1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. Practice heads are a sometimes a little lower quality than 'regular' heads. They might have harsher seam lines or not be as 'clean' looking. I had the DFH Xiao Xin practice head before and tbh it wasn't bad quality at all. It didn't come with a COA (not sure if any practice heads do) but it still had the fancy head emblem. I also recently ordered 3 of the DFA little peach speacial offer heads that I'm still waiting on.

2. @Diamond Eyes hi, I guess my practice head is from df-h, but it has no difference with regular heads. I keep him for years as a proper character.

3. Hello! I agree, Susu is freaking gorgeous. The practice heads function just the same as their regular heads as far as I’ve seen, but they aren’t available as full dolls nor are they usually available with faceup. Hope that helps!

4. @Cap'n Ok, so no COA, that's good to know. And possible seam lines. Thank you!

@Tea-Leaf I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to use a practice head as a regular character lol. Thank you!

@GCDear Omg right?? I saw him on the promotions page of Alice Collections and I instantly fell in love. I knew I wanted a 70cm doll for a specific character. And although I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted I knew I would know it when I saw it. And BAM it hit me and I knew I found him. Thank you for your help!

5. :D I actually picked up a Susu head for the 75cm body. He's so friggin handsome. 0.o for some reason my husband thinks I only picked him up for the extra parts.

Got him in white. No seam lines or anything. If you guys would like a picture I can totally grab one. No faceup yet because we're moving... but still good looking.

6. I would love to see a picture!

7. [​IMG]

@Diamond Eyes :) he's a big fella. Can't wait for the time to blush him. There's a second picture coming.

8. @Peneyofdeath He's such a handsome guy! I love his brow line and his nose shape. Thanks for sharing!

9. Hi, does anyone know if the DF-A light tan is a good match to Dollshe's copper oriental? I have a floating head in copper oriental that I'm considering getting a 70cm DF-A body for. I could ask for resin matching but I wanted to know first if the light tan was a good match already.

10. Just in case, does anyone here have a DFA Suyan and can share photos?

11. Hello, I’m intend to buy a 75cm for my bubble head too >< :D, can you give some review about how the body posing , and can It hold pose good ? :eusa_pray

12. The new boys look nice! But I'm still set on a Suyan for my first DF-A purchase.

The event says extra $1 for glove hands. What do those look like?

13. Sadly I can't. I got him just as we were starting to pack things up to move, so he just sat holding his daughter and adoptive daughter. Now that we're in the new place, my study is still utter havoc and he's safely staying in the corner with his little adoptive daughter again. As soon as I have space and can work on dolls again, I'll be sure to play around with him to give you some information.

14. Thank you so much <3

15. I've promised myself no more resin for the year...but the Karl practice head is tempting me a lot. :frownyblush: The price is such a steal and he looks so cute and versatile; I think he'd work great for my little emo boy Yuki, who I've been meaning to get as I slowly pile up a collection of SD emo clothes none of my other dolls can wear....

I had vaguely intended Hejiu to be Yuki, but having seen more owner pics of him he seems a bit too mystical/supernatural looking to be an ordinary kid. So I'll probably just stick to admiring their pictures of him. :XD:

Maybe I'll use part of my next month's doll fund on Karl (already spent this one's on clothes lol). I think I would get him in normal yellow? And eyeing the Fdoll boy body for the price? I really don't want him to cost too much haha. Dunno which Fdoll color would match, but I could always get it custom.

16. Doll Family A just announced a new 68 cm girl body! And a new girl named Ivy to go with that. She's gorgeous. A gentle sculpt that could probably pass for both male or female I think.

17. I just ordered 70cm Suyan from Alice's Collections and I didn't have anyone to tell lol

18. @Nefla congratulations on your new Suyan! He's a handsome boy, right? I've been eyeing him as well, but I haven't really seen a lot of owner pictures of him whether here or on Weibo. Or maybe I'm just not looking at the right places. Do share photos of your boy when he arrives!

Tags: