not sure if I'll make them from actual violin cases, or if I'll buy them pre-made, but, I know I'll get them fairly soon - I hope.

12. I have the best violin case in the world cause it's shaped like a coffin! ^^
      Best ebay bid yet! Plush velvet lineing, fits her perfectly, all new hard where, and will protect her from rough bumps and such.

The only draw backs are, it's heavy after a while, only fits one doll, and the cover is UGLY! (I need to sand and repaint!)

http://anzwers.org/free/heatherp/pixie/story7.html

13. I got got a deep basket, padded it with box cusions, and sat my MSD in it. Then, I put a little blankie on it. If I wanted him visible, I'd let him sit up so he was showing a bit (but his head got bonked once and his wig brushed off when someone hugged me).

It was a pretty convenient way to carry a smaller doll.

14. I use custom house pink carrier bag for my two big dolls (both fit in the bag and some accesories ^^). And for the MSD an Ajumapama carrier bag (the one with the fashion fabric XD). I can carry two MSD on it but only have one for now :P

15. I bought Custome House Doll case..
      Very nice ,,, I stuffed it with cushions and laid my doll nicely in it :)

16. O_O

Where did you get it?!!

*flails*

I want one like that so so soso so so so bad!!!!!!!

O_O

Anyway... XD

Right now, little one is makeupless and in pieces in her box. (Don't ask. >_<)

But when in one piece, my arms.

17. I live in NYC - so when I go to the park (near my apartment) I just stick the doll inside a pillowcase and sit it in my tote bag. If I want to go in the subway or bus - then I use my Volks Doll Carrier. Of course if I fly with a doll I use the carrier and bring it on the plane with me.
      -Am

18. Hey, when you carry your dolls around with you to stores, movies, friends' houses, etc, HOW do you carry them? I've carried Hiro in a beach tote bag, but he hates it. I've thought about getting one of those "baby carriers" that you sling around your neck, or a backpack carrier. Or do you just carry him/her/them in a death grip in your arms the whole time while you're moving?

I did a brief search and found posts on airline and car travel, but not about just footin' it on a local trip from here to there. Sorry if this topic has been brought up before.

Linda S.
      galatia9

19. I either use a death grip or stuff him/her in a messenger bag. More often it's a death grip. :oops:

20. I have this wide rectangular tote bag made of sturdy white canvas. It has two lengthwise compartments, and each sits one doll comfortably without them having to jostle each other. ^_^ Four minis could sit, too, two in each side, with some care to protect their faces from being scratched by one another.