1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. I just got a Suxon head (and that's the last time I will ever reffer to him by his sculpt name cause he's got so much personality). Does anyone have any spam of that sculpt? I would love to see! I'm just finishing up his faceip and body blush. He's on a different company body as he was a gift to me. I'm actually really pleased with the combination.

Noah is gorgeous! is he the type that would dye his hair? He looks like one that would good in about 800 different hair colors because of how his faceup is done, that's all. I bet those two make a really cute couple!

2. Lucie my Doll Family A Auriel wants the girls to get some love.

[​IMG]

She is sporting an amazing cotton wrap dress since her clothes are in construction.

3. @Clorista
      She and I share a name! My middle name is her sculpt name!
      :3
      And, she has such a lovely faceup!
      ^w^

4. Hey everyone, just wondering, how do you find the resin quality of your Df h dolls compared to other companies? I received my lyndon around October time, and he's pretty much just been in his box the whole time apart from a few forays for measuring and photos, and I'm finding his resin to be really weird... First of all, it's marking super easily. Every time I take him out he seems to have more dark marks, though I store him undressed in his white satin pillow. And, his resin is chipping really easily. Just the process of gently bending his legs or torso has chipped bits off from inside, and put him down on my desk can dent him. He's covered in scratches and marks and I've not done anything with him. I Try to be really gentle, and he seems to be weaker than a friends Df h msd, and all her other dolls from different companies. He's white skin. Has anyone else had anything similar? It's making me really sad because he's my first and only doll and I'm scared to play with him at all :(

Edit: spelling

5. [MENTION=67404]Sovriin[/MENTION] That is really very weird. My Doll Family dolls from both H and A are fine. My first two boys have yellowed very nicely and the only chip on any of them is on one of my Linfeng's where his stomach jumped out and attacked itself once. I have heard of a Dollzone doll doing something similar and someone suggested it might be from bacteria interacting with the resin. I don't know if that might have something to do with yours as well. Where did you order from? I hate to say it but if he was ordered during the rush then maybe there was a bit of haste put into his construction? How is his head? Is it just the body giving you trouble?

I am very sorry that this is happening to you, especially with your first doll. Mine was delivered with a broken headcap and I contacted the dealer and got a replacement. If the body is as bad as you say maybe someone can replace it for you? It helps if you have lots of pictures.

On a side note the DollZone doll that was having trouble was a white skinned doll as well. I wonder if it has something to do with white resin? My two white resin dolls are fine but they may be more vulnerable to whatever causes these defects.
      [MENTION=64125]Faith In Beauty[/MENTION] Thank you! She is my only SD girl so far and I think she is a beauty. I actually ordered her days after the sculpt was announced (which I never do) and ended up putting a boy head on a girls body. She is of course perfect. Of course you and Gieen know how great the elf doll sculpts are :)

6. @Riu. Thank you... just so much! I did his face up. I do a lot of mod work and all the face-ups and blushes for my guys. It makes me relax, gives me something to lose myself in after having to deal with the world for the day. I'm glad that you think I did a good job!
      [MENTION=64125]Faith In Beauty[/MENTION] You're gonna make him blush, LOL. He's kind of a pill to dress... because... well, I tried to put these jeans on him that fit his waist and butt great... but the fly would not stay closed and there was no way he could sit because he needs to go down one leg of the other, if you know what I mean. So I put him in these other pants that were huge on him but fit well in the crotch area. Despite that they were baggy they were still moderately obscene. At least he didn't pop his buttons when he sat despite that he required a belt. Now he is wearing these cream cotton pants that I made out of a nearly transparent microfiber burnout and they have a lot of stretch but... this is apparently what he will be wearing. I am to find more of this material so that I may make him pants and he can rock on with his well hung curvy self and keep his junk in his drawers unless he's purposefully showing the world, LOL.
      [MENTION=52582]Clorista[/MENTION] your girl is gorgeous! Yeah, the Akagi body is slinky in the right way and I think it suits him. I wasn't sure what to expect when he arrived. I thought the company shots of him made him feel standoffish and snotty... and Hennessey is certainly arrogant, but not a dick about it. He knows what he's good at and what he isn't good at, so he doesn't give off the vibe of being arrogant all the time and is more sensual or intimate than I thought I would be able to make him. I'm glad I did though. He does have that feel of a big cat though. Thank you! I haven't forgotten about more eye stuff either. I've been buried under some snow here so please excuse the delay! More will come I promise.
      [MENTION=66036]SteamWitch[/MENTION] I know your pain with names. I have a few where I was unsure of who they were even when I had them in my hands. Myca was the worst for that. She's OT here but, I had an entirely different concept in my head until she arrived. We changed gears fast. Yours has a lot of personality, even blank. I'm sure you'll be told a name soon enough, LOL.
      [MENTION=1563]SpottyJane[/MENTION] Congrats on your boys. I'm interested to see how the blank one turns out, the Suxon I adore, which I'm sure you have noticed.
      [MENTION=67404]Sovriin[/MENTION] Oh my, I haven't had that problem with mine but he is normal pink. The other body I have that is doll family A is normal yellow... and then one practice head was white but I modded the snot out of it without any issues, the other was normal yellow again. I have a large number of white dolls, it's a sicknees I swear, and the only one I was really disturbed by was my hybrid that was Iplehouse and dream of doll. The resin on both of them offloaded a heck of a lot more than anything I have ever gotten. I wear a mask when I work, but it was really bad and you could smell the resin even after I had not worked on that doll for a day or so, in my studio. The DoD white resin was really hard, and had an odd surface texture beneath the initial skin, while the Iple body was normal if you didn't have any sense of smell at all. I'm sorry I don't have any more helpful info for you.

So this is a picture of Hennessey and Vail. I still need to do Vail's bodywork. I made him ankles and I need to smooth those out as well as check his joints. He's older and has one kicky knee. I think I can make him really work quite nicely with a pit of TLC and then his tattoowork, I still need to attach the moonstones in his hair too. Even with all that being said, he still feels like his punk little self. Hennessey and Vail have known each other for a very long time. Hennessey is might bit older and helped to guide Vail as he grew. Now Hennessey looks up to him as a friend and leader. They are just a couple of punks!

[​IMG]

7. @Clorista
      You like Gieen's Sculpt?
      He is a Zi Luo V.II Body Doll Family-A.
      I frankly fell in love with him. As did my husband, and we bought him!

@Myrretah
      Lol, lets keep his "Junk" in his "Trunk"!
      LOL
      He has handsome pants and i think you did fine, and he looks REALLY Nice.

8. [MENTION=51379]Myrretah[/MENTION], Moonstones! That sounds so gorgeous I can't even stand it. Why are all your ideas so gorgeous!?! *bows* Take your time no worries! We narrowly missed the snow so my sympathies and phantom snow shovels your way. Also Lucie says thank you for the compliments. She might have a tiny crush on Hennessey now which is awkward since her hubby is on layaway right now...
      [MENTION=64125]Faith In Beauty[/MENTION], Yeah I figured he was. Those Doll Family A elves are amazing!

9. @Clorista
      Those elves... gotta love them. and their lovely Pointy EARS!!!!!!
      :D

10. Ok so I need some help. I have ended up, through a series of strange and sad circumstances the owner of two Doll Family H Li Hao Yan heads. I was not particularly fond of the sculpt and it is not my taste at all but I am rather fond of the little guys now that they are here. They have very big eyes and a very pointed chin. Both are in normal skin. I have no idea what to do with these guys. I was thinking of making them twin sisters but that is about as far as I have gotten. I don't even know what color eyes to get them, no idea about characterization at all. Any ideas?

11. It's really nice to see all the pictures here, please keep posting your dolls!
      Here is Abel:).
      [​IMG]

12. I got my body today, after only a month of waiting. The color is darker than my previous batch of heads, but it's not terrible. Two Elf LingFeng heads came along with it, I'm not keeping them, but somebody might like pictures. They aren't identical, the ear tips were filed down on one.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

13. Very weird on the ears. *drools over Linfeng with elf ears* Yeah I noticed my Han Jing was a bit pinker then the other normal pink skins I had. I guess darker. Are they shifting their resin tones? That dosn't bode well...

14. It's really not to good for them to shift tones, I have a DikaDoll head ordered, and am about to order an Illusion Spirit one as well. Trying to get the most use out of my body. :)

15. I just got my shipping notice for my Lyndon I'm super excited and can't wait for him to be home!

16. That is so exciting! Congrats!

17. Try Two Opposite Personalities! For instance like, one nice one peskey, or quirky? One idea quite simple plane jane eyes, natural wig and eyes, or unnatural color wig and natural Eyes, or natural color wig and unnatural colored wig. Google search BJD and see all the lovely dolls and wig and eye combo's...

Tags: