1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. Thanks for the information! The 68 cm girl body has a neck girth of 9.5 cm while the boy body has 10.5 cm. Wouldn't that cause issues with putting the head on the boy body? The 62 cm boy bodies have 9.5 cm necks, but the head might look too big on those...

2. @glueblade
      Sorry I think I forgot to check which doll you were looking at!
      Sounds like you'd probably have to do some neck mods to get a 68 cm boy body to work.
      The 62 cm body head girth is 22cm (same as Ling Yin) and the shoulders are actually wider at 13.4 cm, so I feel like the head might work with this body. I wonder if the scale would look off though...

I asked ACBJD about their resin colours today and received the following photo.

[​IMG]

I also found this image that was posted a few years ago: http://www.mintoncardinc.com/IMAGES/LARGE/XYDBGBKODFAresin.png

I think depends on whether you want a more pink or yellow skin tone. Lightness may also depend on how you blush it. In the MOC photo, the yellow head seems to be blushed with darker colours and appears “darker” to me.

For the doll I’m planning, I think tan might be a nice option.

#482 AmariGem, Jul 15, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020
    3. Thank you! In the end I choose pink to be on the safe side, and with these photos I am convinced I did a good choice for what I have in mind.
      Plus their yellow looks... too yellow for my tastes, I prefer their pink and tan!

4. I'm a little intimidated by neck mods, but the girth isn't too different, so it might work out. That's good to know about the 62 cm body! Proportions might be a problem, but the head size being similar is a good start.

I don't think I'd order her anytime soon anyway due to doll budget limits, so I can hope that someone will order her who has a bunch of different DF bodies and is willing to do comparisons.

5. Same here haha. Though I feel like I might be more comfortable with modding the neck than the head itself.

I’ve also been contemplating a DF-A doll but I can’t in good conscience buy another doll this year. Especially when I haven’t even received my last order yet! :sweat

6. Just coming back to add the photo I found from DFA weibo of their skin colors!
      They wrote nothing, but I suppose it’s from left to right: white, normal yellow, normal pink, light tan? [​IMG]

7. It's tough trying to be financially responsible in this hobby :sweat A doll I ordered was ready a lot earlier than I expected, so I've got things for her to worry about for now. What doll were you thinking of getting?

8. @glueblade Its true but we try our best! :sweat

Congrats on your new doll :)

I thought Max would be great for a female character I have. I find the eye shape very pretty and the confident smile would suit her character. If you edited the company photo to have long hair it seems similar to how I’d picture her haha... I should actually do that o.o

The only issue would be that it wouldn't fit the body I have at home (because money lol). However, given how affordable this company is, getting a full doll from them doesn’t seem that bad. :kitty2

9. @AmariGem
      I agree, the eye shape is really interesting. Together with the smirk, it makes for a pretty expressive face. And it's androgynous enough that it should look great on a girl body.

If you can manage to order the head on a different body while still taking advantage of the discount they offer, it really wouldn't be overly expensive. For non-limited dolls, I try to tell myself to wait until there's a good deal. I'm hoping I can find the body I've got my eyes on secondhand to save a bit.

10. Does anyone happen to have a comparison of either of the DFA NS colors and Luts NS? I'm trying to decide which would match better for a hyrbid. >.<

Edit: Welp I went ahead and ordered the head cause it was on sale. :lol: Got it in the normal pink to try on one of my Luts NS bodies. Will report back results later.

#490 Cap'n, Jul 20, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    11. Oh yes, please! ♡ I'm terribly interested in how DF-A normal pink compares to Luts NS myself ^^

12. I'm hoping its not too boyish looking ahaha. Hopefully nothing a face-up can't help. :thumbup

Since he's not a limited sculpt, this is definitely something I'm planning to leave on the back burner for a year (...or two). Just to prevent any impulse buying haha. I've seen a similar sale come and go for DF-A so I'm not too worried about it.

Hope the body hunting goes well! (that sounds so weird lol)

13. Sorry it's a bit late, but I do own a DFA head in normal yellow and a Luts head in normal. Here's a comparison:

[​IMG]

The DFA head is from 2019. It's on a DF-H body. The Luts head is from 2017, I believe, since that's when the knight version of Platinum was released (I got it secondhand so not entirely sure). I'm a bit surprised by how much pinker it appears than the DFA head haha, because on its own it does seem more on the yellow side (but again, that may be because it's old).

Hope this is helpful to anyone. :whee:

14. Man DFA normal yellow is really yellow. I was thinking of buying the new 68cm body later this year, for some old LLT heads in normal. I wonder if DFA's tan might actually be a better normal match. Does anyone have any comparisons for DFA's tan against any other companies normal?

15. I actually have a comparison with the tan! I used to own three of the Little Peach heads in 'tanned' (which I think is their light tan but that's what AC had it listed as).
      Top two heads are Luts RSB, middle left is Resinsoul light tan, three next to that in the middle are all DFA tanned, bottom left is Charmdoll NSY, bottom right is Huajing NS.
      [​IMG]
      I remember I put one of those tanned heads on a NS Pipos body before and in photos you couldn't tell the difference but in person the tan looked more like a tanned Caucasian color as compared to an ethnic tan.

16. @Cap'n Thanks for the picture! Sadly it looks like light tan may be to brown for the heads I have.

17. It definitely is! Thanks a lot for your efforts!! ♡

I'm totally in the same boat! I adore the new 68cm body - I keep going back to it and aesthetically it would be perfect for my Switch head, but the resin match is scarying me >_<

#497 Sasha of the Crows, Jul 23, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    18. @Sasha of the Crows I really wish companies sold resin chips.

Edit: Going back through the thread it looks like DFA may offer resin matching. Can anyone confirm that? And if they do, and you've gotten done, how close did the match end up being?

#498 Cloudedmind, Jul 24, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    19. Hello everyone! I'm considering DF'A's 68 or 70 cm boy body for my littlerebel Ethan's head, and I'm wondering wether to pick their normal pink or maybe off white for the skin tone, I've never seen actual owner pics of their off white color though, does anyone own a doll with this skin tone? Thx!

20. Welp, just put my first ever doll, Suyan, on layaway! I couldn’t pass up this deal, plus ACBJD was offering jointed hands, and I’m curious to see how they pose. I’m so excited to get him! I’ve heard DFA is a lot faster with wait times, so hopefully he won’t take too long. :XD:

Tags: