1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Chateau Product review

Jun 10, 2013

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. What did I order:
      I ordered a Doll Chateau Queena, one of their Kid dolls.

When did I order:

I ordered back in June of this year (2013), through a dealer.

Was the quality appropriate for the price?
      Absolutely. Her resin is thick and smooth, she's in perfect condition and she's gorgeous

Did the item look like a sales pictures?
      Yes! Exactly.

Were you
      satisfied with the product?
      Very much so, she's wonderful.

Positives and negatives:
      Positive: Her quality is unbelievably good, and she came in a very nice carrying/storing bag.
      Negative: Bit of a long wait period (approx. 90 days)

Would I buy more from the company?

For sure~ Not only would I be willing to, but I plan to as soon as I can.

3. * What did you order?
      Doll Chateau Adult Cyril blank

* When did you order?
      3rd June, 2011 - through Angelsque

Totally, yes. The resin is beautiful of high quality. The sculpt is gorgeous, I can't be happier.

Yup

Yup, I love him!

Everything was perfect, no negatives!

Yes, of course, I've already done it before and I'm planning to buy a new doll from them again for Christmas!

---

* What did you order?
      Doll Chateau Kid Alberta blank

* When did you order?
      14th December, 2011 - through Angelsque

Totally, yes. The resin is beautiful of high quality. The sculpt is gorgeous, I can't be happier.

Yup

Yup, she's simply fab!

Yes, of course, I've already done it before and I'm planning to buy a new doll from them again for Christmas!

---

* What did you order?
      Doll Chateau Youth Christina plus Stacy head blank

* When did you order?
      21th February, 2013 - through Angelsque

Totally, yes. The resin is beautiful of high quality. The sculpts are gorgeous, I can't be happier.

Yup

Yup, they're beautiful!

---

* What did you order?
      Doll Chateau Youth body 03

* When did you order?
      27th July, 2013 - through Angelsque

Yup

Yup

---

* What did you order?
      Doll Chateau Youth Thera

* When did you order?
      7th August, 2013 - here on mp

Yup

Yup, she's precious

4. What did you order?
      Doll Chateau Agatha, pink skin, blank
      When did you order?
      October 2013 (through DDE)
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes! Wonderful quality resin, absolutely beautiful color and sculpt.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Even better in person!
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very, like I said, the sculpt and resin is wonderful and she's even better in person.
      Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Positives: great sculpt, beautiful color and feel to the resin, nice weight (not too light or heavy, I don't feel like she's super fragile despite the thin limbs). I can't get over the sculpt, the body (K-07) is remarkable in its uniqueness, and even blank, the Agatha head is gorgeous.
      Negatives: The extra joints make it a little tricky to pose at first, but it's just a matter of working with the doll until you're familiar with how the body works. My Agatha did come VERY tightly strung, I was worried she would be damaged by 'popping' limbs and such. Nothing a fresh restringing won't fix though.
      Would you buy more from this company?
      I intend to, yes! Definitely.

5. * What did you order?

Christina - full set

* When did you order?

July - 2013 from MOC

Yes absolutely. The resin is very nice, the white color is white and not pinkish and the design is amazing.

Yes.

Very much yes. She's quite stunning in person! Tiny quibbles at best.

Positive
      - She's utterly gorgeous and the ingenious design and look of the body transcends the usual "human body" look of most dolls. She's basically a stylized art doll. The helmets are very nicely painted as well. She can stand really well and her skinniness doesn't lack in solidity. The sculpt has a very nuanced melancholic look that I love.

Negative - I'm not crazy about the faceup. The body comes very tightly strung. Since I have no experience restringing this is not the doll to start with. The magnets that hold the horn or round crown pieces to the helmet head part aren't strong and the design of putting the helmet on is.....complicated and could potentially scratch the head since the helmet points need to push low at a curve to the skull. I had some very experienced people at a meetup try to put them on and no one could do it. I figured out later but it's tricky. The helmets do not fit over the wig. It would be nice if you could purchase an extra wig or wefts to use for the complicated "helmet plus hair look" that they have a video for.

I just ordered Dolores last week and have future plans for Olivia, Alberta and Alma. So yes, definitely will be buying more from this company. There isn't another company out there that I can see myself buying more than one doll from.

6. What did you order?
      Doll Chateau Charles, Pink Skin, Blank

When did you order?
      Ordered on November 10 on layaway. Finished Paying December 3. He was shipped out December 28. I got the notice to pick him up from the post office on January 9.

Absolutely! Charles is actually one of their cheaper Kid dolls, but I'd say he was well worth the price of even the most expensive of their Kid dolls.

Exactly like it. :3

I can't say yes enough.

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product.
      (+) He's got absolutely no seamlines or imperfections in the resin. He's so flexible and poseable and he can stand really well given not only how tall and lanky he is, but even with the extra joints that should make it slightly more challenging than others.

(-) One thing I can comment tho is he's a bit too kicky/tightly strung, but I guess that's because of the extra joints.

In a heartbeat! And this is coming from a person who doesn't like the idea of having multiple dolls from the same company.

Have a picture from his box-opening~
      [​IMG]

7. What did you order?
      Bella
      When did you order?
      October 2013 through a dealer
      Yes! She's very nice and original, poses good and the resin is very smooth
      Yes
      Really satisfied
      Definitly!

8. What did I order:
      Mephist.Pheles (full doll) with Delores embossed torso

When did I order:

February 2015 from Jeeryama

Was the quality appropriate for the price?

Yes. Wonderful quality.

Did the item look like a sales pictures?

Yes.

Yes he is perfect

Positives and negatives:

Positive: Beautiful doll and extremely good quality. They did ship the wrong torso piece but when I contacted them they quickly sent the correct one and let me keep the other as a spare.

Would I buy more from the company?

Definitely. I would recommend them to anyone :)

9. * What did you order?
      Madeline on Katherine body for the smaller bust, plus Liz hands.
      * When did you order?
      March 21st - July 2nd Layaway
      Almost.
      Yes, if not a hint creamier than expected. Not a problem given the faceup I have planned.
      94% maybe.
      *Positives and negatives?
      The doll arrived with the wrong bust after I made a note of the alteration on both paypal payments and several times during the ordering process. The posing is horrendous and the joints are rough inside and don't move smoothly. The joints, especially elbows, pop over each other and moving the torso can pop the elbows into awkward positions. The neck is way too big for the head it was designed for, which is a let down. She cannot stand as company photos would suggest, probably due to the awkward stringing. The hands (I swapped the paws out for Liz hands) are lose and cannot be posed without swinging.
      But the resin is beautiful, light, and the aesthetic of the doll is just what I wanted. The resin is very smooth, I've noticed no flaws on the exterior of the doll.
      Yes, yes I would.

10. * What did you order?
      Charles, pink skin

* When did you order?
      June, 2017

Yes, resin is very smooth and he can poses fine

Yes

Yes

Positives : unique doll, beautiful body detail
      Negatives : waiting time is 6 months i almost forgot

Yes, all they sculpt are stunning

11. * What did you order?
      A blank, White Skin human xanthe
      * When did you order?
      June 2018

Yeah. The doll feels to be off good quality.

No. I received the discontinued fantasy Xanthe. Which did look like the fantasy pictures. But not the pictures I was looking at.

The longer I have it the less satisfied I am. It didn't live up to my expectations which is not DC's fault, but my own.

The body is really attractive looking but the legs are so stubby feeling. The doll is short which was expected but instead of being generally proportioned it has a long torso and short legs.
      It doesnt even feel like a stylistic choice to me either, just a mistake.
      It was incredibly hard to unstring to seal and paint unlike other dolls I've had.

I would. Not this doll again but definitely dolls with longer legs.

12. * What did you order?
      Mini Bella on the B-body 05

* When did you order?
      January 3rd, 2019

Yes, alittle smeller than I normally buy at the same price for msd, but absolutely worth the little extra.

Yea

Absolutely. I think I have a new favorite xD

She poses like a dream compared to my souldoll. The posability is incredible. Hee sculpting is so gorgeous and I adore the pinkish color.
      Only 2 negatives would be that her right eye is slightly thinner, so positioning eyes is going to be a bit of a challenge. She also is unable to lean forward while standing or her knees buckle.
      I will definitely be getting many more dolls from doll chateau xD

13. * What did you order? DC Charon full-set
      * When did you order? December 1, 2018
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty much, though I wish she had come with the eyes pictured.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional),
      The stringing for her legs is a little loose, an easy fix though I'm a little hesitant as I've only restrung humanoid dolls before and am intimidated about trying to work out her stringing.
      Yes but the year+ wait makes me hesitant.

14. * What did you order?
      Youth Christina
      * When did you order?
      November 2018
      Yes, she is absolutely gorgeous, sculpt features, resin, weight, all great
      Yes she does.
      Very much so, I so love her look.
      She poses great. Her nick nack toes need constant reposition, but is more funny, than anything else
      Definitely one of my favourite bjd companies

15. * What did you order?
      Zora
      * When did you order?
      November 2018
      Yes, she is an amazing litte poser
      Yes, down to the smallest tattoo details.
      Yes.
      Her posing is amazing, and the sculpt is soversatile.
      Yes, definitely

16. * What did you order? Charon (blank, white skin)
      * When did you order? I ordered her off of ACBJD in January 2021, when they brought her back for another limited run.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. The body sculpt is so detailed and intricate and the resin is very clearly high quality, weighty and smooth.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I still am! I love her so much, she was a grail doll that I'm so, so happy I had the chance to get after missing her first release.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product: I love the design and how her sweet face contrasts with her scorpion body. Even blank she has a ton of personality and it's hard to pick one concept to go with for her.
      I think the only con I have is that I think her stringing is a bit loose, since her legs don't hold her body weight up and her tail keeps sinking forward. Because of the complexity of her design I'm really nervous about taking her apart to restring her.

* Would you buy more from this company? Absolutely, I'm already planning which doll to get next.

Here she is on her shelf next to my bed, where she looks at me every single day and judges me for doing nothing with her yet.
      [​IMG]