1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll extras collections

Jul 16, 2019

1. Do you have collections of items that aren't necessarily related to any dolls you currently have or stories or plans you have for them? I could be really tempted to build a wig collection as I just love so many of them! What's your extra temptation beyond what your dolls need?

2. Furniture and props, I have so many of both, and every time I go out, I always looks for them something else. They have so much furniture, enough to fill a bjd house if I had one for them, and even outdoor camping and picnic stuff. I also love food props the have a whole freezer bag just full of food props.

What I need to do is spend money on some nice tops for them, I sew decent pants and skirts, but my shirts are not so great, they could use some clothes rather then --- hey, look, cute doll pillow! :roll:

3. Oh, yes, furniture and accessories, one never has enough. I've been collecting those longer then BJDs, but now it is
      an extra challenge to find those pieces for the 1/3 size that are most of my BJDs.

4. Eyes probably. I always get them with a doll in mind, but they don't always work out so I have extras. Also I have built up a fabric and yarn stash to make them clothes.

5. I have a doll-clothes fabric stockpile too. I have plans for some of it, but there's more than I can use of some of it. There's also quite a bit of doll-sized decorative things like tiny vases and statues.

6. My extras are usually from former dolls. Items I love, but don't fit any of my current dolls, but I like them too much to let go. Mostly custom t-shirts and formal wear.

7. Toys, furniture, and shoes. Even though shoes are a pain to shop for lol.

8. Doll-scale dishes and food items that are thematically appropriate for the world they live in! I also seem to be accumulating eyes and miscellaneous resin bits (like extra hands and alternative flat/heeled feet), though those ones seem more like a side thing. I don't go out of my way to get them (unless I don't have ones suitable for a specific character) but also seem reluctant to sell them...

It's part laziness and part just not wanting to set something for sale for a few bucks when the shipping from Finland is relatively expensive anyways...

Oh, and extra clothes that I enjoy but can't be bothered to sell/don't feel it's worth it for the shipping reason/could be used by a doll if I want to change their clothes about. I currently have a bag full of extra clothes... D:

9. I love collecting wigs that do not match my dolls. I never know what I want a doll to look like when I get them so having a box of extra wigs lets me try on a variety of styles and colors until I find the one that I would like to order. Usually the ones in the box are oddly not the ones they end up wearing. The ones in the box tend to just be place holders and/or style guilds which give me a better idea of what wig I would like to order for a particular doll.

10. FURNITURE :O it is giant and obnoxious but the pics taken with furniture are so nice... I have two boys, tons of furniture, and ONE chair that they 'fight' over.

11. Eyes and hair for wigs. I tend to buy interesting and unusual eyes even despite they aren't for any of my dolls or these I'm planning. Fibres and yarn for hair are simmilar cause. Well...fabrics, these too. Unfortunatelly, they take up more space than eyes, it's starting to be a problem.

12. extra clothes, im at a point where their wardrobe has more then mine

13. This is me. I also collect props, especially food and school supplies. I have enough boxes of fabric and doll things, that they double as a cat tower.

14. I love doll eyes. It's creepy, I know but they're so pretty!

15. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Yes, this one.. 1/4
      And chairs, a big collections of chairs in 1/3, 1/4, 1/6.. and a children chair to my 1/2

#15 tovej, Aug 25, 2023
      Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    16. Wigs! So many extra wigs and then I decide that none of them fit my dolls style…. So I get more! Funnily enough I also did this for myself with cosplay wigs and hair extensions :XD:

17. I love extras in both props and accessories. I have mainly kid dolls so they have toys, backpacks, books and so on. The more mature dolls have furniture to their size so the kids look more like children.

18. I have always loved miniatures, so I do collect a lot of random tiny things, whether they'll work or look to scale with any dolls/figures I own. I appreciate that some do work, particularly for with my "newer" mature tiny (and actual 1:6 figures), but I would still purchase those tiny things even if none of my dolls/figures looked good with them. None of those are actually related to any of my BJD at all. I literally just love tiny versions of real-life-objects (like the Zuru Mini Brands series).

When I was actively purchasing BJD, I also enjoyed collecting glass eyes (inexpensive ones) and wigs that had nothing to do with the characters the dolls those items belonged to represented. Shoes, if shoe making BJD companies cared to list the materials, I would have owned so many more as well.
      *Iamashamelesshoarder!!!* (:

19. I have a separate hat collection for my SD girls. They’re made by a wonderful and very talented artisan on Etsy, and “the girls” and I just can’t get enough! Right now, my 7 girls have 31 hats by this specific artist, which were collected slowly over the years. My girls are obviously slaves to fashion, and they just drag me along for the ride.:doh

[​IMG]

#19 PoeticSoul, Aug 25, 2023
      Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
    20. .

#20 Gintsumi, Aug 25, 2023
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024