1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. @strangesolace To be fair, Youxi is a pretty new release, so I wouldn't be surprised that there aren't any owner pics of him yet. Not sure if I've even seen owner pics of any of DF-A's 70cm dolls, though. The line was added relatively recently and DF-A's unfortunately not that popular of a company.

2. @bickazer That's fair. I wasn't sure how new they are. I took a bit of a break from the hobby, so I lost track of what was available from a lot of companies. It's a shame that they aren't very popular. They have some really beautiful sculpts.

3. @strangesolace It really is a shame. I do find their older sculpts kind of rough-looking, but DF-A has really been outdoing themselves recently with some very beautiful and interesting faces. I love Hejiu in particular and hope to own him one day. <3

4. @bickazer Hejiu is really pretty. I love his pointed litle ears. I also really love Abu, and all of their 70cm boys. I would also love to have Que Wei with his little horns. Youxi is perfect for my character Tristan and is the doll I'm planning to get next, I just hope the 70cm body isn't too tall next to my Max character's 62cm body.

5. Yeah, I love Hejiu's pretty face and slightly pointed ears. I think Abu is cute too, and I like Nick a lot as well. <3 They just make such adorable and soulful boys. I think Youxi is quite handsome too, he definitely caught my eye when they released him. When are you going to get yours? I'll be really excited to see owner pics of him! I also think the height difference won't be too bad; I have 60cm and 70cm dolls and they all look fine next to each other.

6. I agree, their boys are all really soulful and have such a wide range of emotions. Youxi has the perfect droopy eyes without looking grumpy or anything. When I get him will depend a bit on money. I'll hopefully have the money to order him soon, but we'll see. I'll definitely post pictures once he's here. :) It's good to know that he shouldn't look too tall. The characters are together in the same story, so I would hate for them to look too awkward.

7. Doll Family A has a new 70 (or 75, your choice) CM boy called Yunhe. I haven't seem him in the usual suspects yet though, and the DFA website hasn't been updated in ages...

8. @fionvarre Oh, Yunhe is up on Alice's now! I'm surprised, so DF-A is now offering a 75cm body too? I really like Yunhe's outfit, but I don't think it's for sale....

9. @bickazer yeah I don't think DF-A sells fullsets? DF-H does though.

The taobao listing I found had a 75 cm option. Not sure if Alice does too?

BTW Yunhe means Cloud Crane. I would've expected an all white (or white and black) aesthetic with a name like that.

10. @fionvarre Alice has a 75cm option listed, but no separate listing for the body, so I have no idea what it looks like.

11. Hm, it seems like the 75cm is an older body, since it's on their website which hasn't updated for a long time and its sculpting less detailed and refined than the 70cm body to me. I didn't know they had made any larger bodies in the past though, that's interesting.

12. I think the 75 cm body is a new body, not the old one. I have been stalking DF-A weibo
      because, I am pining for Su Yan and :wiggle
      that snake part:o
      Anyway, some time ago they posted/rebloged this
      微博
      https://wx4.sinaimg.cn/large/b89e8c6fly1fzk5g8gjplj20rs557qv6.jpg

While the heads are not theirs, but some artist made, the body is definitely DF-a body. See the underwear resin parts. The 70cm one has the same parts. Moreover, it is not a 70 cm body, because leg parts are 100% different.

DF-a body measurements
      70 cm body / 75 cm body​
      Eyes: 16-18mm
      Head Girth: 23cm
      Height (with head): 70cm / 75cm
      Height (without head) 64cm / 69cm
      Neck Girth: 11.2cm / 11cm
      Shoulder Width: 17cm / 16cm
      Upper Arm Girth: 11.3cm /11cm
      Lower Arm Girth: 10cm / 9,5cm
      Upper Arm Length: 13cm /12,5cm
      Lower Arm Length: 10cm /11cm
      Arm Length(with hand): 30cm / n/a
      Chest: 32cm / 31cm
      Waist Girth (Narrowest): 24.1cm / 24cm
      Waist Girth (at Belly button) 25.2cm / 25cm
      Hip: 31.5cm / 30cm
      Thigh Girth: 18cm / 17,7cm
      Thickest Calf Girth: 13cm / 13,2cm
      Finest Calf Girth: 8.7cm / 7,5cm
      Leg top to foot length: 36.5cm / 42,5 cm
      Thigh length: 16cm / 20cm
      Calf length: 17cm/ 20cm
      Foot: 9.0*3.4cm / 8.0*3.3cm
      heel feet (?)/ regular feet

DF-a is horrible at giving information. They officially posted about tin tin :wiggle parts, only after people started to get their 70 bodies.

I like these bodies a lot. The sculpting looks breathtaking and posing, seems more than decent. :sigh Although, I have expected that the 75 body would be not only higher, but bigger too. But it is slimmer instead! Why!?

13. Lol those tintin parts. I cracked up when my dealer posted those on her facebook page.

I want a Suyan too! I think he'd be perfect for shelling Lan Xichen from Mo Dao Zu Shi if Ringdoll stops with just Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji.

14. Lmaaaaaaaooo those parts are something special. I swear these companies are trying to outdo themselves with their outrageousness. That snake definitely tops even Granado's "handy."

Yeah, I guess the 75cm body is a new one (and the one on the site is an old one? ?_? It doesn't look like the one in the Taobao pictures), and it hasn't been listed separately on Alice's yet.

@fionvarre I knew he reminded me of someone! Yeah, he's definitely giving me Lan Xichen vibes.

15. Hi there. I recently got a dfa mx and I just did his faceup yesterday. It was my first time to do a faceup too! I haven't decided a name for him yet, but here is my new boy ❤

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Wow. That is an amazing face up!

17. Oh thank you! ❤

18. How’s the posability of DF-A bodies? I’m considering the new 75CM, especially since they’re doing free resin matching.

19. I am so smitten by their new limited sculpt Alpha. :atremblin Why does it have to be such a short period of time!? Animal heads are so hard to come by.

Does anyone here have their 70cm body and how is it? Because I'm not too sure I want their 75cm body with their Alpha head. Haha.

Tags: