1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. Hmmm... I might have to go get Hennessey a skateboard, that board looks great with Gieen. I can imagine Hennessey and Noir, his youngest son, skating together on the grounds at the compound getting yelled at by Vail for grinding the curbs. What's funny is Hennessey helped raise Vail when he was young. I think he'd just give Vail the stink eye for a minute before they laughed. I could totally see Hennessey skating though. There would be a time when he is just looking for stuff to do to keep himself occupied. I'm sure when Sherry was pregnant with Ginger she would make him go do ANYTHING ELSE! I don't think Hennessey would be the overbearing type when she was with child, but when someone cares about your well being that much, they get damned annoying. If there wasn't anything happening at the barn and all the animals were in good health, he would focus on her if it wasn't feeding time, so I can imagine her ordering him to "go find a hobby or I will kill you Hennessey Evngrey..." I think he'd be a bit more laid back when she was pregnant with Noir. Ginger is a handful, too much like his father for his own good, and so would be a bit of a distraction at two years old.

I took Hennessey out to the park the other day and was able to get some ok pictures. I'll post some others too, but I liked this close up of him a lot. I was with my girl and we got some pictures of one of her little ones too. It was buggy and frustrating... but it felt good to go do it. I still need to make him pants. I like the ones he is wearing but I want him to have more than just one pair that he stole from someone else.

[​IMG]
      [MENTION=50874]Vividstar[/MENTION] He's really so pretty.

2. Myrretah, your boy is lovely.

What sculpt is he?

3. Hennessey is the Suxun. I really love him. I got him as a gift; his head. I am so glad. He just kind of pulled himself together :) I'm glad that you like him!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4. I've just been looking at the DF bodies (A and H) for hybrids. I haven't really seen much about them before. Can anyone tell me what are they like for standing and posing? Tx for any info!

5. Both are really good. The doll family h body has really amazing movement right out of the box, the 64cm version. The shoulders are broad enough to pull off larger head sculpts too if you don't want to go with a body that is over 70cm. For doll family a I have the second version of their 60cm body. He stood great but wouldn't point his toes and had no foot movement at all. I modded mine and he still stands fine. With some sueding he'll be much better but I have mine really loosely strung at the moment. He's fiddly because of that but still generally does what I ask despite being a rag doll with no friction. I'd be happy to try other bodies from either, based on my experience, though I like the aesthetic of H better than A as a personal preference.

6. Myrretah - wow... thanks for the super speedy reply! :)

I really like the look of the DF-H 65cm body (http://www.acbjd.com/dfh-65cm-3part-torso-boy-body-p-6293.html?cPath=340_348), but at 65cm it's a bit small. The character should be taller than my 67cm Doll Leaves guy, so I would need to rearrange heads a bit for this to work. I don't mind that as all my guys are hybrids anyway. I'm just very spoiled by the amazing posing abilities of the Doll Leaves body, so I'm hoping to find something as good. Definitely looks good from the photos I've seen, but it's good to know from an owner.

Is there a resin comparison anywhere for their colours?

7. We have a ton of resin here if you need a specific comparison. Hit me up and I'll text Okamikodomo once she wakes up to get some shots for you if you don't find anything before then. I'm not site what you are looking for but I'm positive we have something comparable so you can get an idea. We also have both bodies, the doll leaves as well and the doll family h does have better movement, believe it or not.

8. I've got a DF-H 62cm ver II body, and it's an absolute dream to pose as well as solid on it's feet! I've got some neuropathy problems which make posing larger dolls more difficult, but this body is an absolute joy to work with, even when I'm already quite tired. My absolute favorite SD body to work with so far!
      I'm using this body for heads from different companies - Everpurple Iris and DiM Terrence atm.
      Here's a picture of the DiM Terrence head (which is quite large!) on it:
      [​IMG]Terrence on DF-H (62cm) body by Wolfboy141, on Flickr
      (There are a few more pictures on my Flickr.) Even though this particular head is quite large (the Everpurple head is more in proportion), I still love this body for him, because of how "natural" it poses. And when clothed, the proportions look better as well.

I saw the newly released DF-A 56cm body, and love the look of it, too. Like the simplicity of it's joints, while it still seems like it might be nice at posing. Hoping to order one - at some point - to give it a try! (But ohhh boy, there are so many new releases out there I like, I'm feeling quite overwhelmed, as well as on a tight budget, plus with the unfavorable currency exchange rates lately...*_*)

9. Wolfboy - that's great to know about the posing - thanks!
      I'd actually also been looking at the DF-A 56cm body for another hybrid idea. It would be a great size for what I need and it's a really unusual size to find. Only I think it might actually be a bit too big for the head I have. I'll have to think about that one some more and figure out if it would work.

Myrretah - if he poses better than my Doll Leaves body then that would be epic!
      Thanks so much for the resin comparison offer. I have a Migidoll old normal B head on the Doll Leaves body at the moment and it's quite a bit yellower than the body. I'm thinking I might swap this onto the DF-H body and keep the DS body for my (hopefully!) incoming IoS head. (I know IoS normal matches my DS body well). That would sort out the heights as well as I want the IoS guy to be taller. So I'm not sure what would be best to go for with the DF-H resin. I definitely wouldn't say my Migidoll head is yellow, but he is a bit yellower than DS (from 2014) so DF-H pink might be too pink for him? So basically if you have any comparison of DF-H with either Migidoll, Doll Leaves(normal) or IoS (new normal) - that would be great!

10. Sylphe_7 The DFH is my favorite for posing of all my bodies. It can curl into a full fetal position without a complaint, no sueding or restringing needed. Give me a bit to upload the pictures I have of him and I will post a link. They were taken at night, so they're kinda grainy but you can see what he is capable of. I have the DS 67cm body too, and the DFH blows it out of the water.

11. We have migi normal a and new normal, ios normal and white, and the doll family h normal and white too. Okamikodomo and I can always pull it out. I know you have other migi heads too so the comparison between the different normals and the doll family normal should help even though, now wait I have the normal b too, but it's an older Mu and is probably a bit yellowed. I don't know if my Cho is normal b but I will check. Pictures later, I just got to work and I know Okamikodomo is waiting on someone's body at home so will be hopping all over till it arrives. Either way, we can get you the exact shot you need ok?

12. Sylphe_7: I've just taken some pictures for you, comparing DF-H normal Pink and IOS (new) Normal.:)
      [​IMG]
      I've got one more picture (with DiM resin thrown in as well): link

The DF-F normal pink has mellowed a bit, and has become slightly less pink.
      Both DF-H and IOS have similar yellow tones in their resins, DF-H is (still) slightly more pink.
      But actually, both skin tones are quite close now, and I'd expect them to get even closer as time goes by.

13. Wolfboy - thanks for the photos. Wow, those are really close! I wish DF-H still had a 70cm body, that would be perfect.

OkamiKodomo - that's great to know about the posing. I really want one of these bodies now!

Myrretah - I have a Migidoll head in new normal as well so that would be a useful reference. My Migidoll normal B is a bit yellower and he has a lot of orange and yellow in his face up which makes him look more yellow compared to the bodies. I think the DF-H pink is probably going to be too pink, but I don't know if the DF-H yellow might be too yellow. Comparisons with the pink resin would be useful though to give me some idea. Thanks!

14. Here is one of my favorite shots of what that body can do. Each of the torso joints is engaged and twisted, and the upper one is curled slightly. He held this pose with no effort on my part, well enough that I could just pick him up and set him down on a foot stool a moment later. You can click through the album, though not all the pictures have that body. There is also a side-by-side with the Akagi Doll body that Myrretah has Hennessey on.

[​IMG]20150406_232746 by OkamiKodomo, on Flickr

15. You're welcome, Sylphe_7!
      Yeah, my smaller DF-H body is like your handsome guy's in that way as well. Just so awesome to work with, and each pose looks so realistic!

16. OkamiKodomo & Wolfboy - thanks for the photos, the posing looks great! And I am in love with those knees!
      Now to decide on resin colour and I'll be off to make an order! :dance

Oh.... and another question... is it the 1/3 jointed hands would be the correct size for the 65cm body?

17. Here is another picture of him using all his joints. Like Wolfboy said, the poses look very natural, even when no clothes are on the doll. I have never encountered any other doll that poses this well, right out of the box.
      [​IMG]20150714_101604 by OkamiKodomo, on Flickr

As for the jointed hands, I personally think that it depends on the head sculpt you're using. In short, they are slightly smaller than the hands that come default on the body. If the head is smaller, they would be fine. But Lillium has a massive noggin, and the only reason he doesn't look bobble-headed (well, he does, a little, but I've seen worse and can live with it) is because those shoulders are huge. So the jointed hands I had gotten for him ended up looking comically small when held up to his face. I do eventually want to get him some jointed hands but I will probably need to get some that are meant for a 70cm slim boy. I was looking at the Doll Legend hands but I'm undecided. I'm hoping ResinSoul comes out with a bigger set of jointed hands. The ones they have available are for their 60cm females, so they would be far too tiny for Lil.

18. OkamiKodomo - that posing does look amazingly natural! :D

I'm not sure about the hands. I'm wondering if the 65cm body sort of drops between the 1/3 and 70cm hand size?
      I have the Doll Legend 70cm jointed hands and they are a bit narrower than the default hands but the fingers are longer.... they are huge actually. If the DF-H 70cm hands were that size they would be way too big. I'll try asking them for measurements.

19. If you do decide to get the DFH 65cm body, I would love to see how the Doll Legend 70cm hands fit. They need to be big to look ok on to Lillium. He is actually a head designed for a body that is going to be closer to 76cm or more, so he's huge. Myrretah has the DFH 1/3 hands, and they looked fine against the Suxon head that is Hennessey. They are smallish, but not horrible. I don't have a basis of comparison though, as we only have two sets of jointed hands right now, one being the DFH 1/3 size and the other being Spiritdoll Proud.

One last picture, I promise.

[​IMG]20150714_102305
      by OkamiKodomo, on Flickr

Lillium is actually a magical construct that Zephyr (MNF Breakaway on RS Li body with FTM mods) created. He protects Zephyr, but they are in no way romantic. Lillium wouldn't know what to do with his bits if you gave him a manual.

20. That body poses so wonderfully, wow. Great photos.
      My Dusk got a new wig and hat, he looked so cute I had to photograph him. He doesn't have a doll family body just his head, Zhuangyan vampire elf head in WS on an Island Doll SD body with Doll Legend 60cm jointed hands. I modded his nose and chin.
      [​IMG]dusk w1 by SteamWitch BJDmama, on Flickr

Tags: