1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Family A Discussion - part 2

Jan 12, 2015

1. The normal pink is pretty pink. I have a pic of a Luts NS head on a DFA Normal Pink body somewhere around here (looking for it currently) but the match was pretty awful. And I think LR NS is a close match to Luts NS.

2. I will post pictures later, but I'm finally unboxing my DF-A Ivy and oh my god. I got her for the body to hybrid with one of my floating heads and good lord -- it's beautiful!! I'm shocked!! In the best of ways of course!

3. My DF-A Dimon, named Damien, arrived yesterday.

[​IMG]

He's on the 70cm body and is MUCH bigger than I anticipated!
      It's less about him being tall (though he is) and heavy (yep, he is), but he's so bulky. I didn't think about the muscles, but the boy is ripped.

[​IMG]

Granted, I'm not a particularly big person, but I can only just wrap my thumb and finger around his thigh - it's slightly thicker than my wrist!

So yeah. I love him! Not too sure I'm a fan of the magnetic "appendages" he came with, but they gave me a chuckle anyway. :wiggle

Is anyone aware of trousers that will fit him? I was lucky he came with these underpants! Had bought some Tata's Paradise SD17/Hound/70cm white trousers, and initially they were going well... but they just will not make it over the top of his thighs even with both my husband and I trying. So, we'll either want a bigger size (if it exists!) or trousers in a more stretchy material.

Honestly, I'd love to get the 68cm body for him instead; but given that he's already intended for the 75cm rather than the 70cm he's on, I don't see it working. Plus, 400~ dollars is a big chunk of money if I can't shift this current one. :sigh

The previous owner (who had only just received him from the company!) sent him with his jointed hands on, and I'm not sure how I feel about them. I have had jointed hands on a doll before, but it's been a couple of years and I forgot how finicky they are. I'd switch to his regular hands, but even with the help of husband we were having a struggle - might try again later.

[​IMG]

All in all, high praise for this doll. No seamlines, hefty weight, and he's so cute that I didn't even realise his face was the company default! I'm glad I chose to get him. :chibi

#503 astromayhem, Aug 22, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    4. :) I have him on the 75cm, which I think has the same measurements but stretched out for his height. Amazingly the only thing I've bought that fits him are Uncle sized clothes on Amazon. Actually.....I still have to find him some pants that he would actually fit his personal style. xD

5. @astromayhem he’s really cute! And how ripped :aeyepop:
      Did you check clothes for iplehouse Eid? I read they EID are pretty thick guys too, maybe they could fit him

6. I also need help finding pants for my 75cm boy. The struggle is real with his huge body

7. Hello! Does anyone know which brands have a good match for doll family A tanned resin? and if said companies have female bodies with 9.5cm necks? Thanks!

8. I'm so tempted by the sale on Clover Singing right now. But I'm iffy on resin matching. I know DFA normal pink doesn't match Luts NS, but does anyone know if DFA normal yellow is a better match?

9. I have and head in NP and it's really pale and pink. For what I saw from photos, Luts is fore sure more yellow than DFA pink... so yellow may be a better match than the pink, but not sure how much they would look similar.
      I think up here there was a picture with the comparison between all DFA colors, if that could help a little.
      Let's hope someone can compare!

EDIT: I can't look at everything but actually you can check on flickr! HERE are a lot of resin comparison pictures

#509 Rurimas, Aug 26, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    10. Yeah I've been looking around for resin comparisons and I can't seem to find any comparisons to DFA normal yellow at all. All of them seem to be compared to normal pink >.<

11. I think you should make a new post to ask for comparisons, so everyone in the forum could see it in the new posts. You may have more luck like that
      I am tempted by another random DFA practice head in yellow, just to see the color by myself.

12. I have a DF-A NYS body, and it is very pale. I sadly do not have any Luts normal skin dolls available for comparison currently... but just from memory, it would match better than the nps. The neck, hands and collarbones I would recommend to blush.
      If needed I can take some pics of it with some other doll colors (DZ normal pink, TD normal pink, Impldoll real skin from 2015, etc....)

Also, in case anyone is waffling on the 68cm girl body, I own in and she can stand on one foot unaided, unsueded, and not wired.
      [​IMG]
      The proof.

I have a DZ Chen head on the body, which is also normal yellow but from 2011, and I had to color match the head to the body as the body was a lot paler.

13. @IzabethS oh wow the balance is so nice! Hope my boy will stand like that too

14. <3 My boy just had a spa day today. Oh I'm so glad he's no longer paper white. As well...I just /had/ to sand those veins off the body. They just wigged me out too much. Can't wait for my finger to heal up so I can blush him up.
      [​IMG]

15. Looks like a lovely dye job! :chibi

16. So, I ordered two of the new 68cm body, but with a two part torso instead of three. DF-A does do resin matching, but they also have access to some other resin colors already, so I got the bodies to match Volks normal.

17. I got a Bach head in normal yellow before sale ended. It was super cheap and I will use it I hope on my msd body that's in order (if the color matches at least). I can use it as color match too which isn't half bad

18. Oh wow! You got a gorgeous guy here. Yes, I used to think between Popo 68cm and this Dollfamily A 70cm body, then I bought Luts SSDF 70cm new muscle body. Unfortunately, Luts body is super blank for me, I love muscle then I want to switch to a sexier body for my boy. But I concert about the same problem as you, muscle guy really difficult to find clothing, If I change the body, I must change all clothes. Especially the vest and coat are the most expensive ones.
      @ Dollfamily A's member: I wonder does anyone have a DF A 75cm body? I want to compare with 70cm in real picture so so much.

19. @GreyNia I have a DF-A 75cm boy, but I don't have the 70cm one to do a comparison.

20. Wonderful, the information from the 75cm body owner will be perfect for me. Could you please take one picture in comparison with some other guys in 70~75cm on your collection, please? I also want to ask about his neck, I saw the information that his neck 11cm, but he looks like he has a long neck (in his advertising pictures) am I right?

Tags: