1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. Could anyone compare Doll Family A and Doll Family H resin with dollzone normal pink? Thank you!!

Also, does anyone have any pictures of any of the doll family 56cm boy bodies next to a 60cm/61cm doll? Just looking to see how their height would compare!

#361 dukie1346, May 31, 2019
      Last edited: May 31, 2019
    2. Hey there, I have both DFA and Dollzone, they are both in normal pink and I received them both recently (DFA in february and DZ in march) so the resin hasn't yellowed yet, I made this resin comparison in daylight and it seems that the DFA normal pink has a heavier pinkish tone while the DZ is more yellowish.
      DFA doll and DZ head:
      [​IMG]
      Top is DFA, bottom is DZ:
      [​IMG]

3. Yesterday my Auriel head arrived, he's normal pink resin. I'm trying to find a body for him, which companies are similar in colour? Compared to the other normal skin dolls I have, he's a lot darker and pinker.

4. Does anyone have a DF-A Dumila you could show me? Thank you!

5. Do you all happen to know the current wait times for DF-A? I just ordered their 75cm body with the Susu head. While I know I do have a wait...ugh I just want him to get here...

6. I actually just emailed acbjd about that. She said 2.5 to 3 months. :)

7. Oh...oh my. I was thinking it was like when I ordered from DF-H and almost 4 months on the nose. <3 This makes me so happy, ty!

8. You're welcome! I'm about to order my boy, too. It can be a race to see whose doll arrives first.:lol:

9. :3 I actually emailed with Alice's Collection yesterday and....HE'S ALREADY THERE! They're literally finishing up a piece of clothing I ordered for another doll to send him next week. Apparently they had both the head and body I wanted already made? Not questioning it but oh my god I wasn't expecting him so soon. Went out yesterday to get some cloth to make clothes for him <3

10. Hmm, the more I look at Suyan, the more tempted I am to pick him up. I love his sculpt and face-up! :love But at first glance I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetic of the 70cm body, and I know I don't want to size up to 75 ...

Does anyone have the 70cm body, and if so, could you tell me how it poses? Are the feet an issue? They look sort of strangely upturned, which isn't a big deal if they're in shoes and you can see them, I suppose, but ... I imagine that gets in the way of making shoes fit comfortably.

And I could start a hybriding topic (and probably will), but if anyone happens to have any advice on what other bodies might suit the Suyan head, I'd love any suggestions!

11. I have a DFA 62cm version 3 body in normal pink incoming! Should be arriving around Thursday. :> I plan to put an IoS Class50 Cho head on it, so if anyone wants to see resin/size comparisons, lemme know!

12. Hi all! I was wondering if someone might be able to confirm: is Doll Family A's light tan the same colour as Doll Family H's (not imported) tan? Thanks! I'm trying to hybrid a LR Kaylar head on Doll Family A's 62cm body and apparently DF H's tan is a pretty close match to LR tan, so if the two DFs share the same tan then that would make things 100% easier :)
      Alternatively, has anyone used the DF resin matching service? If so, how accurate are they at replicating a colour, and did you send them a resin sample, a picture of the colour, or just told them what company + colour you wanted them to match to? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :whee:

13. Hello there! We're an official dealer for both so I can help out a bit! :) From what I've seen, DF-A's light tan is lighter than DF-H's tan. The two are not the same company anymore (what they specifically told our Chinese-speaking representative is, "we're not the same family"), whereas interestingly, DF-H and Doll Legend are the same people.

Many folks have used both DF-A and DF-H's resin-matching service through us. It's a very faithful match, impressively so, down to even the matte/shiny quality of resin. I didn't think DF-H would be able to do such a faithful Dollshe match because Dollshe resin is so matte compared to how shiny their resin is typically, but what they sent back was almost as matte as Dollshe's resin. They request that you send a resin sample so that they can get it as close as possible, but if you're worried about your sample getting lost in the mail you could print out a color swatch and mail that instead. They do have a fair number of matched samples though, so they might just need you tell them what company and color you need because they might have a sample on hand. In any case, this is stuff that we all help coordinate regularly, so feel free to PM me if you have any additional questions. :)

14. Thank you so much, that was incredibly helpful! In that case, I'll definitely wait until November when I have my LR head the body will be for and then I'll place my order through you guys :)

15. Hi!! I was wondering if any of you got Heiju or Bai Niao from DH-A? I would love to see owner pictures, but it seems that there aren't many out there, and i would love to order one before the event ends. Thank you in advance

16. Hi guys, I'm now in love with head MAX of DF-A but also love body of DF-H, so I wonder if the resin color of them match to each other? It would be great if you have picture of normal skin for example, thanks a lot.

#376 giang.cc, Aug 25, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    17. So my ios/dfa hybrid didn't work out. Neck on the body looks too thick for my Cho head. So I popped on a spare Luts head that wasn't selling that I guess I'm keeping now. Here's how a Luts Breeze SD heads looks. He's made for a 65-71cm body and I have him on the 62cm dfa body (version 3). This is Hari.

[​IMG]

18. I have DF-A Chu Jing on DF-H 1\3 body ver.2 in normal pink - the match is perfect. The head is 1 year older than the body and probably is slightly darker, but barely noticeable, not at all after face up and body-blush.
      [​IMG]

19. Hi! I actually just ordered a Hejiu. If you’re still interested in a month or two, I can post a pic here for you to see. :kitty2 However, that probs won’t help right now, huh? What I did what search “Hejiu” in Instagram. There are a few out there—even one blank photo from a box opening. Best of luck!

20. Hi guys, I have a super random newbie question. I've been around too long to post in the actual newbie section so I figured my best bet was to try asking here???

I have absolutely fallen in love with the DF-A Susu practice head. I LOVE the sculpting so much and I can get it for $6 through Alice Collections right now since I'm buying a bunch of accessories through them.
      But is there a difference between regular heads and practice heads? Does anyone here have a DF practice head? I don't understand why they can be sold for so much less unless there is a difference? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Tags: