1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. Hey everybody! I just wanted to ask if Doll Family-A shares any resin matches with Doll Family-H, particularly between their normal pink and normal yellow? I love the DF-A Max head, but prefer DF-H's body and hand options. I know they don't use the same casting service but I figured I'd ask if the colors are similar at all! Thanks :)

2. @Nefla Congratulations on your new boy! Seeing him makes me want to get my own Suyan earlier than scheduled lol. What's his skin color btw? He looks pink in the photos but just might be the lighting. Still confused over yellow or pink for my Suyan...

3. Thank you ^_^ yes he is "normal pink" in color

4. Does anyone know which companies have a resin match for DF-a normal pink, and if any have hands for a 62cm boy? I know resinsoul can match jointed hands but just wondering about other options!

Thank you!

5. Does anyone know if the DF-A 62cm ver. 3 body (when bought alone) comes with the ‘fingers spread’ and ‘fingers together’ hands? I’ve seen both come with full dolls on YouTube, but no information about the body alone on alices collections or any other dealer. Thanks! :3nodding:

6. I ordered the 68cm girl body with the small bust yesterday, so here's to seeing how long it takes to be produced!

7. If you’re referring to the boy body, mine cane with both types of hands!

8. does anyone here have an Ivy and a smaller 1/3 body to put her on? i'm interested in putting her on the 60cm body instead 68cm body and was wondering how it might look.
      it should be fine, judging by measurements, but having reference photos can never be a bad thing. if anyone could also take a picture of her profile, that would be great too!!

on a somewhat related note, how yellow is DF-A's normal yellow? i'm a little worried about it since i've had one normal yellow girl from a different company come in looking like a cheese.

9. @hellFlower Sorry I can't help you with your questions about Ivy, but I do have a Karl practice head in the normal yellow. It is distinctly yellow, but I wouldn't say it's like cheese; it's a rather pale, light color. Here's some pics of him on my Instagram, and a comparison with Ringdoll and Dollclans normal.

10. thanks so much! with those photos and bit of cross-referencing, it seems like fairly close match for dikadoll's normal yellow. maybe a bit darker? very good to know (and hear that it's not cheesy lol)!

11. Hi! I got a Susu practice head from AC and dyed him green. The resin took the color strangely but I was able to texture the face to cover the blotches. So here is my boy Afra. The lamp and camera got his skin tone right but turned the wig pink even though it is golden blond.
      [​IMG]Afra WIP by SteamWitch, on Flickr

12. I got him done. I made this wig for him since I wasn't happy with the other one and didn't think chopping it up would help. He will be on a bust for a while. I may get a green body for him some day. So this is Afra Lyon from the Anne McCaffery novels about telepaths. He is from the planet Capella where humans have evolved having green skin. He has yellow eyes and blond hair, even though my camera is bound and determined to turn his hair pink.
      [​IMG]2020-01-04_09-51-51 by SteamWitch, on Flickr

13. Hi all, does anyone know much about the new Boy Body 5? It’s listed on AC but they only show the “Angel” version, and I’m assuming that the “Male” option has a fixed... man hood... according to the listing. I want a body like their 70/75cm ones, but they’re too big for my Auriel head :...(

14. I was looking at BJDivas and I saw that DF-A has a "beige" skin option that isn't available in Alice's and Legenddoll. Then I checked Taobao, and that color seems to be called "rice white" over there.

Anyone have experience with ordering that color for their DF-A doll? It's the skin color for their promo photos of the 70 cm body, so I'm really considering getting that for Suyan instead of yellow or pink.

15. My Susu head arrived and I was able to pick it up from the post office on Wednesday.

[​IMG]
      Here he is on his body. The color difference is horrific in person, as the body is from another company.
      I just gave him a face up today, but I don't have new pictures on the body yet.

[​IMG]

16. Sorry for the double posting, but here's a better picture of my DF-A Susu (Valentine) put together!

[​IMG]

17. Ordered my first full resin doll over the holidays and it miraculously shipped out like two weeks later. But I’m afraid it didn’t make it out of customs before the lunar new year so now I have to wait and it’s killing me. It is a 70cm body Terrell and some clothes from alices collection.

18. Hey all!
      I was just wondering if anyone has personal photos of Doll Family A's tanned skin from no earlier than 2019? I'm trying to work out what colour it is but all of the company photos of their dolls who's promo pictures feature them in tan are distinctly different, and the photos are of course somewhat edited. Angier, for example, is in quite an ashy tan colour, while the little peach special offer head doesn't really look that tan (more like a slightly darker NS), and other photos of him feature another 'dark tan' that isn't even an available colour for order on Alice's Collections (does anyone know what that's about?). Furthermore, on Alice's Collections they're trying to say that the pictures of Dimon that they're showing are in white skin, but... they're definitely not??? It looks tanned but I'm just really confused at this point. So if someone could help me out I'd be really grateful :)
      Link to AC's pics of Dimon where they're trying to say he's in white skin: Dimon - 75cm Boy, Doll Family - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections

19. He's gorgeous <3

Tags: